Page 1 of 2
LastLast

/Ignore isnt working

It's beyond annoying. I have retarded people harassing me, so I obv ignore them, but I still get their whispers and see their messages in /1 .

I think this has to do with cross-realms, but in any case, how do I fix this ?

Deleted
    Turn Addons off, Ignore works fine for me.

If you don't respond, they will stop harassing you. Nobody will keep going without a response.

You mentioned cross-realm, did you make sure that the game is ignoring them and not people with the same name on your server? If you just right click to ignore let's say Edgemaster-Sargeras but you're playing on KT and someone on your server is also named Edgemaster, for some reason it'll prioritize them over the dude from Sargeras. That or it'll say player not found.

I don't bother using the right click ignore function cross-server anymore for that reason, always enter them + server manually. Praise copy paste chat addons for those special characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    If you don't respond, they will stop harassing you. Nobody will keep going without a response.
    Incorrect, people are spamming me with useless crap, regardless, that's not what the thread is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, its the same guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that you have to include the server name when you ignore cross-realm players.

Like this: /ignore Playername-Server. If the server has an apostrophe in it, you just omit it and type it as one word.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Remember that you have to include the server name when you ignore cross-realm players.

Like this: /ignore Playername-Server
    I do, it even says "xxxx-xxxx is now being ignored" but nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Well - you could try the old fashion idea, and just ignore them

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I take it this didn't just happen out of nothing in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you have tried disabling your addons just to make sure none of them interferes with the /ignore function?

I am glad I am the type of person that really doesn't need to physically block people. I just don't see them though a mental block.

Deleted
    I have the same problem too. /ignore does not work at least in bgs for me.

Deleted
    right click > report for language if you're actually getting harassed, this will also temporarly /ignore them until you log off

In my experience when ignoring people from a different realm, I often have to do it twice..

It will say the person is being ignored, from the first time I do it, but it doesn't actually take effect.. Until I ignore them a second time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I am glad I am the type of person that really doesn't need to physically block people. I just don't see them though a mental block.
    I use ignore, to prevent being grouped with those same people again.

It might be completly pointless, probably wouldn't ever see them again anyway (atleast when doing cross server stuff).
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

people I know were harrassing someone in their guild in dutch because they thought it was me. They did not stop until they were kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    And why is there a limit to how many you can ignore? Im always on limit (50) and I have to literally report people just to stop reading bullshit in trade chat. However this shouldn't be the case. Increase ignore limit to at least 100 should be possible.
    No idea why it's only 50, I never really had a problem tho. About the launch of a new expansion, I would clear my ignore list.

But if you need more space, you can find addon's that increase the size of your ignore list.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    No idea why it's only 50, I never really had a problem tho. About the launch of a new expansion, I would clear my ignore list.

But if you need more space, you can find addon's that increase the size of your ignore list.
    I use an addon called "IgnoreMore" but I 've tried disabling it, issue persists.

I've never used ignore list - mine has always been empty. I've simply switched off all global chats, cuz there is nothing useful there - only spam. And in case of whispers - I use "report spam" feature, that temporary silences player, I don't want to hear. As it usually happens in LFD/LFR, it's enough to complete it. And I've never been harassed by somebody else. It wouldn't happen, if you wouldn't mess with other players. Don't like, what he says? Don't mess with him - use "report spam" to temporary silence him. If he does something, that prevents you from playing the game properly (AFKing in 5ppl for example) - just quit and that's it.

You should know, that leaving room for social interaction also means leaving room for anti-social interaction. And there is such kind of players, as "killers", who love to grief other players. Most of them are PVPers. They use PVE content with one purpose only - to find a victim for their griefing. So. If you hate griefing - simply try to avoid content, that may allow other players to grief you. Remember, that social content is intended to be done with players, you know well. You should remember, that it doesn't have any protection from anti-social behavior, so there is big chance, that you will be griefed there. If it happens - don't mess with them. It's exactly, what they want. Ignore them and/or quit. If you will follow this simple rules - game will always be enjoyable for you.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    What did you do to them to harass you?
    If your ignore function doesn't work write in tech support else just turn the tables on them and harass them instead!

Isn't there a limit to the number of players you can have on your Friends list and Ignore list that is shared across WoW ,Starcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch?

Edit: Yeah, there is a limit. 50 Characters, and 50 accounts. Upped from 25 characters on Patch 3.3.
    There does seem to be a few addons that can raise that ignore limit to 100.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ignore
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-12-30 at 01:11 PM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!