Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I asked about the Death Grip trigger in 7.1.5, just something I heard from people testing it. Would be awesome if someone who has tested it replied and confirmed or denied the claim.
    Everything else you wrote on the list is true.
    https: //www warcraftlogs com/ reports/wZaq3AH4j KNG1fdX#fight=1&type=auras&source=1 9&ability=208052
    This is my Guarm mythic kill from last week, you can see that using pet stun will trigger Sephuz even when on the boss (pre 7.1.5 for future reference).

So, according to those sims posted on the previous page, unholy will still be weaker than frost come 7.1.5? Looks like I wasted getting apoc to 35, should've funneled everything into frost instead.

Trinket comparison for Frost including NH trinkets. Based on T19M_NH profile. All trinkets @895. Dominion tweaked to 865.
    THX Mishy#3475 for support!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    So, according to those sims posted on the previous page, unholy will still be weaker than frost come 7.1.5? Looks like I wasted getting apoc to 35, should've funneled everything into frost instead.
    Unholy will be a bit better than what you see now, as currently the 6% aura is missing in simc.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by xx420darkscopezxx View Post
    I asked about the Death Grip trigger in 7.1.5, just something I heard from people testing it. Would be awesome if someone who has tested it replied and confirmed or denied the claim.
    Everything else you wrote on the list is true.
    https: //www warcraftlogs com/ reports/wZaq3AH4j KNG1fdX#fight=1&type=auras&source=1 9&ability=208052
    This is my Guarm mythic kill from last week, you can see that using pet stun will trigger Sephuz even when on the boss (pre 7.1.5 for future reference).
    I just went on the PTR to do some light testing of this. While I can't Death Grip the boss dummies (keeps telling me they are tapped, even when I hit them), I can death grip the Normal Tank Dummy and the Dungeoneer's Tanking Dummy in Acherus. Death gripping the first did not give me the buff. Death gripping the second did give me the ring's buff. However, the second was apparently able to be stunned by the Ghoul's stun whereas the normal one could not. I also went outside of Stormwind and DG'd a wolf and got the buff.

It looks like a successful DG will give you the ring's buff, but an immune one will not. At least, from this testing here. That's fine if the case though. Almost every single fight has death grip-able adds in Nighthold (at least, I'm pretty sure that's the case).

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    So, according to those sims posted on the previous page, unholy will still be weaker than frost
    No. Sims cannot be used to compare performance across specs.

Deleted
    Thank you for the information gixxpunk, u provide great help.

Really glad to see that with the upcoming patch Prydaz wont be utter trash anymore.

Unholy trinket comparison. Based on T19M_NH profile. All trinkets @895. Dominion tweaked to 865.

Sure. Just provide me with stuff like this:

wowhead.com/item=142508/chains-of-the-valorous&bonus=603:1512:3468

You can combine them in wowhead:
    Item Versions -> Select versions -> Updates -> Stats

Please ensure that you provide links to ilv 895 trinkets only!
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-12-29 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quick question. What's the overall ilvl of the gear in the legendary sims. Because I don't get how Prydaz can be THAT big just because of the secondary stats, unless the general ilvl is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Sure. Just provide me with stuff like this:

wowhead.com/item=142508/chains-of-the-valorous&bonus=603:1512:3468

You can combine them in wowhead:
    Item Versions -> Select versions -> Updates -> Stats

Please ensure that you provide links to ilv 895 trinkets only!
    wowhead . com/ item=142508/chains-of-the-valorous&bonus=603:1512:3468
    Can you add this one please, got an 890 version of it, but want to see how good it compares to the others in this list

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Quick question. What's the overall ilvl of the gear in the legendary sims. Because I don't get how Prydaz can be THAT big just because of the secondary stats, unless the general ilvl is very low.
    That looks about right to me. The 910 Prydaz is replacing a 900 Radiant String and has about 808 secondaries over it naturally, plus a socket.

Unholy trinket comparison. Based on T19M_NH profile. All trinkets @895. Dominion tweaked to 865.
    Isn't Arcanocrystal supposed to be bad come 7.1.5 because of the secondary stats change?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryTP View Post
    Isn't Arcanocrystal supposed to be bad come 7.1.5 because of the secondary stats change?
    Arcanocrystal received a scaling bonus in the same way as jewellery did in 7.1.5. If anything, it's stronger than it was.

Oh. Awesome to hear

pointless simming trinkets when half of the nh ones don't even function correctly in simc. esp apparent because draught is simming so low when in actuality it's hilariously broken for Unholy as well as a few other specs.

p sure the default profile is still using castigator too. not sure though, haven't checked in a few days.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2016-12-30 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    pointless simming trinkets when half of the nh ones don't even function correctly in simc. esp apparent because draught is simming so low when in actuality it's hilariously broken for Unholy as well as a few other specs.
    It's written right on that sim that Draught it broken.

Also something to keep in mind that those sims are done with the AWS talent, which values crit a lot more than usual with CS builds. Seeing as most people will almost always use BS since there's no pure ST fights beyond Guarm, and with bracers you never don't take BS, the results looks different with BS instead of AWS.

So after implementing a new default APL for BoS (THX Melekus#2334 and Mishy#3475 from Discord) we got a new ST/Cleave king for Frost. Scythe seems completely dead now (beside spamming lower m+), as OB+GS does extremely good AOE without loosing too much at ST compared to Scythe. I still have my doubts that ingame BoS will be as strong as we now see it on paper, because it's very hard to execute and it will punish errors in the rotation pretty hard.

ST:

Cleave:

3-Targets:

4-Targets:

6-Targets:
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-12-30 at 01:50 PM.

2230033 def looks strong across the board. Very interesting.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

10+ Year Old Account
    So after implementing a new default APL for BoS (THX Melekus#2334 and Mishy#3475 from Discord) we got a new ST/Cleave king for Frost. Scythe seems completely dead now (beside spamming lower m+), as OB+GS does extremely good AOE without loosing too much at ST compared to Scythe. I still have my doubts that ingame BoS will be as strong as we now see it on paper, because it's very hard to execute and it will punish errors in the rotation pretty hard.
    BoS is very clearly one of those abilities that is vulnerable in fights that will randomly force you out of melee range like Nythendra. It has a very high upside if everything goes your way, and will probably be dominating the rankings, but it will have a very large range between the lows and the highs. Most players will probably be more comfortable staying in the IT/FP spec. GS looks interesting, but I feel it fights a bit with FP since GS is strongest if you pool resources.

GS could potentially be very potent with either the Seal or the Belt. (Or both)
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight