Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    yeah but anduin needs a female companion who will it be?
    Sylvanas

Whats the point. If they kill someone who isn't popular no one will care. If they kill someone popular its only a matter of time before they bring them back anyway so no one popular ever really ... dies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    As an alliance player, losing Vol'jin meant more to me. Varian was just a wierdo, most of whose story happened in some book or comic where he was his own doppelganger or some other nonsense we had nothing to do with. We followed much more of Vol'jin's story in game (both from WC3 and in WoW). I'm hoping Vol'jin's story isn't done yet, he was a powerful shadowhunter, and he may return, either alive or as a loa.
    I really hope that Vol'jin is dead, because ressing him would do terrible things for the current story of WoW. He is gone and things have changed becasue of that. He were to return, things would be messed up.

But i get your jest though. Its wierd, that some people feel more connected to a character, who have been totally idle for 1 entire expansion and who have very little to do with the rest of the game in total, then the ruling high king of the alliance. A guy, who have had 3+ years to be build up, yet he is left in the dust with no emotional connection left with his death.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    But i get your jest though. Its wierd, that some people feel more connected to a character, who have been totally idle for 1 entire expansion and who have very little to do with the rest of the game in total, then the ruling high king of the alliance. A guy, who have had 3+ years to be build up, yet he is left in the dust with no emotional connection left with his death.
    "Hush, Tyrande." Lots of character development

They dropped Varian back into the game at the end of TBC with the scourge invasion and Stormwind docks frostwyrm thing right?

It would have been nice if they had put into the game a little bit of story for him other than "Remember that questline aaages ago that wound up in Theramore with the Defias kidnapping the king. Well yeah, this is that king, he's back now." Which is more than they even bothered with at the time.

Valeria or Broll could have explained it, (rather than being rando characters only people who had explored the extended universe would have known anything about, just chillin' next to the High King) sure it would have taken an intern an afternoon to transcribe a synopsis of his story into chat options with them; but heyooo.

Only reason I know his story is because as a joke a friend bought me a WoW comic years ago and it happened to be the one about Lo'Gosh in the Dire Maul arena. Otherwise I'd have been just as "WTF" as I'm sure the majority of players were.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

1. Want this to be game a thrones? Actually, that doesn't sound too bad.

2. If they kill people, many kids will be triggered, and blizz will just add another half-ass, anime-like character to replace em.

3. Meanwhile, yimiron is still swearing at me in the HoV, the guy's been through more than yamcha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    "Hush, Tyrande." Lots of character development

They dropped Varian back into the game at the end of TBC with the scourge invasion and Stormwind docks frostwyrm thing right?

It would have been nice if they had put into the game a little bit of story for him other than "Remember that questline aaages ago that wound up in Theramore with the Defias kidnapping the king. Well yeah, this is that king, he's back now." Which is more than they even bothered with at the time.

Valeria or Broll could have explained it, (rather than being rando characters only people who had explored the extended universe would have known anything about, just chillin' next to the High King) sure it would have taken an intern an afternoon to transcribe a synopsis of his story into chat options with them; but heyooo.

Only reason I know his story is because as a joke a friend bought me a WoW comic years ago and it happened to be the one about Lo'Gosh in the Dire Maul arena. Otherwise I'd have been just as "WTF" as I'm sure the majority of players were.
    Tyrandas implementation in Val'sharah is so dumb xD If that is Blizzards way of introducing more NPC interaction, then we are totally doomed

Yeah, they dropped into the game back then, but it is really first in MoP that they begin to build him up as a character And while i have not done the entire High King questline, i have heard, that he is build up pretty well. But WoD had a huge negative effect on all the NPCs of Azeroth. For several years, we saw nothing to our faction leaders and they were pushed under the rug. That Blizzard could think, that killing 2 faction leaders, who had been away for more then 2 years, would actually create an emotional response in players, is odd. I hope they have learned from that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Sylvanas

Wouldnt he prefer Jaina though.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yeah, they dropped into the game back then, but it is really first in MoP that they begin to build him up as a character And while i have not done the entire High King questline, i have heard, that he is build up pretty well.
    I dunno I never felt he was a "player" of MoP; as an Alliance player at least, MoP was more about Jaina and Anduin but that could just have been me starting to burn out... Like I said, they could have put all this story into the game when they dropped him back in Stormwind; at the bare minimum as explained by Valeera or Broll, or maybe even a questline to explain it if they felt like being generous I'm not surprised he was essentially known as "The Chin" for basically his entire lifespan in WoW - it was the most noticable aspect of his character

Deleted
    No, because they can't introduce new lore characters. They just can't seem to do that well. This way we are going to run out of characters in a year or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    One of the best aspects of Legion storywise was the killing of three major heroic characters from the start. It set the tone and emphasized the threat we're dealing with (something I felt previous expansions lacked, especially WoD) so I really hope Blizzard won't shy away from killing off huge characters in the next expansions. What's your thoughts?
    What? I can't remember this stuff since it's a year ago. It lost its impact when the lore took to long to progress.

And what about the Sylvanas and Greymane war? We haven't seen shit, it was one minor squabble. What about the Horde and Alliance? The factions feel dead since they are neglected this expansion. I mean, sure the Class Halls are nice and all but the game loses its soul when the Horde and Alliance factions are neglected. I don't even know what I'm fighting for anymore. The game just feels dead and soulless.

Yeah that was a bit silly as now we know Anduin isn't in danger whatsoever
    But we kind of knew this without the comic. Usually in Kingdoms if the king falls and leaves a young heir, they safe guard that kid pretty heavily. I assumed when Varian was lost Anduin was going no where, but down the path of growing into a badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why Blizzard needs to give other NPCs some huge attention in-game to grow. Unfortunately I doubt this will happen
    Think we should allow the smaller to shine sooner. Gelbin, Gallywix, Baine and heck, even Genn - then again, Genn is shining fucking bright right now for Legion, so maybe more like, the dwarven council.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They don't need to kill anyone though and people will still play the game. Just because Thrall dies doesn't mean someone new is going to buy the game The thing is even when lore characters die most of them are still in the game which is confusing to some people. Go back to your garrison and most are still alive being like thanks for helping us, play level 85 and everyone is still alive and you are like /say dude I have a secret don't go the to broken shore in 25 levels

It actually has an adverse side effect when a huge lore character dies for me I am like I thought you were amazing how did you die, weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian,vol'jin and tirion died, the game is exactly the same as before storywise and barely anything changed... all the lore characters could die and nothing would change again, they could hand over stormwind to a nameless NPC and org to a peon and nothing would change.

Horrible story telling all around in wow tbh :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like If they kill anymore characters WoW is just going to lose it's soul as it already started to feel like that when we lost Varian and Vol'jin. Who is going to fill the empty spots? I can't imagine it'll be anybody as interesting and well known as the previous characters.

Losing Varian and Vol'jin also made me realize that WoW never really had a whole lot of great characters. I mean it has a lot of characters but not many great ones. Blizzard should've introduced more characters from the comics and had them do more in the game so we can become more familiar with them. Right now it's just a bunch of "meh" characters with one or two of the remaining good ones.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-12-29 at 11:37 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

To be fair, you are all talking about huge lore character deaths and I can't see many being particularly bothered by it. Whether it's sinked in or not but for me I was and still am a bit bitter about it which for me means it's worked.
    As for killing more, I doubt it will do now. They've done it so simply it's gearing up to a future expansion which personally speaking is and most likely is Northrend. Vol'jin was killed and spoke to the Loa, Sylvanas is the new Warchief and trying to regain control over the hordes of val'kyr then they've made way so that artifact weapons are potentially a permanent resident since things like with Thrall and the Lich king with the four horsemen...
    Now look to Northrend, Zul'drak is there, it's the home of the Scourge and some storylines that were centred around Sylvanas and things like the betrayal, along with the val'kyr there and Lich King on top...

Not sure others can see the links I can but it all seems to convenient to do that, on top with us potentially visiting Argus in 7.3... I can see us going Argus, realise as a story we can't solely beat them as we stand now and take a trip to Northrend to ally with Bolvar/Lich King who happens to have an army that can be as endless as Legion....
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2016-12-29 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Man, Cairne's death was almost textbook George R.R. Martin there.
    My only gripe with that is it wasn't told in-game

7+ Year Old Account
    My only gripe with that is it wasn't told in-game
    Agreed, that would have been both terrible and cool as hell to see firsthand (whether in a cutscene or in in-game action).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    yeah but anduin needs a female companion who will it be?
    Doesn't have to be female. Wrathion would make a great partner.

As long as they don't kill them faster than they can give us new ones.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"