Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    and we were just saying how 2016 could get any worse... sigh
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Yeah 2016 is definitely the worst year in quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Excellently put, her family must be horrified. That's the real tragedy here. The only person who I have cried about or made a fuss about was Robin Williams. He, to many people across generations was the embodiment of happiness.
    Steve Irwin for me since I grew up as a kid watching his shows on TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    THAT is someone who would screw with me on a personal level. I played Brad in Rocky Horror in college, I watched so much of that man.. starting in my childhood watching home alone 2. I had no idea who he was until I was much older though.
    Okay...now imagine that there is a group of people out there who feel the same way about a number of the celebrities who died this year. Now do you see why some of us are finding 2016 to be a shitty year? Obviously it's not literally the worst year out there. But it sucks, and we hate this, and that's why we are saying these things. We are coping.

Now can you please stop ruining this thread with petty crap?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Okay...now imagine that there is a group of people out there who feel the same way about a number of the celebrities who died this year. Now do you see why some of us are finding 2016 to be a shitty year? Obviously it's not literally the worst year out there. But it sucks, and we hate this, and that's why we are saying these things. We are coping.

Now can you please stop ruining this thread with petty crap?
    You're a moderator, you should be above throwing tantrums on public forums. I'm not being petty, I'm being reasonable. To this day the only celebrity whose death has ever made me flinch was Robin Williams, and for good reason. He was the mortal embodiment of laughter, he proved to many that life can be good, and even he couldn't stand up to his depression. His death was the most traumatic celebrity death in history, bar-none. It was as though happiness itself committed suicide.

Being severely depressed at the time, this really got to me for a week or two. Then I was back to my normal, slightly less than happy self. I didn't go on social media and make long drawn out posts about celebrities I'd barely heard of while tabbing to their wikipedia page to see what they had been in while alive so I could pretend it mattered to the formation of my identity.

This behavior is abhorrent, do you realize that this year D.A Henderson died? Do you even know who that is? Of course not, because no one on your facebook feed told you who it was, and why it should matter to the world.

This isn't 'coping', it's whining. People aren't making themselves feel better, they are jumping on an internet bandwagon. They are turning deaths, which are supposed to be sad and sacred events, into a freaking meme "lol 2016 really sucks amirite?". I saw someone post something earlier that really speaks to the heart of the situation, I don't remember where I saw it so I can't credit them, but here it is: "I sure can't wait for 2017 when everyone is immortal".

If anyone is being petty, it sure isn't me.

EDIT: Clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Steve Irwin for me since I grew up as a kid watching his shows on TV.
    He was great. Steve Irwin was another person who lived in a manner that meant a lot to a lot of people, he did more than just make a great tv show or movie. Many of the celebs who died this year haven't done anything beyond get rich from acting/singing. Barring George Michael because my god that man did a lot for people.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2016-12-30 at 01:48 AM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    hilarious !!!!!!

infracted - trolling
    If you are that easily entertained I dare not take a guess at your mental capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is being petty, it sure isn't me.
    Ugh.

Look, here's the problem, and why people get annoyed when other people come in to be argumentative or question their reason for being upset/sad. Just because Robin Williams' death hit you personally but Debbie Reynolds' did not, does not mean that Debbie Reynolds' death wasn't equally as important to someone else as the death of Robin Williams was to you.

Celebrities are just people, and it may be wrong to glorify their deaths over the countless others that happen every single day, but you know what? At the end of the day we are only human and we make heroes out of people and idolize them. I don't care if you think it's dumb or abhorrent. Debbie Reynolds brought me Singin' in the Rain. Carrie Fisher gave me a role model as a child. Alan Rickman introduced me to the world of Harry Potter (I hadn't read the books). I bonded with my father over David Bowie's music, even using it to help me learn English. I gave George Michael my heart and the very next day, he gave it away. And so on and so forth.

It's not your job to come into a thread and tell people that they are pretending these people were important to them. Even if there are people that do that, as no doubt there surely are, why not be the bigger person and ignore it?

Now let's just let this thread get back on track please.

Deleted
    My thoughts, said by someone doesn't suck at speaking.

https://youtu.be/iXfeW-LZUw0?t=803
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-12-30 at 03:24 AM.

seems kind of fishy, id look into the son

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Touching, really.

The mother lost her will to live, but now they're together again.
    IN the ground sadly as God nor Heaven are actually real =/

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, society never supports comedy about tragedy right after the tragedy occurs. There are no examples of people getting rich off of that kind of humor:
    Soda came out of my nose

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Shit... well we have our trio, George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. RIP.
    That is a really long winded way of saying you can only count to three lol.

"I sure can't wait for 2017 when everyone is immortal"
    Yes. We are at a point where a rise of popularity in entertainers is coinciding with the age at which people die. Wishing for 2016 to end so the deaths will stop? Personally I think the chances are 2017 will be worse.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.