Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    rested xp inevitably meant you'd outlevel the zones and they'd become less fun as you just 1-shot everything.
    Not everyone finds slogging through meaningless trashmobs that can't do squat except have ridiculously high HP pools fun.

Yes, scaling like that should be a players choice. I didn't like scaling in GW2, I don't like it in WoW.

Why have a leveling grind in the first place if crap scales UP to you anyway?!

Only scaling the kind FF XIV uses in dungeons and FATEs, because it makes playing with low level friends much less of a pain in the rear. Even then: it is my CHOICE whether I want to do a low level dungeon or FATE.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    sure, until my 2° gold point i cant mass pull, strike an envenom and watch the world burn. now i can
    and if dont note this. every trait improve your health pool, so "same damage" is wrong
    even if it works now what's going on the next expansion, when it's gone? seems to be working out a solution for a problem that should not exist?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    seems to be it's not entirely, without scaling you find the mobs to easy you move on to the next zone, to hard you drop back a zone, but with scaling it's does not matter you're pretty much stuck with no choice.
    Now "Choice" as well.
    I do not think it means what you think it means.

If the zones determine where you go, you're not choosing. There is no variety.
    If you can go anywhere, you can choose. You have variety.

What you're really saying is "I miss having the game telling me where I can or cannot go".
    That's all.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    even if it works now what's going on the next expansion, when it's gone? seems to be working out a solution for a problem that should not exist?
    you have your so much loved green level mob

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Now "Choice" as well.
    I do not think it means what you think it means.

If you can go anywhere, you can choose. You have variety.

What you're really saying is "I miss having the game telling me where I can or cannot go".
    That's all.
    no what I really like is LK where there was a story but more than one you could follow.
    *there has to me some guiding in the game for it to be a RPG if not it kinda kills the story telling.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    you have your so much loved green level mob
    huh? after the first run though I like jumping ahead on the 2 or 3 toon I'm leveling to the harder mobs to keep me from falling asleep.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-12-30 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perr View Post
    Remind me again how many active players those games have?
    No MMO on the planet has as many active players as wow, doesn't mean they aren't successful/profitable games. And the population of SWTOR has been lower than WoW since the launch of the game, level scaling didn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    True, but it#s not necessary that mobs scale to the exact level of the player.
    We have to start the zones at the command table, right? So scale the sone when we start it, but stop scaling it further.

There is nothing to look forward to when you ding up, because the mobs ding up as well.

Levels should make you feel more powerful, instead you feel weaker, not only because your stats deteriorate but now also because the mobs get beefed up.

100-106 were a breeze on my shadow.
    106-108 were annoying.
    108-110 were seriously unfun.

At 110 I said "screw shadow" and went disc for questing purposes.

I generally like scaling, but it doesn't work at max level the way WoW's done it. Mob density/aggro radius is too high and it doesn't take ilvl into account. Most fresh 110s are going to have a hard time until they get to a decent ilvl, which varies by class/spec.

Someone earlier mentioned GW2, but you're still very powerful in lower level zones even though the content scales. There's no comparison between the actual max level content vs. the starting zones.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Why should it be? The consequence of the zones as they were was that, unless you were charging through the content with no sleep, rested xp inevitably meant you'd outlevel the zones and they'd become less fun as you just 1-shot everything.

I say the exact opposite: Level scaling everywhere, not optional. Maybe up to a point, like 1-60 zones scale up to level 60 then stop, et cetera.
    Level scaling in brackets might be fine(maybe in 10-15ish level increments), but having everything scale all the way would be awful in terms of letting you feel more powerful as you level. In general I'd prefer not having scaling at all, but luckily I'm pretty much done with levelling anywhere pre-MoP anyway, so it would barely affect me.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Ah yes. Just get rid of classes and gear while we are at it. Let's turn those level 3 mobs to max level and have them take longer to kill than they did back in vanilla wow.

Ridiculous that people want to get rid of player progression. That's the whole point of a video game.
    I didn't say remove player progression.

What does level scaling do? It makes the world relevant at max level...but soon as we gear up it becomes trival once again.

The concept of player progression and levels is old. It needs to be updated with something else. I don't know with what...its just old. What next xpac we are going to go to 120?

WoW is turning in Dragon Ball......his power level its off the charts its 1000000000 X 10^100000000000000 ....wait he super sayien and double his power...what he super sayein level 2 and quadrupled his power!!!!

This is getting old...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    WoW is turning in Dragon Ball......his power level its off the charts its 1000000000 X 10^100000000000000 ....wait he super sayien and double his power...what he super sayein level 2 and quadrupled his power!!!!
    Not really.
    Next expansion will see another power squish like WoD saw.

So while the level numbers will get bigger, our relative power to current expansion mobs will stay the same.
    Just as it did for the last 10 years, in case you didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not really.
    Next expansion will see another power squish like WoD saw.

So while the level numbers will get bigger, our relative power to current expansion mobs will stay the same.
    Just as it did for the last 10 years, in case you didn't notice.
    It was referring to the "level" portion not the actual power. We are running around as 110..which is a bit silly....120 be more silly.....130 ...140.......200?.....210?....at somepoint this needs to end.

The end does not mean the end of wow. Something needs to replace it...what i don't know. Scaling is a move in the right direction thou.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now I know automated level sharing has mixed opinions and I understand the way Legion is that automated level scaling is needed BUT I hope if Blizzard insists on using this technology in future expansions they make it optional like in Witcher III. The reason why i'm not a huge fan is because I enjoy returning to old content to solo dungeons and raids or even to just experience the story from another factions pov rapidly (e.g. i'm currently going through previous expansions as Alliance and enjoy zerging through the mobs. Another reason is RP, in Legion for example we're limited on RP locations due to mobs and aggro. I also miss the variety of having zones by level. In Vanilla, WotLK and Cataclysm we would occasionally have the choice of 2 or 3 zones of our level thus opening a new levelling route for alts. In theory Legion let's us choose which zones but it ultimately still feels linear due to us needing to visit every zone regardless.

Obviously if Blizzard continue with WQs then they need to scale but I do feel beyond that it should be completely optional
    What? Why? How is this even a thing?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    This whole thread is idiotic, NOBODY is talking about making the whole game scale.
    We have people in this very thread wanting just that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. cool blog post
    2. making content harder that gives no reward, means no one will do it ever in a MMO because it puts you at a disadvantage to others
    3. say hello to our 2 a day adam thread about how to improve the game with a shitty design that most obviously wont improve the game
    You do realize you partly agreed with me

7+ Year Old Account
    Setting the option to turn off scaling does create an uneven playing field.

Take for example the farming scenario presented early on in this thread. (I'll admit, I haven't read every page here so this may have been addressed) Player "A" has scaling turned off and is zipping around gathering herbs and ore at light speed with no real threat to him. Player B however has scaling tuned on and has to fight his way through equal level mobs in order to gather materials slowing him down and putting him at a disadvantage against player "A" not to mention the effect this would have on realm economy as markets are flooded and gathering professions become nearly worthless and it's WoD all over again.

Nope, no thank you. Keep all players in each realm on an equal playing field (or, as equal as class balance issues will let it be).

Now all that said, if all content is scaled, I would say only scale it within expansion zones to that expansion levels. (If we come back to the Broken Isles when were 115, then things should only still be 110.) If they do scale mobs in old world, they should only scale to the expected levels for that zone (Like scale up to maximum level 20 or whatever it is for Azshara).
    Last edited by Ghrog; 2016-12-30 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    They have glider kits+the emerald winds toy as well as the whistle. Honestly I like that better. They had a point when they said flying trivializes the content too much due to not having to navigate the terrain whatsoever to get to quest objectives.
    The whistle actually trivializes travel more than flying. Instead of manually flying from A to B and enjoy the view we now just teleport from FP to FP AFK mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    The leveling scaling is the best thing that happened to the Legion zones. You guys are fucking crazy if you think you'd be happier with one fucking max level zone. You'd seriously have some shit to complain about then.
    We already have 1 max level zone Surarmar. You only visit other zones for WQs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not everyone finds slogging through meaningless trashmobs that can't do squat except have ridiculously high HP pools fun.

Yes, scaling like that should be a players choice. I didn't like scaling in GW2, I don't like it in WoW.

Why have a leveling grind in the first place if crap scales UP to you anyway?!

Only scaling the kind FF XIV uses in dungeons and FATEs, because it makes playing with low level friends much less of a pain in the rear. Even then: it is my CHOICE whether I want to do a low level dungeon or FATE.
    Exactly Blizzard could limit scaling to WQs and rares. FFXIV manages it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    It was referring to the "level" portion not the actual power. We are running around as 110..which is a bit silly....120 be more silly.....130 ...140.......200?.....210?....at somepoint this needs to end.

The end does not mean the end of wow. Something needs to replace it...what i don't know. Scaling is a move in the right direction thou.
    Why is it "silly"?
    Level is just a number used to introduce timesink and spread out a classes abilities so peeps don't get overwhelmed.
    Theoretically they could get rid it, because all that really matters is whether you have all your classes abilities unlocked or not.

I really dislike the scaling concept and hope it gets not put into the rest of the world.
    What sense does leveling have then at all?

Also I like leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    We already have 1 max level zone Surarmar. You only visit other zones for WQs.
    WQ's, and max level quests, and order hall quests, and artifact quests, and traveling to instances, and world bosses, and farming materials, and working on achievements, and on and on and on.... I spend more time in the other zones than I do in Suramar as a 110. (well, I did once the Suramar main questline was completed and moved to the once per week model buildup for Nighthold)

Y

We already have 1 max level zone Surarmar. You only visit other zones for WQs
    Everything is level 110. Every zone is used at level 110z. Therefore, every zone is max level. Suramar just happens to only be available at 110.