Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    But the result is still the same, walking out on a woman because of a rape. Whether it's because of the rape itself or you being indignant with how she chooses to deal with what happened to her doesn't materially change the fact that you are walking on on your wife after she is raped.
    This logic is frustrating. I'm walking out on her after she's choosing to keep a rape baby. If she chose to abort the child or give it up for adoption, I wouldn't leave her, so it's not the rape.

Can we live off of nothing but sugary soda because, materially, it's just modified water, and water is good for you?

This reminds me of that American Dad episode where Steve says:

"I touched her hand. Her hand touched her boob. By the transitive property, I got some boob. Algebra's awesome!"
    Last edited by Zafire; 2016-12-30 at 07:22 AM.

As others has said, what he wants is irrelevant, it would be wrong for him to force the issue though. Also, as others have said, if I were in his position, I would try to convince her to put the child up for adoption. I personally think that would be the best for all parties involved, including the child. It wouldn't really be fair the child to have a father figure who resents him/her.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    This logic is frustrating. I'm walking out on her after she's choosing to keep a rape baby. If she chose to abort the child or give it up for adoption, I wouldn't leave her, so it's not the rape.

Can we live off of nothing but sugary soda because, materially, it's just modified water, and water is good for you?

This reminds me of that American Dad episode where Steve says:

"I touched her hand. Her hand touched her boob. By the transitive property, I got some boob. Algebra's awesome!"
    For the sake of myself feeling like arguing with an army of drones, my explanation to another poster:

My whole point was no matter the sophistry or nuance of the reason, at the end of the day, he is leaving his wife after her rape. Whether it's because of no reason, because of the baby, because she has been "defiled" (as some knuckledragger posted), or because he just didn't like the color of her dress that day, the result is the same, and for me at least, the result matters more than the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    He's free to divorce her, but he doesn't get a say in what she does with her body.
    Or with her child's body even!

My whole point was no matter the sophistry or nuance of the reason, at the end of the day, he is leaving his wife after her rape. Whether it's because of no reason, because of the baby, because she has been "defiled" (as some knuckledragger posted), or because he just didn't like the color of her dress that day, the result is the same, and for me at least, the result matters more than the reasoning.
    He's not abandoning her at all. Abandoning would mean she has no choice in the matter. She has a choice. She can have her husband or she can have the rape baby...but it doesn't seem like she can have both. It's just as easy to say that she is the one abandoning him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's just as easy to say that she is the one abandoning him.
    Because she's not doing what he wants with her body?

For the sake of myself feeling like arguing with an army of drones, my explanation to another poster:

Like i said in my earlier post, unless she gives up that baby for adoption, its gonna fuck up 3 lives if he stays. Atleast by leaving only two lives are fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're beating a dead horse, friend.

I have read a few of your posts in this thread, and while I do not share all of your views (I, myself, am pro-choice, whereas you have indicated that you are pro-life), you have articulated yourself well and have been very patient with others. I agree with your sentiments on marital vows 100%, however. Being a married man myself, I too vowed to my wife to stand with her through everything, not "just the stuff that is easy to deal with."

Understand, though, that you're addressing a group comprised primarily of teenagers or 20-somethings who have never been married, and are probably not mature enough to conceptualize a long-term, loving relationship. All they see are sleights against their manhood, and their prideful nature takes control.

It'll take them a long time to really understand what you mean. Just know that there are others who (mostly) agree with you, and be thankful that for MOST of these people, it is something they will grow to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Like i said in my earlier post, unless she gives up that baby for adoption, its gonna fuck up 3 lives if he stays. Atleast by leaving only two lives are fucked up.
    Do you know that, though? Or are you assuming? Has no man ever had the mental or emotional ability to raise a child that wasn't his without hating and/or abusing it?

Deleted
    Jesus christ just leave her!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You are speaking in absolutes. Your perspective is not the perspective of others.

I know it is difficult to conceptualize, but other people think differently than you!

Because she's not doing what he wants with her body?
    She doesn't have to have an abortion. That doesn't mean she has to keep the child. Adoption is a real thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want an abortion, if she wants to keep a child of a rapist i would leave her.

She is obviously not right in the head. How anyone can have the child of a rapist is beyond me.

I can't tell him what to do because I don't have those kinds of powers. I can however tell you that I would have a very frank talks with her over a number of days maybe weeks and if she could not see logic, reasoning etc then I would dump her ass and I would inflict as much pain as I could possibly inflict legally.

Reminds of parents that don't let their kids get blood transfusions. DEAR LORD GOD INVENTED BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS YOU STUPID FUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You're beating a dead horse, friend.

I have read a few of your posts in this thread, and while I do not share all of your views (I, myself, am pro-choice, whereas you have indicated that you are pro-life), you have articulated yourself well and have been very patient with others. I agree with your sentiments on marital vows 100%, however. Being a married man myself, I too vowed to my wife to stand with her through everything, not "just the stuff that is easy to deal with."

Understand, though, that you're addressing a group comprised primarily of teenagers or 20-somethings who have never been married, and are probably not mature enough to conceptualize a long-term, loving relationship. All they see are sleights against their manhood, and their prideful nature takes control.

It'll take them a long time to really understand what you mean. Just know that there are others who (mostly) agree with you, and be thankful that for MOST of these people, it is something they will grow to understand.
    That's sort of what I thought. I'm 35, and I can say I probably did not have the views I have now when I was a 19 or 20 yr old and without much knowledge of life.

Thanks for the reply, was starting to think there was something wrong with me for not putting myself on a pedestal alone.

Deleted
    Do you know that, though? Or are you assuming? Has no man ever had the mental or emotional ability to raise a child that wasn't his without hating and/or abusing it?
    This is a different situation.. He will reminded of the rape everytime he looks at the child..

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    then I would dump her ass and I would inflict as much pain as I could possibly inflict legally.
    That's the sort of angrily single-guy revenge fantasy a lot of the responses here are seeming like, this one is just more honest in showing it.

I'm not saying that there can't be good times, but it is guaranteed that there will be times where memories or feelings are triggered because of the child. Because the man is somewhat removed from the incident he will most likely be able to handle it better than the women so even if he had a god/robot tier of willpower and focus he would still have to deal with the women snapping at the kid or treating it different sometimes when these memories/feelings surface. Unless you destroy parts of your brain and memory, everyone will eventually be effected by the event its basic human psychology.

Not trying to start an argument here, but I really hate religion for biasing people towards keeping kids they don't want. Hope the best for your friend, but if I was him I would probably leave her, but it's definitely something that requires a lot of thinking. In a way, your kid is your kid because you raise him, not because of genetics, but god damn even then it's a hard pill to swallow. I guess if he leaves he she can at least get money from the rapist..

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You are speaking in absolutes. Your perspective is not the perspective of others.

I know it is difficult to conceptualize, but other people think differently than you!
    I'm speaking in absolutes because it is absolute that the baby will be treated differently than a non rape baby. The way the human brain is designed means you can't magically not have occasional moments of recall, you can try and repress it but that ends up fucking shit up even more usually. The same reason you occasionally have thoughts from long ago is the same reason why its a bad idea to raise the rape baby.

I'm not saying that with therapy for all 3 for most of their lives they might not have a descent life but in the end its just not worth it.