Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm a special snowflake blizzard, cater to me and the 3 other people just like me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    fairly sure mowing down mob problem fixes itself with no scaling, and once you're done with an area and done with the quests what use is it if it scales?
    Scaling in the old world wouldnt be to benefit those who have already completed it, it benefits those who can go to a zone at any level, since there are no WQ or regularly used materials in those zones. To be clear im neither a proponent or opponent of scaling being applied to old zones, if they do i would hope its based on its expansion's level range, but if they dont, oh well no huge loss either.

I fucking love it when people start using a bracket, but then decides not to close it off.

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    Scaling in the old world wouldnt be to benefit those who have already completed it, it benefits those who can go to a zone at any level, since there are no WQ or regularly used materials in those zones. To be clear im neither a proponent or opponent of scaling being applied to old zones, if they do i would hope its based on its expansion's level range, but if they dont, oh well no huge loss either.
    again if it's optional they can go where they want , and you've no problem with people overpowering mobs with gear so what's wrong with level, if they have scaling off it's not like they are getting any or much XP from being in a lower zone, but frankly I like having a good flow to the story and not just in to just burn it out and over with (and least the first run though), do you really think level 107's are going to make it a habit to stay in a zone rated for level 103 if the mobs give less XP, or maybe they are level 109 and just want to rush though the quest, say they leveled via BG's and hate questing altogether and just want to burn it out for gear or achievements, more power to them.

would not mind an answer to this question I asked a few post back too?
    For those that don't raid most of their feeling of power comes from leveling so it's ok to screw them over in your mind?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-12-30 at 12:12 AM.

For those that don't raid most of their feeling of power comes from leveling so it's ok to screw them over in your mind?
    I don't see how it screws them over, they can take multiple paths through levelling rather than 1-2 paths and the only decision being do i finish this zone of suboptimal xp or move to a new zone.

Right now there are 4 zones with dungeons and professions you can do it in about 2.

So without rested and no dungeons and professions you can do those 4 zones in any order
    With dungeons and professions you can do 2 zones maybe 3 depending on rested and race. Gathering increases xp income and gives more choice to route.

Or remove scaling and they must take the same path through the zones over and over again the only decision whether to leave early or not because the next zone has better xp.

It also allows you to group with people of different levels and quest together without carrying the lower level one and without hurting the xp of the higher level one. Then like it or not, it allows the reuse of those zones for max level content rather than letting them go stale and empty.

I don't see a drawback there aside from you can't just go through and destroy mobs at max level, xp is reduced when you are higher level for a zone and that goes away too with scaling. It adds choice to your path and allows you to avoid areas you don't like.
    Demo is fine... play better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Why should it be? The consequence of the zones as they were was that, unless you were charging through the content with no sleep, rested xp inevitably meant you'd outlevel the zones and they'd become less fun as you just 1-shot everything.

I say the exact opposite: Level scaling everywhere, not optional. Maybe up to a point, like 1-60 zones scale up to level 60 then stop, et cetera.
    The point is to have it disabled after you're done levelling. Especially since they're so keen on insisting with no flying, not even 1-2 months of launch.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I'm not sure level scaling is the sort of thing that can be optional, as much as I like to say "more choice is always better." Having it turned off would be a clear advantage over people who have it turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I don't see how it screws them over, they can take multiple paths through levelling rather than 1-2 paths and the only decision being do i finish this zone of suboptimal xp or move to a new zone.

Right now there are 4 zones with dungeons and professions you can do it in about 2.

So without rested and no dungeons and professions you can do those 4 zones in any order
    With dungeons and professions you can do 2 zones maybe 3 depending on rested and race. Gathering increases xp income and gives more choice to route.

Or remove scaling and they must take the same path through the zones over and over again the only decision whether to leave early or not because the next zone has better xp.

It also allows you to group with people of different levels and quest together without carrying the lower level one and without hurting the xp of the higher level one. Then like it or not, it allows the reuse of those zones for max level content rather than letting them go stale and empty.

I don't see a drawback there aside from you can't just go through and destroy mobs at max level, xp is reduced when you are higher level for a zone and that goes away too with scaling. It adds choice to your path and allows you to avoid areas you don't like.
    you're not getting it, by making the scaling the Dev don't have to worry about making more than one path, they just put some stuff out there and you do it, next time you can do it in a different order but it's the sammmmme crap, I want LK style where there were two totally different paths to go on, and even on those paths you could work your way around some and it has a nice flow to it. Plus if you don't like and area could just be the chance no-one does and you end up with the same funnel effect, and the story flow is still crap in the end.

*how can you not see how it screws them over, the game is about feeling more powerful any-which way you look at it and scaling takes that away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    I'm not sure level scaling is the sort of thing that can be optional, as much as I like to say "more choice is always better." Having it turned off would be a clear advantage over people who have it turned on.
    what advantage? the higher levels with it off in a lower zone get less XP, and as it is now nothing is stopping a raid gear person from coming in and farming mat more easily?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    Yup. Make every zone scale. Its wonderful in Guild Wars.
    scaling is the worst shit that ever was done in wow - i hope it dies with legion and the retarded d3 "dev" whos ruining wow

what advantage? the higher levels with it off in a lower zone get less XP, and as it is now nothing is stopping a raid gear person from coming in and farming mat more easily?
    Yeah, really? What advantage is there for someone who's farming herbs and running through level 110 mobs getting attacked and dazed vs. someone running through 101 mobs and being ignored by them? Or someone who's doing world quests - would you rather face nothing but 102 mobs or 110 mobs?

Is there any reason why a high level player would ever want level scaling on if there's a choice between on/off? If you're at level cap then getting less exp doesn't matter at all.

*how can you not see how it screws them over, the game is about feeling more powerful any-which way you look at it and scaling takes that away.
    You are right i am a raider, leveling is a means to an end, if it was the end i would have quit long ago...

I like the 20+ paths you can take to max level, this is the best leveling that i have played through. I like being able to skip a zone or two i don't like without it messing with my time to max level.

If there are people who want to go through the same path every time then go back to the starter zone and kill lowbie mobs good for them, maybe next xpac they will get it back... But for me, i like this one. But once i have all my toons to max it really doesn't matter, but i just hope we don't go back to the mop/wod dailies.

Clearly we are not going to agree, so may as well stop here. Especially since you haven't even played it. Good luck.
    Demo is fine... play better.

Yeah, really? What advantage is there for someone who's farming herbs and running through level 110 mobs getting attacked and dazed vs. someone running through 101 mobs and being ignored by them? Or someone who's doing world quests - would you rather face nothing but 102 mobs or 110 mobs?

Is there any reason why a high level player would ever want level scaling on if there's a choice between on/off? If you're at level cap then getting less exp doesn't matter at all.
    so you're for gear scaling in the zone too?

*and 101 mobs don't still take swings at 110 as they walk\ride by.

so you're for gear scaling in the zone too?

*and 101 mobs don't still take swings at 110 as they walk\ride by.
    1: No, I'm not. Don't put words in my mouth like that please.

2: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here; a 101 mob has a much lower aggro range to a 110 player than a 110 mob does. You'd have to get right in the mob's face for it to attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    You are right i am a raider, leveling is a means to an end, if it was the end i would have quit long ago...

I like the 20+ paths you can take to max level, this is the best leveling that i have played through. I like being able to skip a zone or two i don't like without it messing with my time to max level.

If there are people who want to go through the same path every time then go back to the starter zone and kill lowbie mobs good for them, maybe next xpac they will get it back... But for me, i like this one. But once i have all my toons to max it really doesn't matter, but i just hope we don't go back to the mop/wod dailies.

Clearly we are not going to agree, so may as well stop here. Especially since you haven't even played it. Good luck.
    now that I can agree with, I've been though this argument way too many times and nothing is going to convince me forced scaling is nothing more than a way for the Designers to save time and money or just flat out be lazy.

again if it's optional they can go where they want , and you've no problem with people overpowering mobs with gear so what's wrong with level, if they have scaling off it's not like they are getting any or much XP from being in a lower zone, but frankly I like having a good flow to the story and not just in to just burn it out and over with (and least the first run though), do you really think level 107's are going to make it a habit to stay in a zone rated for level 103 if the mobs give less XP, or maybe they are level 109 and just want to rush though the quest, say they leveled via BG's and hate questing altogether and just want to burn it out for gear or achievements, more power to them.

would not mind an answer to this question I asked a few post back too?
    I have already said, the scale for gear is at a much slower rate and pushes the problem back to where there arent as many people leveling characters, and again, ive said its a problem i dont think can be totally fixed, so minimizing it is best case scenario. Legion is great for scaling because each zone is segmented off and keeps to themselves, maybe it will break the flow in the future, if so I'm sure they will change it. As for you saying you dont like to burn thru the first time, others do prefer to and then level at a slower pace later- so we should screw those people so you can be happy? as far as people staying in a lower area, you kinda contradict yourself, if you are 107 why would you stay in a 103 area if the xp is sh*t? certainly not for the story, your goal is 2-fold 1. level 2. see the story, the current model facilitates that as you dont have to leave a zone you outlevel. if they leveled via BGs and just want gear-well they can target quests that give the best statted gear for them, or choose a route that is quickest (less running from quest to quest)

Ok, so lets break down where people get their feeling of power

1. raiders-getting gear/downing raid bosses
    2. pvpers- getting gear (less so now)/winning in various pvp matches
    3. pet battlers- getting better pets, rare, better breeds
    4. altoholics- leveling, may not do much at end game

so, how does scaling affect them (pertaining to the feeling of power)
    1. raiders-not really, can optimize later zones for best gear before dungeons/raids
    2. pvpers-again, not really same as raiders just from pvp content
    3. pet battlers- able to get pets from any zone they want at any level
    4. altoholics-this i addressed was a problem in legion, the only class that had any feeling of power progression was dh, i have said the artifacts failed to provide that feeling during leveling and the WoD perks would have been much better.

so, i dont know how most of the power comes from leveling hasnt been addressed- its non existant for a lot of players and the one player that is affected by legion isnt really affected by scaling and more so no level rewards which have been present in every other expac.

1: No, I'm not. Don't put words in my mouth like that please.

2: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here; a 101 mob has a much lower aggro range to a 110 player than a 110 mob does. You'd have to get right in the mob's face for it to attack you.
    1 so it's not ok for a level 109 to come into a 101 zone to farm mats but it's ok for a 110 raid geared person to do it. (that sounds exactly like what your trying to say)

2 really a (slightly) smaller aggro range is such a big advantage they have to make the scaling forced????

- - - Updated - - -

I have already said, the scale for gear is at a much slower rate and pushes the problem back to where there arent as many people leveling characters, and again, ive said its a problem i dont think can be totally fixed, so minimizing it is best case scenario. Legion is great for scaling because each zone is segmented off and keeps to themselves, maybe it will break the flow in the future, if so I'm sure they will change it. As for you saying you dont like to burn thru the first time, others do prefer to and then level at a slower pace later- so we should screw those people so you can be happy? as far as people staying in a lower area, you kinda contradict yourself, if you are 107 why would you stay in a 103 area if the xp is sh*t? certainly not for the story, your goal is 2-fold 1. level 2. see the story, the current model facilitates that as you dont have to leave a zone you outlevel. if they leveled via BGs and just want gear-well they can target quests that give the best statted gear for them, or choose a route that is quickest (less running from quest to quest)

Ok, so lets break down where people get their feeling of power

1. raiders-getting gear/downing raid bosses
    2. pvpers- getting gear (less so now)/winning in various pvp matches
    3. pet battlers- getting better pets, rare, better breeds
    4. altoholics- leveling, may not do much at end game

so, how does scaling affect them (pertaining to the feeling of power)
    1. raiders-not really, can optimize later zones for best gear before dungeons/raids
    2. pvpers-again, not really same as raiders just from pvp content
    3. pet battlers- able to get pets from any zone they want at any level
    4. altoholics-this i addressed was a problem in legion, the only class that had any feeling of power progression was dh, i have said the artifacts failed to provide that feeling during leveling and the WoD perks would have been much better.

so, i dont know how most of the power comes from leveling hasnt been addressed- its non existant for a lot of players and the one player that is affected by legion isnt really affected by scaling and more so no level rewards which have been present in every other expac.
    ? the closest thing I see to answering my question is
    and mostly it seems you're saying there was no feeling of progressing for them and?

your solution with forced scaling is the wod perk - more spells we get taken away next exp.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-12-30 at 01:31 AM. Reason: edit for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I'd like to see Timewalking Raids like we saw with Wows 10 year anniversary. I'd be good with a rotating weekly quest to complete a Time-walking raid once a month.
    i'd love this to never happen, ever, i'd rather wow died, honestly LFR TW molten core was the most boring uninteresting thing i've ever done in wow, BY FAR.

1 so it's not ok for a level 109 to come into a 101 zone to farm mats but it's ok for a 110 raid geared person to do it. (that sounds exactly like what your trying to say)

2 really a (slightly) smaller aggro range is such a big advantage they have to make the scaling forced????

- - - Updated - - -

? the closest thing I see to answering my question is
    and mostly it seems you're saying there was no feeling of progressing for them and? if it was a problem what's your solution if with forced
    scaling?
    So i am guessing you are willfully ignoring what i said, and the point of my answer, it was meant to be an exhaustive answer to any possible player type that is reasonably represented in WoW. My solution is clearly to provide some alteration to existing spells or new spells/talents as you level-hence my refrence to the WoD perks.

So i am guessing you are willfully ignoring what i said, and the point of my answer, it was meant to be an exhaustive answer to any possible player type that is reasonably represented in WoW. My solution is clearly to provide some alteration to existing spells or new spells/talents as you level-hence my refrence to the WoD perks.
    I edited it, you're idea is more spells that they have to prune the next exp.

*ya does not sound like a mess upon a mess for a problem that would not exist if not for scaling.

I don't think I've mentioned raiders or gear at all in this thread, could you possibly point to where I did? What I'm "trying to say" is that if scaling was optional, there's zero reason to ever have it turned on, with the possible exception of "having it turned on is more immersive."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your problem is with scaling existing and not with whether or not it should be optional. If that's the case, you're better off expressing that opinion on the battlenet forums where Blizzard can read your feedback.