Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    as far as I know every class got buffed >8% only ww got buffed 4% so it's a nerf. and a hard one.
    Not even close to every class got more than 8%. The ones that did either actually needed them because they were horribly underperforming (take your pick of the bottom third specs) or they changed/removed skills completely and had to buff to compensate (STM for Spriests, Might from Ret Paladins, etc). The fact that monk DPS wasn't near as inflated by legendaries as some other classes (hi arms warriors and fire mages) monks I would bet will be in the top half of specs and likely in the top quarter or third id guess.
    Last edited by Michael000; 2016-12-26 at 01:13 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't our scaling pretty bad? If so it feels like the buff is insignificant if we'll just slide back down again because we don't scale as well as other classes. I'm also concerned about Xuen's buff like a few other people here, I prefer the hit combo playstyle as it keeps me focused, Xuen is basically a pop every 3 mins thing. I don't find that fun or engaging and I'm hoping it'll be on par with HC/RJW not better.

Also has anything even been mentioned yet about SEF? I've seen little about it.

Deleted
    Of course, the scaling issues were not adressed at all it seems. Even if the buffs bring us up to mediocrity again, we are bound ot be at the bottom soon enough again.

Could you guys elaborate on why Monk scale pretty badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Knj View Post
    One of the reasons is we don't have mechanics to multiply benefits from stats like other classes, and also our artifact traits are pretty bad and that also made most of our relics suck
    Lastly and probably the most important one, our coefficients are undertuned, I can't think of a better way to elaborate

The state of monk ST dps makes me think that devs want us to be really bad or they are incompetent and haven't learned how to adjust things in a 12 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knj View Post
    Take for example fire mages. They have a lot of things that proc off crits, this makes crit more valuable for doing damage and means that 1% more crit does more then just 1% more damage.
    Or Shadow priests where more haste leads to shorter cd's leads to longer voidform leads to more damage as well as faster dots ticks, which means more chance of Apparations which increases the value of crit and increases insanity gain which increases voidform duration which increases damage.

Monk doesn't have anything like that which increases the damage gained from a stat by more then just its default effect.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Add to the secondary stat issue the weapon damage one ( all our abilities scale off AP, not weapon damage ) and we get outscaled by other melee which benefit a lot more because they have abilities scaling from weapon damage and AP.

I also have the feeling we'll be better off when the patch comes out and may be quite decent in Nighthold progress, but we'll slide back down whenever people start overgearing the content due to our scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Take for example fire mages. They have a lot of things that proc off crits, this makes crit more valuable for doing damage and means that 1% more crit does more then just 1% more damage.
    Or Shadow priests where more haste leads to shorter cd's leads to longer voidform leads to more damage as well as faster dots ticks, which means more chance of Apparations which increases the value of crit and increases insanity gain which increases voidform duration which increases damage.

Monk doesn't have anything like that which increases the damage gained from a stat by more then just its default effect.
    Well you could say haste is the closest thing to that however the percentile gain per point of haste is just too low as well as serenity also devaluing haste. You are mostly correct though as the removal of TEB and CX left WW a mechanic void where we are too basic and secondary stat interaction barely exists. I hate to say it but Legion WW has been made simpler than arms.

Honestly I think WW would be more fun if they returned 5.2 TEB mastery (but give it a new name and flashy visual) and CX. When 6.0 mastery was announced it seemed good but it came at the cost of not being fun and leaving WW devoid of stat interaction and game play depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Xuen is probably the go to talent for arena now with the buff. Would definitely prefer it's added burst deeps to the slow ramping Hit Combo.

They should really also buff the Ox pet's damage for BrMs as well. BrMs right now are the 2nd lowest DPS tank in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spotify View Post
    The state of monk ST dps makes me think that devs want us to be really bad or they are incompetent and haven't learned how to adjust things in a 12 year old game.
    I think it's ironic that the reason they are hesitant to nerf SP's damage is because SP is the Priest's only DPS spec, and they are afraid that nerfing it too much would make their only DPS option unwanted where as WWs fall in the exact same category and they remain below average at best.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I would say Xuen is probably the go to talent for arena now with the buff. Would definitely prefer it's added burst deeps to the slow ramping Hit Combo.

They should really also buff the Ox pet's damage for BrMs as well. BrMs right now are the 2nd lowest DPS tank in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's ironic that the reason they are hesitant to nerf SP's damage is because SP is the Priest's only DPS spec, and they are afraid that nerfing it too much would make their only DPS option unwanted where as WWs fall in the exact same category and they remain below average at best.
    My alt (or my main now) is a spriest and i can assure you the nerf is pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    My alt (or my main now) is a spriest and i can assure you the nerf is pretty huge.
    Shadow is extremely strong in PTR, idk what are you talking about, the only complaint I've seen on their forums is the removal of mind sear.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Shadow is extremely strong in PTR, idk what are you talking about, the only complaint I've seen on their forums is the removal of mind sear.
    Spriest is no longer capable of dominating WCL with such changes. What you see is average players performing better than they did (or higher constant damage before s2m)

Deleted
    So are WW gonna be even stronger after 7.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Konsko View Post
    So are WW gonna be even stronger after 7.1.5?
    WW even stronger? LoL.
    Only place where ww are strong is in dungeons with lot of AoE packs, ST damage is poor.
    WW need a buff with st damage. If not a buff, maby a change.

We are getting buffs, that's not the issue. Thing is, the buffs make up for the Serenity nerf/fix, and we should see a gain in damage whenever the patch hits.. but since they didn't fix our scaling issue, we'll get outscaled again in a few months. It's a band-aid, not a real solution. That's the problem.

It'll probably go more like this: whatever buff we get is just an offset for whatever we lost and our scaling issue will be apparent when other classes start getting certain trinkets and tier set bonuses intended to offset legendary nerfs. So that's probably 4 to 6 weeks at most.

We will have an illusion of improvement that has nothing to do with secondary stat scaling at all but rather certain classes needing certain items to make up for their own nerfs. WW will stay at the bottom end where it has always been outside of 5.2 and the RoR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    ......... I prefer the hit combo playstyle as it keeps me focused, Xuen is basically a pop every 3 mins thing. I don't find that fun or engaging and I'm hoping it'll be on par with HC/RJW not better.
    I don't understand this. The Hit Combo playstyle is just play how we always do because of our Mastery. If you take Xuen you'll play pretty much the same way with the same level of concentration you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ParabolaNZ View Post
    Lol like WW needed more buffs ><
    You obviously don't know anything about the class or how is performing currently. The truth is, the buffs on PTR are barely enough to overcome the changes/nerfs, and I can't see how ww will be any good unless they finally fix SEF and buff other things a bit.