Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I edited it, you're idea is more spells that they have to prune the next exp.

*ya does not sound like a mess upon a mess for a problem that would not exist if not for scaling.
    ok, well someone who can find negative in everything i guess im done

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    I don't think I've mentioned raiders or gear at all in this thread, could you possibly point to where I did? What I'm "trying to say" is that if scaling was optional, there's zero reason to ever have it turned on, with the possible exception of "having it turned on is more immersive."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your problem is with scaling existing and not with whether or not it should be optional. If that's the case, you're better off expressing that opinion on the battlenet forums where Blizzard can read your feedback.
    you seem to be against more powerful people coming in and farming stuff so it would come to reason better geared people should fall into that line also?

If blizzard had better Dev's and not the morons they have now I'd still be sub'd and could post there, but seeing as this is a thread about it here and I can post here I'm stating it here.

and you think if there was Zero reason to turn it on maybe that should be a bit of a clue it's a crappy idea????

I agree on principle but there is no real reason for there to be. If the system works properly, it is superior to its predecessor. If it doesn't, you should just want to see it improve instead of turning it off.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    ok, well someone who can find negative in everything i guess im done
    when it's a negative thing ya (I can't see a positive dam thing about having it forced), I have no issues with optional but, the closest thing I've seen against having it optional that's even close to an excuse it's unfair you'd farm mats easier which is just bs.....

you seem to be against more powerful people coming in and farming stuff so it would come to reason better geared people should fall into that line also?

If blizzard had better Dev's and not the morons they have now I'd still be sub'd and could post there, but seeing as this is a thread about it here and I can post here I'm stating it here.

and you think if there was Zero reason to turn it on maybe that should be a bit of a clue it's a crappy idea????
    Yeeeah, I think I'm done here. I haven't even said anything that would suggest me being against more powerful people farming stuff. I said that I'm against one group of people having an optional advantage over another. That's what this thread is about - optional level scaling.

You're just looking at my posts and seeing what you want to see. Respond to the points the other person is making, not to points you think/assume they're making.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Yeeeah, I think I'm done here. I haven't even said anything that would suggest me being against more powerful people farming stuff. I said that I'm against one group of people having an optional advantage over another. That's what this thread is about - optional level scaling.

You're just looking at my posts and seeing what you want to see. Respond to the points the other person is making, not to points you think/assume they're making.
    ya you're done, but you're still not making any sense (one group having "optional" really advantage over another?? I think raid people could take off their gear if you want to get that stupid if you call that optional???) but still it's no different over gearing a zone or over leveling a zone and you can't seem to grasp that, either your ok with scaling it's all or nothing or just your just being a hypocrite and that's that I'm seeing. what other advantage would they have? farming mobs that give them less xp so they level slower a two foot less aggro zone?? wowowoweeeee... to be fair you've not giving me much else to base this optional advantage they would have on so it's a lot of guess work on my part.

For those that don't raid most of their feeling of power comes from leveling so it's ok to screw them over in your mind? the leveling and gear have always been what you strive for, and taken either of them out is a bad idea.
    lol no, the "feeling of power" come from artifact power. this is the main source of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol no, the "feeling of power" come from artifact power. this is the main source of progression.
    and that seems like it's really working out well? it is so powerful that it makes up for the same mob being just as tough to fight for 9 levels, and still do the same damage to you?

*I though blizzard said they were not really sure the artifact worked out that well as they though it would and it probably wasn't sticking around the next expansion?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-12-30 at 02:35 AM. Reason: not added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I though blizzard said they were not really sure the artifact worked out that well as they though it would and it probably wasn't sticking around the next expansion?
    Blizzard made it clear from the outset that our artifact weapons would only be around for this expansion.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Blizzard made it clear from the outset that our artifact weapons would only be around for this expansion.
    kinda though that also, so really does not make a replacement for gaining power though leveling. (but for switching spec's and such seems like it was not a really great idea IMO in the first place)

Works fine in SWTOR and Guild Wars 2, people are just scared of change is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    Played it and hated it (few others in this thread also said they hated it in GW2), and those are doing as good as even wow is doing currently now(even seeing as both are F2P *or at least no sub's)?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    they'd become less fun as you just 1-shot everything.
    Don't tell me what I find fun
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Most mobs are oneshotted anyway at current gear, i don't even see the problem on scaling to a certain level, taking in account we are currently around 890+ and we will be around 1k before the xpac ends, so mobs will be an AoE fest regardless of the level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of it being expansion specific scaling. I find it interesting that enemies stay threatening even at 110, it makes gear feel more important.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I also miss the variety of having zones by level.
    Uh... that's the opposite of variety.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Uh... that's the opposite of variety.
    seems to be it's not entirely, without scaling you find the mobs to easy you move on to the next zone, to hard you drop back a zone, but with scaling it's does not matter you're pretty much stuck with no choice *(granted you can pick a different graphic spitting acid at you, but it's prob *if the scaling is working right, it's going to be the same experience), at least without scaling you have some variety in difficulty you can choose.

I love the scaling zones. It keeps the zones relevant. In past expansions you only went to places that had level capped mobs, then the rest of the area is ignored.

Then again I guess it depends on your opinion of world quests. I love world quests, and I like that they are all over the continent. Almost every part of the zone is used at max level because of it.

I think it should stay as is, of if they expand it to older content I agree to having it scaled to that expansion's cap.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yes please forced leveling scaling is my number 1 issue with WoW currently. I despise it with a passion, and if they continue to use it, i see no point in adding character levels, which means there is no point in bonuses, or side quest imo. Just gives us the lore quest and be done with it. I'm sure that sounds great to some buy i hate it

I dont have to have to go back to westfall and deal with all the mobs now being 110 or 120... doesn't make sense.
    Any less sense then that on one side of a river the mobs are under level 10 and on the other side it's 20 or higher, as in Elwynn and Darkshire?
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    Remind me again how many active players those games have?