Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Like Rock n Roll Racing, Lost Vikings, or Blackthorne?
    I just want to build my base and sit behind walls and towers turtling till everybody else quits.

Is that so much to ask?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    I'd say one of the bigger issues is movie length. I'm sorry, but 2h for a Warcraft movie is NOT enough.
    Too many things missed, for those that haven't read the books or played the games.

As for AC, I haven't seen it (yet?), but somehow I would tend to expect it to not be very good.
    i still want a director's cut

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    I'm offended that its been 15 years since we've seen the last Warcraft RTS game.

I wonder how many more Pukewatch loot boxes Blizzard has to sell before they get back to the basics.

Wc4 or riot boys. Wc4 release is the day i give up my house, girlfriend, future kids and everything to devote myself to the art of Wc4 4v4 rt

I thought the Warcraft movie was OK.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

From what I gather the AC movie is terrible, but since I haven't seen it I will refrain. The Warcraft movie was "alright", it lacked direction and had some weak casting choices, overall a bit cheesy and cheap in a lot of ways. That's not the fault of the source material though, there is a good story in there to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    I'm offended that its been 15 years since we've seen the last Warcraft RTS game.

I wonder how many more Pukewatch loot boxes Blizzard has to sell before they get back to the basics.
    There hasn't been a Warcraft RTS because

1. WoW became extremely successful
    2. RTS genre died

Blizzard are in this to make money, Hearthstone and Overwatch have been massive successes and WoW still has them laughing all the way to the bank, makes no sense for them to make a new traditional RTS.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The first Mortal Combat movie was good, IMO. It catered to both fans of the series and movie-goers pretty equally. The soundtrack was great too. It was a success in the box office based off the funding it received, even though it wasn't a hit.

I liked the Warcraft movie. My girlfriend was clueless about a lot of the things going on. I whispered to her like every 10 minutes. Heard some guys outside the theater complaining about the lack of night elves. Obviously not lore fans. Think they would have done better starting with Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I thought the Warcraft movie was OK.
    It was ok, in a campy B movie sort of way. At least it was better than Dungeon Siege.

I think the biggest problem in adapting video games to movies is a matter of perspective. In video games, we are the main participants. It is really hard to translate that well to a movie. Even games that are basically interactive movies (such as The Last of Us) would be really hard to do well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The problem with video games is Story.

There is either too much story to put in a single movie and it all gets dumbed down...or there's not enough story to fill a 2 hour movie and the screenwriters just make shit up.
    In the case of Warcraft, there is less story and more lore. It's hard to adapt that into a film without it becoming a cliche high-fantasy film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    It was ok, in a campy B movie sort of way. At least it was better than Dungeon Siege.

I think the biggest problem in adapting video games to movies is a matter of perspective. In video games, we are the main participants. It is really hard to translate that well to a movie. Even games that are basically interactive movies (such as The Last of Us) would be really hard to do well I think.
    Warcraft was quite easy to translate tho.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    In the case of Warcraft, there is less story and more lore. It's hard to adapt that into a film without it becoming a cliche high-fantasy film.
    I never thought of that! Just swap "lore" with "history". Take an orphaned street urchin living in Stormwind who has never left the walls, have an event happen where he has to flee the town, or she. The orphan is us, we don't know anything about the world either and we meet the world of warcraft through their eyes. We see an orc or an elf for the first time, we see magic and famous heroes, and we learn the lore as we journey along.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    AM I the only person that liked Assassin's Creed? Far from perfect, but it didn't actually feel like a video game adaptation. It felt like a B movie with a slightly larger than B budget. If I had lived under a rock my whole life I wouldn't have known it was a video game movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Video game movies suck because they are fan service wank first rather than films - case in point Warcraft.

Well, Warcraft is at least good enough that you can identify the reasons it's bad. Miswritten characters, bad acting and bad pacing.

It's easier to fix than the Star Wars prequels at least so it has that going for it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The problem of videogame movies is their retarded premises.

Warcraft has to include stupid, huge and disproportionate orcs - it simply has nothing else to show.

AC has to include stupid wall climbers in stupid dresses in stupid fights and completely retarded pseudohistoric setting.

There is simply no way for them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    The Lore isn't really important though. It's just a lot of flavour. The actual story for Warcraft 1 is quite simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft is a good movie the problem is critics. Half of them shit all over it while comparing it to fucking Lord of the Rings which is a ridiculously high standard to hold any movie too.

The other half just hate it because its a video game movie and come up with bullshit reasons to hate on it. My favorite Criticism from the "professionals" was "the movie doesn't give you an idea of where all these locations are in relation to each other" to which I say FUCK YOU. No one knew where the fuck Tatooine, Alderaan or Yavin 4 were in the original Star Wars and that didn't bother anyone.

Another one I hear is about the fight between Lothar and Blackhand being too short. Fuck those people most fights are short Hollywood's just been waxing its cock with over the top fight scenes for decades.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-12-30 at 10:07 AM.

not sure what it takes for a movie to be good for you

warcraft movie made lots of money worldwide. i'd say it was a good movie and the sequels should be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    warcraft movie made lots of money worldwide.
    It actually didn't. The movie was a massive flop in the US, and it only did really well in Asia. They should be lucky to break-even at this point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Warcraft was alright, right up until the end when it all just seemed rushed. It's one of those movies I most likely will never watch again tho.

On a side note, I thought both Hitman / Agent 47 and Prince of Persia where really good movies based off video games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It actually didn't. The movie was a massive flop in the US, and it only did really well in Asia. They should be lucky to break-even at this point.
    Yeah, I wonder if it was enough to create a second movie tbh.

I've seen it and it wasn't terrible but certainly not what you would want out of it as a Warcraft/WoW player. And people that arent familiar with it didnt like it at all.