Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had a Brewmaster Monk in BrF progress, was fun.

Before that, it was when frog farming on Timeless Isle was a thing. Everyone wanted a Brewmaster then :P
    im cool pls respodn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    But the WF race doesn't really say much about what average players have to deal with.
    Yeah, that's fair and capitalizes my point. If top guilds start to bring BrM next patch and you use that as a defense for why BrM will be good, then if you look at their roster right now, you can say that BrM is not good.

It's not something I agree with considering, like you said, the roster of the WF race doesn't matter for most players.

Deleted
    I had to explain this to someone in another thread. They got a dismal prepatch review by someone and people steered away. Brew has ridiculously smooth damage intake, only issue is that they lack self heals like other tanks, or rather, the constant self heals. Healing elixir/3-4 orbs is basically a LoH.
    Yeah, our M+ tank is BM (I'm the healer) - it's all very smooth going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Funny how those top guilds weren't using them during progression either. Saying that something might be strong next tier holds no bearing on how it performs right now.
    But that's how it works. If BM's are picked for top10 guild progression next tier then everything else is complete shit and only scrubs would play them. Right?
    That's why there's only three viable tank specs right now, Guardians, Paladins and Warriors - the rest of them are utter, pure shit and only baddies play them.

This is how the community perception of FOTM works.

Again, in practice, this has very little actual bearing outside that "top guild race progression"-bubble - all the tanks have killed Mythic Helya. They're all capable of doing it. The community is just so very eager to always divide things in "OP" and "shit" - there are no nuances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yeah, that's fair and capitalizes my point. If top guilds start to bring BrM next patch and you use that as a defense for why BrM will be good, then if you look at their roster right now, you can say that BrM is not good.

It's not something I agree with considering, like you said, the roster of the WF race doesn't matter for most players.
    Nah, you can't say if something is "good" or "bad" if it's present in the WF race at all. Druids and warriors were OP as fuck when legion hit, that's why they were present in most wf progression raids and thats why they got subsequent nerfs. Playing field is pretty even rn, so other classes are getting the time to shine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm ... I think in the first month I met ONE and he was pretty good.. everyone was low geared at the time.

My main alt is a BM Monk, and I have tanked in Heroic EN to M+8's and been fine, its really about how you manage your stagger, and how alert your healer(s) are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    But that's how it works. If BM's are picked for top10 guild progression next tier then everything else is complete shit and only scrubs would play them. Right?
    That's why there's only three viable tank specs right now, Guardians, Paladins and Warriors - the rest of them are utter, pure shit and only baddies play them.

This is how the community perception of FOTM works.

Again, in practice, this has very little actual bearing outside that "top guild race progression"-bubble - all the tanks have killed Mythic Helya. They're all capable of doing it. The community is just so very eager to always divide things in "OP" and "shit" - there are no nuances.
    Man, after reading your post again, I have no idea how I didn't see that you were simply mocking people. I'll blame it on it being so late here lol.

I took your post as "when NH releases and top guilds use it, you'll see that it's good". So yeah, my bad.

I usually dungeon/raid with my BM monk friend, so about 50% of my dungeons and raids are tanked by a BM monk. (This is Mythic 4 to mythic 8, and EN heroic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Some time mid October, I was levelling an alt and I chanced upon a WW monk who tanked DHT for faster queues while questing.

Only once before has this mythical creature revealed itself to me in Legion, that being in my first random heroic queue.
    Hmm... Last week, Mythic+ 5 Maw
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Nah, you can't say if something is "good" or "bad" if it's present in the WF race at all. Druids and warriors were OP as fuck when legion hit, that's why they were present in most wf progression raids and thats why they got subsequent nerfs. Playing field is pretty even rn, so other classes are getting the time to shine.
    Indeed. Entropy (world #5) used BM during their ToV progression.
    The community perception is still "BM is bad".

Same thing happened to Guardians during Highmaul in WoD

I run timewalkers on my monk
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Indeed. Entropy (world #5) used BM during their ToV progression.
    The community perception is still "BM is bad".

Same thing happened to Guardians during Highmaul in WoD
    I do think they need buffs, though. They def need a damage buff (or at least paladins need to be taken down several pegs) and a more reliable/shorter cd self heal mechanic would be great. Brew is really, really good with a healer and completely useless without, from my personal experience. They are def the least self sufficient tanks. I'm not asking for guard, but old expel harm would work wonders.

Out of curiousity I made a BRM, they're actually pretty decent if you play well and use blackox brew (other talents are a huge trap and VASTLY inferior)

100% ironskin brew uptime is a real thing and it means you are IMPOSSIBLE to be bursted down, your hp slowly crawls towards 0, and by 35% hp and lower you gain insane amounts of self-heal orbs which can pop you back into top shape, purifying brew also helps when youre starting to get into trouble, on top of leg sweep and roll kiting.

Is it as powerful as a bear currently? No and they are massively getting nerfed, but in some areas they can be better.

It is an unforgiving spec and if you dont play well you just die. I just wish it was a bit more "casual friendly" and that other talents than blackox brew werent such a trap. They really need to split purifying brew into it's own cooldown considering you have 100% ironskin uptime anyways (Overpurifying is a huge trap for newer players, the big yellow stagger popup makes you believe that you should purify when in reality you should almost never...), and make RJW baseline because add pickup without RJW is stupid, especially the stairs with bats.. Would also be nice if IBS gave a small damage reduction, even if it's unnecessary, just for the psychological effect on the masses..

In the end monks have the potential to cheese mechanics. Odyn's spear? lol u wut m8 don't even need to leave melee range.
    Last edited by Dreyen; 2016-12-30 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Out of curiousity I made a BRM, they're actually pretty decent if you play well and use blackox brew (other talents are a huge trap and VASTLY inferior)

100% ironskin brew uptime is a real thing and it means you are IMPOSSIBLE to be bursted down, your hp slowly crawls towards 0, and by 35% hp and lower you gain insane amounts of self-heal orbs which can pop you back into top shape, purifying brew also helps when youre starting to get into trouble, on top of leg sweep and roll kiting.

Is it as powerful as a bear currently? No and they are massively getting nerfed, but in some areas they can be better.

It is an unforgiving spec and if you dont play well you just die. I just wish it was a bit more "casual friendly" and that other talents than blackox brew werent such a trap. They really need to split purifying brew into it's own cooldown considering you have 100% ironskin uptime anyways (Overpurifying is a huge trap for newer players, the big yellow stagger popup makes you believe that you should purify when in reality you should almost never...), and make RJW baseline because add pickup without RJW is stupid, especially the stairs with bats.. Would also be nice if IBS gave a small damage reduction, even if it's unnecessary, just for the psychological effect on the masses..

In the end monks have the potential to cheese mechanics. Odyn's spear? lol u wut m8 don't even need to leave melee range.
    Lol someone understands.
    Truth be told I run with light brewing b/c i'm lazy and don't want more buttons, but yeah, you're 100% right. I also run high tolerance so I actually enjoy red stagger. I have 3.5m hp now and it's nice to purify 1m+ of the damage at a time

Every 3 weeks or so I might stumble upon one in LFG.

We have one in our raid, so pretty regularly

Neltharions +15

We got Keystone Master.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that great wow community with its super feedback that many will follow. That is why I first try a class and spec myself before deciding if I can play one or not. Some people need to be OP to feel good and then they are subjected to nerfs. It never ends.

I haven't seen Monks themselves in game for a long time already.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Been a while. Granted haven't done a 5 dungeon in a bit, and my raid tanks are a dh, warrior, and a backup bear.