Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Would he have to pay child support if he divorced?
    In the United States, yes. A man also has to pay child support if he is raped and the woman that raped him gets pregnant. IE a guy actually has to pay his rapist even if she is convicted.

I think I'd probably divorce her if she didn't want to get an abortion. I get her situation, I really do, but I wouldn't put any time or other resources towards raising a kid like that. I know I'd resent the child and he didn't do anything to deserve the resentment. Shitty situation all around, so let's not make it shittier by having a father who hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    In the United States, yes. A man also has to pay child support if he is raped and the woman that raped him gets pregnant. IE a guy actually has to pay his rapist even if she is convicted.
    Only if he doesn't seek an attorney as soon as possible and legally renounce his paternity.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

He can try to push for an abortion, but it's ultimately her choice.

But honestly, it he really loved her and accepted her in decision to hypothetically keep the child, he would take a stand to act as the child's father.

This whole thing about him being a cuck is absolutely ridiculous and anyone who honestly thinks that in this situation has the thought process of a fucking chimpanzee.

Regardless if you're the biological father, raise a child like your own and they will become your own. Take it from someone who was actually raised by another man (my biological father left before I was born), I couldn't stand to not think of him as my father, I realize he's not related to me, but he's been there for me and went beyond what most fathers would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    And that's the only choice there is for you. Leave or stay. Hers is have a child or not. That's it.

There are also alot of men that value their women and listen to them as well.

But you will leave, and other men will stay.

Does that mean you don't value her and listen to her?

Nope. It just means you want something different then she does.
    What are you talking about? She didn't want to be raped. If she did, it wouldn't be rape.

Yes, other men that are far more charitable and selfless would stay.

Asking me to stick around and emotionally invest my time, money, and energy into a rape baby for potentially the rest of my life feels far more selfish than me leaving. We can play the "Who is more selfish game" all night, but it all comes down to opinion.

Yeah I wouldn't stick around for that.

No sane person would keep a rapists baby. That's absolutely crazy. And if I were the husband I wouldn't want to father a rapists baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    What are you talking about? She didn't want to be raped. If she did, it wouldn't be rape.

Yes, other men that are far more charitable and selfless would stay.

Asking me to stick around and emotionally invest my time, money, and energy into a rape baby for potentially the rest of my life feels far more selfish than me leaving. We can play the "Who is more selfish game" all night, but it all comes down to opinion.
    Yes, it does come down to leave or stay for you and keep the child or not for her. And her keeping the child is no more selfish then you leaving. It's just you wanting something different in life then she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Not really. The term cuckold comes from the cuckold bird, who pushes other specie of birds' egg out the nest and replaces with its own. The other bird species then raises the cuckold birds offspring without knowing it.

The term also refers to men who willingly have their wife get screwed by other men, cheating or not.
    That doesn't even make sense, the very definition of rape implies non-consensual sexual activities forced on another person.

He has no legal responsibility to the child, he can request she has an abortion but that's about it. He doesn't have to lift a finger to help that baby in any way shape or form. It's her right to keep the baby, it's his right to refuse to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion?
    He's quite free to want anything.

Sounds like a terrible situation, if he really doesn't want to stay in it he can leave, though I can't imagine how shitty it'd make you feel to leave your wife after she's been raped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    He has no legal responsibility to the child, he can request she has an abortion but that's about it. He doesn't have to lift a finger to help that baby in any way shape or form. It's her right to keep the baby, it's his right to refuse to support it.
    Biological paternity is different from legal paternity.

The law, by default, only cares about the latter, which is why it's difficult for a lot of people to wrap their heads around why men have to pay for an offspring that isn't(biologically) theirs.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    No sane person would keep a rapists baby.
    It has 50% of the rapist's genes. It's not "the rapist's baby" in any sense.

They're just genes you know. I think people are ridiculously sentimental about such things.

If anyone has a reason to want to terminate it's the mother, she has to have it in her body reminding her of what was done to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    He can try to push for an abortion, but it's ultimately her choice.

But honestly, it he really loved her and accepted her in decision to hypothetically keep the child, he would take a stand to act as the child's father.

This whole thing about him being a cuck is absolutely ridiculous and anyone who honestly thinks that in this situation has the thought process of a fucking chimpanzee.

Regardless if you're the biological father, raise a child like your own and they will become your own. Take it from someone who was actually raised by another man (my biological father left before I was born), I couldn't stand to not think of him as my father, I realize he's not related to me, but he's been there for me and went beyond what most fathers would do.
    I really just can't agree with that. I mean, if some men want to, that's great.

Where do you draw the line? If you really loved your wife, how far could she go before you would say "Enough is enough"? Can she cheat on you, repeatedly? Can she throw vases at you and call you horrible names? Can she steal all your money, repeatedly, and spend it on pointless things?

Your biological child is different though. You DO love them unconditionally. You will always forgive them for stealing all your money and throwing your shit.

I do not feel it's fair to ask a man to stick around to support a fetus and baby that is not his simply out of "love". That's a potentially life long commitment of time, money, and energy. You'd be working ten extra hours per week to support a baby that isn't yours, for example. I value my life, too.

Deleted
    i wonder how you would anwser, if the rapist baby ist the second child. will you still destroy the family, if there is a first child involved?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Biological paternity is different from legal paternity.

The law, by default, only cares about the latter, which is why it's difficult for a lot of people to wrap their heads around why men have to pay for an offspring that isn't(biologically) theirs.
    I imagine his legal obligations depend on state law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Your biological child is different though. You DO love them unconditionally. You will always forgive them for stealing all your money and throwing your shit.
    Umm no? This is just an emotional argument that has no basis in reality.

You can love someone unconditionally(and vice versa for that matter) regardless of blood ties. If your statement was even remotely true, there wouldn't be this many cases of child abuse and neglect in the world. It's very common to hear someone's biological parents say they absolutely don't care, or worse, detest their offspring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I imagine his legal obligations depend on state law.
    There are differences to go about it in each state, but the process is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tofusteak View Post
    i wonder how you would anwser, if the rapist baby ist the second child. will you still destroy the family, if there is a first child involved?
    How would it inherently destroy the family? Please elaborate.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofusteak View Post
    This isn't really a compelling argument since you can easily argue that you're lowering the quality of the first kid's life by bringing in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    This isn't really a compelling argument since you can easily argue that you're lowering the quality of the first kid's life by bringing in the second.
    If you read properly, you just supported his argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Yes, it does come down to leave or stay for you and keep the child or not for her. And her keeping the child is no more selfish then you leaving. It's just you wanting something different in life then she does.
    I 100% agree with you on this, but it deviates from the initial discussion.

I feel it's okay for the man to insist his significant other get an abortion. "Insisting" as in, providing logical arguments as to why she should get an abortion. If it's something he doesn't want out of the relationship, he should be able to strongly voice his opinion. It can sway the woman's mind, especially if she was on the fence about it.

If you're saying it's equally selfish for the woman to keep a rape-baby the man doesn't want to support, as it is for the man to leave, than we've come to an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It has 50% of the rapist's genes. It's not "the rapist's baby" in any sense.

They're just genes you know. I think people are ridiculously sentimental about such things.

If anyone has a reason to want to terminate it's the mother, she has to have it in her body reminding her of what was done to her.
    Exactly. That's the main reason I said "no sane person would keep it".

I feel like that's an awful situation waiting to happen. The baby would be an everyday reminder of what happened to her. Would be a bad situation.

It'd be an everyday reminder for the husband too. "Couldn't protect my wife" and stuff like that. I don't think it's really reasonable to keep the child.