Poll: Do you like or dislike Legion (current state)?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like it. DH is fun, WQ are great, plenty to do.

Deleted
    So if people has nothing to do like WoD people whines and stops playing. If there is a lot of things to do like in Legion people whines and stops playing. Maybe the comunity is extremely polarized. Or maybe we have a bunch of players who really don't have an issue with WoD gameplay or Legion gameplay but with WoW in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    So if people has nothing to do like WoD people whines and stops playing. If there is a lot of things to do like in Legion people whines and stops playing. Maybe the comunity is extremely polarized. Or maybe we have a bunch of players who really don't have an issue with WoD gameplay or Legion gameplay but with WoW in general.
    I sort of have an issue with WoW. I don't like certain designs that are currently in the game. However I in no way hate WoW. WoD was just a mess in general though with 1 major content patch and lack of content.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    World is brilliant.
    World quests are good but can be improved.
    Raids and dungeons are great with more options for progression than earlier.
    Proffessions are fun, part from Archaeology which they somehow managed to make even worse than before.

Legendaries are absolutely terrible.
    PvP is ok at best.

Overall I like it, but if I wasn't in an active raiding guild I would probably not be playing it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewiew View Post
    I like Legion. I dislike Legiondaries.
    I share this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    As with all the expansions I've played, I've liked it, but out of all of them, this one has the least amount of content that appealed to me so far.

Vanilla/BC: the world was new to me and I just levelled.
    Wrath: Decent gear was easy to obtain, the reputations/Argent Tournament dailies were fulfilling and I had the time to raid.
    Cata: Levelling 1-60 in the post Cata world was still fun and I could still raid.
    MoP: No more time to play the game like a no-lifer but there were lots of dailies, the farm and rewarding rep grinds.
    WoD: Levelling sucked after the first time but Garrisons were great and kept me subbed for the entire expansion.
    Legion: Levelling REALLY sucks after the first time, the reputations don't offer anything good and Order Halls aren't as deep as Garrisons were.

All I do nowadays is log in, do all the gold Order Hall missions, pet battle, farm mounts and log out, I probably won't resub once I've run out of Bloods/Resources.

I don't give a shit about legendaries.
    Well lets see about reputations: Recipes for the crafted gear that goes to 855 now, which is nice if you don't have a lot of luck in raiding or mythic pluses. Also a few decent pieces of gear, the usual toys and a few Artifact skins. So saying reputations have nothing behind them is pretty funny as they actually have quite a lot this time around and plenty of stuff that is usable.

Alot of my irl friends quit during last 2 months so i'm starting to be bored playing alone. My gametime ends in late january and i'm probably not extending it.
    But still i don't think Legion is bad.

Love it. Have two main gripes.. one with legion: the fear of gearing an offspec because you dont want to get an offspec legendary (which could be easily fixed and hopefully will be). And my overall gripe is the LFG/LFR system. There should be no penalty for leaving a group that has already killed a single boss.

30 minute penalty for trying to kill ilgynoth in EN raid finder, because you got put into a raid that was already at renferal.

Easiest fix is just to make ilgynoth the last boss of the wing instead of renferal. That doesn't fix the overall problem though.. which is that you shouldn't be penalized for leaving after you got thrown into a dysfuntional raid finder.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Overall I like Legion. It has its flaws mind you, but the good outweighs the bad IMO. Outside of qualms about specific class/spec design decisions, the big downside to Legion for me is how much enjoyment of the xpac hinges on the RNG.

If the RNG favors you, Legion is generally awesome. There's a good feeling when you open that emissary box and that top tier Legendary pops out, or when that 845 world quest gear procs all the way up to ilvl 880. The flipside of that is when the RNG habitually gives you the finger. Like when the really well itemized gear doesn't proc but the badly itemized gear does, or you keep getting relics for the wrong spec and struggle to get relic upgrades for your desired spec.

This is exacerbated by questionable design decisions (and a stubbornness to stick with them) such as making shitty legendaries like the Sephuz ring. Even 7.1.5 does little to fix the ring. It's still the worst possible legendary most people can get and it's a huge disappointment for most people when that emissary box finally decides to spit a legendary out... and its the Sephuz ring. What should be a moment of joy and celebration becomes one of anguish and despair. Because, not only did you get the "booby prize" of all legendaries, you also "wasted your good luck" just to have Nelson pop out of your emissary box, point at you and say "HA HA!".

But outside of the RNG, overall I have more good to say about Legion than bad so I voted for liking Legion.

Deleted
    It's far from perfect, original and refreshing but it's enjoyable.

I currently like Legion. Started this expansion as a warlock and did not like the design it was heading so I quit for pretty much whole November, recently came back to play my spriest and got my 35 traits so now I don't feel forced to farm that AP WQ and M+.

Deleted
    First time/expanion ever playing on blizz real server. Am so happy with my decision to actually pay some money to play. "Love" the part when you are working IRL and never have enough time to do everything, always something to do Sadly lost months playing my first char (couldnt handle the OL rogue RNJesus), after the reroll It's insane happy fun times Legion is awesome (yes legendary system isnt great, RNG deciding youll get no/huge dmg incrs from it, but at the end we will get all em).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Well could be, but much more the concepts are extremly different. In WoD you had like 1 daily (before tanaan) and Garrison to do, virtually no good 5 man Content or End-Game-Questzone. Which was extremly...few things to do (to say the least). Now you got around 4 (almost mandatory due to Leggie System) to about 40+ Worldquests, endless repeatable (atleast virtually) 5 man Content with rewards on par with mythic raids, the sligth pressure to not letting anything go to waste (due to ap and legendary chances) like lfr/daily heroic you end up with a horrendous amount of things to do (or adviable to do), obv. it is a People Problem aswell with pacing (the Feeling of stuff being mandatory is most of the time stronger then the mandatory effect itself), but it isnt like that Legion is a common middleground of stuff to do, it is the other extreme where you basically could Progress 24/7 in m+ dungeons due to ap/legendary changes and titanforged loot.

I have mixed feelings about Legion.

There is parts I hate and parts I like, But I have hit the wall and uninstalled it.

Not sure if and when ill be back, the things I hate have out weighted the things I liked finally. To be honest I think my time with WOW is coming to a end and I already knew Legion was my last expansion.

The burn out after grinding two legendary's and my Artifact Hidden Skin (Ret Paladin) has set in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't ...

Jokes apart, yes I do like it except the Artifact Knowledge... I know, I know in prev xpacs there was the cloak and ring etc. but those had a ton of catch up mechanics, and AK is only getting one soon too... so I guess it will be better after.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't vote there isn't a poll option applicable to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I can't vote there isn't a poll option applicable to me.
    Are you by any chance emotionless? That'd be my only reasoning. Either you like something or you dislike something, being entirely neutral about it = lack of emotions. :P

Top 3 for me if they just listened to the whining about class design. Warlocks are especially clunky or just not engaging to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like legion, but i hate most of community on WoW forums. Lots of whinners and dramas they don't even appreciate hard work Blizz did.

I like it way more than WoD. Even leveling alts is fun.