Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    No this would be terribly overpopulated, I do think they should remove the multi phase tech (with random other servers).. and maybe merge more servers together.. but do drop the random everything.. and rtemove lfg groups from outside your server too (but rather make it horde& alliance for dungeons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is no social aspect, there never was.
    When offered to chance to avoid contact people do so.
    Impressive (incorrect) generalisations there, friend.

That being said, I no longer see any negatives of mega-servers in WoW. Back in the day when there actually was a social aspect, I'd have campaigned against it until the cows came home.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Impressive (incorrect) generalisations there, friend.

That being said, I no longer see any negatives of mega-servers in WoW. Back in the day when there actually was a social aspect, I'd have campaigned against it until the cows came home.
    You are right that players don't always choose to be jerks.
    Some do, some don't.

It has always been a player choice.
    The higher likelihood of consequences simply made unpleasant behaviour less attractive.
    A player who does the right thing because they have to rather than because they want to was not social, but simply bowing to peer pressure.
    Behaving one way because you dislike the consequences is having an agenda behind it, and therefore with your own interests at heart only.

Being social is positive interaction without the expectation of a gain for you.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-12-30 at 01:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The "new" world does not have cross realm. I'm on a PvP server but I have NO intrest in being ganked 24/7. I have no intrest in PvP at all.
    If that Blizzard made the current zones cross realm I'd be forced to switch servers but I could not longer be in a guild with my friends and the game would lose all meaning.

Blizzard could creat the best expantion with the best content ever but I'd still quit the second that feature was turned on.

Thats why.
    Sorry, do you mean Legion zones when you say "new" zones? Because they are CRZ.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Do you guys think it would be healthy for the social aspect of the game if all the similar servers merged together and there were only 4 servers.

PVP
    PVE
    RPPvP
    RPPvE

I guess it might be a bit of an over kill but it would be interesting to see how things would be if there were mega servers.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I loathe all things near the idea of Megaservers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    No, too many players in one space just creates a bad experience. Trade chat on high pop servers is already insanely difficult to read from the sheer volume of macros being spammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Would really appreciate another round of merged servers. Being on a "dead" server means recruitment is hard. No one will want to transfer there, among other issues trying to recruit.

It wouldn't help the social aspect of the game. Nobody has a reason to be social. Just because more people are there doesn't give them a reason to talk to you.

It's easier than ever before to ignore people. You jump in a random group with people on any server looking for the same quest/dungeon as you, and you can both complete it without any communication.

Trying to talk in dungeons usually doesn't help, people are quick to get irritated or leave at the slightest inconvenience. That wouldn't change. The game was social before because you had to be social to find people to do things with. Being social was tied to progression. Some people like it better the new way, and I agree, it's more convenient. It's not more fun, though.

It's one of the reasons I liked Final Fantasy XI back in 2004-2006 so much. You HAD to group up to do ANYTHING. Finding a group required someone asking, nothing was auto.

I wouldn't mind it but what about characters with the same name? It wont be like connected realms were characters Example-realm1, Example-realm2, Example-realm3 could be together. They would have to add the b-tag system to WoWs character names for this to be effective.

They wont make a mega server though. WoW is a old game and it already gets pushed to the limit. Though it is getting better. Legion launch showed that WoW could have the mega server but if the mega server were to come, then everyone would be phased. Just my thoughts.

Nah, there's no saving the social aspect of WoW, it's dead and buried. The process started with LFG, then LFR, and finally CRZ was the cherry on top. CRZ completely killed server identity, i remember back when you actually knew the players from your server, and there were individuals who made themselves known in the server through PvP or PvE achievements, or even just by interacting with others. That's all dead now...

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Sorry, do you mean Legion zones when you say "new" zones? Because they are CRZ.
    No, only some places and not always, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Now add that some realms are in Asia, Oceanic, Europe and America. (and likely can not be even connected)

Next up: Are you gonna enforce all merged European realms to communicate in english? Worse, what language will you enforce in Asia? Or is a server akin to Babel acceptable? Already in my CRZ groups, there are groups listed in Cyrillic or French, hell I have no idea what quest half of the Germans want to play.
    You used to be so much nicer when you were a level 60 warlock posting on the forums at wow incgamers

It would be very very bad for players trying to kill rares like TLPD.