Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Because when you get married it stops being about just you or just her. it's not about 'me', it's about 'us'.

If the vows mean nothing then why bother making them?
    That goes for her as well. She should consider her husband's feelings as well when deciding if she is to keep the baby or not.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-12-30 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I am married. Vows are not made just by a man but also by a woman. When you are also conciously hurting your husband by wanting to keep rapist's baby that's not really caring for each other is it?
    Is it better to kill an unborn child than hurt someone's feeling?

Deleted
    To me embryo is not a child yet. Now you're getting into subject of views. To me it's not killing. That's like saying when someone masturbates he kills millions of potential babies:P

PS

It's her decision to keep it. No one is forcing, but he can't be forced to stay with her to. She makes choices and he makes his.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-12-30 at 09:37 AM.

A lot of people are saying adoption is fine. Just not keeping it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    She can't be made to get an abortion and even if he decides to leave her over it, he will still need to pay child support.
    And again, no man should be forced to pay child support for a child that's not his. Ever. Period.

genetics has nothing to do with being a rapist. You're giving the genes too much credit, and the mind way too little.

How would one feel to raise another mans baby under the circumstances that it got here by rape/cheating? It must feel like shit, I'm not sure how those men that do raise them do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a horrible scenario, that I'm sure has happened in histort and I pray never happens to anyone.
    Key points.

1) do your best not to get wifey raped. conceal carry firerm, training, and situational awareness. BUT, stuff still can happen.
    2) after the fact, do I kidnapp and torture the rapist? dismembering him over days, painfullly. OR do I let courts /God handle it? OR both?
    3) the kid... I think it's up to my wife.I wouldn't want to see abortion, and she is pro-life too. I think she would have it. I'd lean adoption but it would tear her heart out, she'd need to keep that painful reminder. and love him/her.

4) me. A better man would stick it out, I'd say she'd deserve me to,... BUT... I'd return to drinking. I know it. for all of our sakes we'd need to separate.

Which brings me back to #2.... God Help that rapist...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And again, no man should be forced to pay child support for a child that's not his. Ever. Period.
    I second this. Rapist should be the one to pay. Or whoever is the father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    She can't be made to get an abortion and even if he decides to leave her over it, he will still need to pay child support.
    Why would he have to pay child support for a child that is not his? I'm confused...
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Genetically is one of the main ways you determine where a baby comes from. If it is 50% the rapist it is literally his baby.
    No it isn't. If that's your criteria then it's half his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    If it's not your child, that alone should absolve you of any responsibility.
    Which one are we talking about here? Two different issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No court anywhere in the world will let a man force a woman to get an abortion.
    The sands you walk on have worn down your wits Khajiit, For there are others that walk much harsher and bloodier sands that would do such that or worse. Praise Talos that those sands dont become these sands.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    So his wife got raped and all he thinks about is himself?
    What a colossal douchebag. I hope this woman leaves him, asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So his wife got raped and all he thinks about is himself?
    What a colossal douchebag. I hope this woman leaves him, asap.
    Different thing to stay with a woman who was raped and different thing having rapist's kid raised because she wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Different thing to stay with a woman who was raped and different thing having rapist's kid raised because she wants it.
    No, I'm pretty sure he's just a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Why would he have to pay child support for a child that is not his? I'm confused...
    It's somewhat true, I just did a google search on this.

I read about this case in Michigan where the woman was cheating and had the real dad put her husbands name down on the birth certificate. It was all on the Husband to prove it wasn't his.

If the husband and wife go have a baby delivered, and the Husband writes his name on the birth certificate because he rightly thinks it's his, he's usually stuck. If they divorce a year later, the woman starts getting child support payments, and THEN she drops the ball it's not his and he can't see it anymore, the Husband is generally stuck paying child support until the child is 18 *AND* can't see the child.

Even if you don't sign the birth certificate and you're married, you have to prove it's not yours.

Ungh, disgusting.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2016-12-30 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    I would fuckin leave in a hearbeat. Like honestly there is nothing worse than being a cuck and raising not your own child. If she doesn't wanna have abortion then dude should get the fuck outta that if he has some sanity left in him.
    as a person that has had a step father for over 30years and did some raising of me in my teen years i say F u and that bullshit line of thinking. being a father to a child that is not yours is being the biggest man there is. no success can be measured higher than that. with that said i would drop this bitch in a heartbeat. im not a fan of abortion but i think it should be legal and used in circumstances just like this. she hes a definite mental problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because when you get married it stops being about just you or just her. it's not about 'me', it's about 'us'.

If the vows mean nothing then why bother making them?
    I think a lot of the comments are being made from is an ultra what if scenario idealism, where the female is giving no thought to the husbands point of view (almost just to spite said husband i guess), and i have 3 things i feel should be said on the hole thing.

A. If said "person" actually exists then this "scenario" should never come to pass to begin with, If she really gives your opinions and concerns no consideration in her thought process then you would (or I guess i should say should), never let this type of person into your life to begin with.

B. If she dose make up her mind as to keep the baby to birth, then a lot can be said for adoption. It gives the kid its rightful chance at life while still removing a life long burden from the mother and surrogate father which one or both never asked for. Regardless of what one wants it takes Two in a relationship to make something work and if the others heart is not in it your endeavor is bound to fail, this goes for raising children to.

C. Finally, If the child is born and she will not go for adoption, let things ride for one to four years. If things turn out grate and you find a love for the child then congratulations may you all live in joy an peace. Conversely if things are not working out for one reason or another, and a rift is forming within the family leading to a hostile "home" setting then this may be the time to force the adoption issue, child services can be called by a father and the young one can be removed for his/her own safety (believe it or not mothers can louse custody of children that are in poor or hostile environments regardless of the mothers wishes.). Keep in mind this sort of thing needs to be a last ditch effort to salvage a dieing scenario, as it will undoubtedly crate many open wounds that will take time to heal for all 3 parties involved.

In the end i think this hole thing is just turning into an over thought out what if scenario of polar opposites ideals coming into clash, but hay that's what internet forms are good at so ehh...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2016-12-30 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    A real man or husband would care for HIS wife no matter the circumstances. It's no fault of the child or the wife's. Real men do what needs to be done to care for their loved ones.
    real men recognize mental problems that cannot be fixed and gtfo. stop loving broken people, at least people that f'n broken. gotta draw the line somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    It's somewhat true, I just did a google search on this.

I read about this case in Michigan where the woman was cheating and had the real dad put her husbands name down on the birth certificate. It was all on the Husband to prove it wasn't his.

If the husband and wife go have a baby delivered, and the Husband writes his name on the birth certificate because he rightly thinks it's his, he's usually stuck. If they divorce a year later, the woman starts getting child support payments, and THEN she drops the ball it's not his and he can't see it anymore, the Husband is generally stuck paying child support until the child is 18 *AND* can't see the child.

Even if you don't sign the birth certificate and you're married, you have to prove it's not yours.

Ungh, disgusting.
    There should be DNA tests at birth by default.