Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.1.5 ele meatball or icefury build?

So I am currently 860 ilvl and at 41% mastery, 34% crit, and 27% haste.

With those stats would I be alright playing the lavaburst centered build in 7.1.5? Or will icefurys build be just too good to pass up on?

What's the ideal build currently looking like?

Whether you have the legendary belt or not is going to be a big factor in which build is better.

Using fairly conventional haste / crit gear, I found that talenting for totems, ancestral, elemental blast, LM totem (yes, even ST) and IF yielded the best dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ideal build is whatever you can play best. Currently IceFury is better for ST if you're perfect with your rotation (and it's really good for movement), but meatball isn't bad, but it's more forgiving (and single target is a little lower than IceFury).

Meatball pulls ahead when there are multiple large health targets (council fights, etc) when you can spec for extra LVB proc chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

[QUOTE=Terra;43940890]

Thanks for the link

So i go there and the first thing i see is that they have talents in the wrong tier so its telling me to take ice fury and Echo of elements and Ancestral swiftness. the last 2 are in the same tier anyone have a more reliable place to actually find updated info?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthanius View Post
    So i go there and the first thing i see is that they have talents in the wrong tier so its telling me to take ice fury and Echo of elements and Ancestral swiftness. the last 2 are in the same tier anyone have a more reliable place to actually find updated info?
    You were reading the part about 7.1.5.
    This is not "outdated" info, it's information about the future.
    That's as updated as it is possible to get :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arthanius View Post
    Quality reading skills right there.

Right Now the word is the IF/EB beats ASC/EB by 2% if you play perfectly. That being said, I'll quote Clap from the Earthshrine Discord Channel

Wall of text inc
    This is a general PSA to try and nip something in the bud that I have been seeing around forums and have corrected in here several times.

Is IF/EB higher in performance than Ascendance/EB? Yes, by a whole whopping 2%.
    Does that mean Ascendance/EB is non-viable? No. 2% is just noise in the scheme of real life play when compared to sims.

The bottom line is, stop thinking / saying / posting that IF/EB is the "only" spec you get to play in 7.1.5 and that it sucks and therefore you're mad, because it isn't the only spec you can play. The results showing IF/EB ahead are used as a reference point for single target throughput only in order to make more informed decisions on what's to be done for raid situations, not an end all be all. Not only are both spec choices "viable" but they are competitive with eachother in real raid environments where not everything can be done perfectly, no matter how good you are. Take the simulations and numbers on SE&L with a grain of salt and utilize them to make an informed decision.

If that isn't enough to convince you that both are "viable" a majority of the theorycrafters who produced the results are still going to primarily play Ascendance over IF/EB because it functions better in a realistic play environment. IF/EB has its place, but by no means is it in every possible situation, or even a majority of situations.

This pretty much sums it up

Oh my i misread the whole thing. Well im embarrassed. Oh well Thank you Imnick for helping me realize that. And to you Claptrap, yeah that was an absolutely useless post and i hope you were laughing at how silly i sounded to yourself. I hope i made your day a little better. Anyways with my new found knowledge i will reserve judgement on this new build for when the patch comes out.

Deleted
    I find ele community nice. Underpowered for 6 months, without a word from devs for many months, still not ragging that much and kept it civil. Look at other class forums. Needless to mention mages, but even enh shamans cry after godly performance from legion launch. Anyway, cant wait to try new builds, more interesting for sure. Gonna maintain both builds, Im sure they will be great for fights in nighthold. Also cleave ascendance build will be cool. Hopefuly for some talent options for different fights.

The shoulders also make ascendance much closer as well. (because you're casting more earth shocks than icefury)

Quote Originally Posted by UberpwN View Post
    I find ele community nice. Underpowered for 6 months, without a word from devs for many months, still not ragging that much and kept it civil. Look at other class forums. Needless to mention mages, but even enh shamans cry after godly performance from legion launch. Anyway, cant wait to try new builds, more interesting for sure. Gonna maintain both builds, Im sure they will be great for fights in nighthold. Also cleave ascendance build will be cool. Hopefuly for some talent options for different fights.
    Maining Elemental before.
    We're used to it

Speaking of maining it, I miss my Ele..

Under perfect conditions in simulations, IF parses 2% higher than Asc. So, at this point, it truly comes down to preference.

how do you guys feel about this one for dungeons?

www(dot)wowdb(dot)com/talent-calculator#CIgd

Perfect ideal conditions just don't exsist in raids,ever,period. Acendance will be the go to build and only the hipsters will be running IF/EB just so that can start telling you all how much more "skill" it takes and how music sounds better on vynil. Who the hell ever started calling it meatball build btw?
    Last edited by Rawklobster; 2016-12-30 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    Perfect ideal conditions just don't exsist in raids,ever,period. Acendance will be the go to build and only the hipsters will be running IF/EB just so that can start telling you all how much more "skill" it takes and how music sounds better on vynil. Who the hell ever started calling it meatball build btw?

I like that IF build prioritizes crit>mastery. This allows me much easier to offspec ele as main resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Claptrap View Post
    This image is fantastic!