Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suar View Post
    I am not sure but back in alpha/beta traits was bugged over tests and then come fixed on live servers?
    The problem being that the Nighthold testing is being done with broken traits. when they go live and fix these traits we will if balanced now on ptr with broken traits, be overpowered on live and we know what happens to any class not mage or warrior that is overpowered , over nerfing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    so is affliction the go-to spec for 7.1.5?
    At a skim if you were fresh on your lock today you could go either aff or destro and be fairly safe. Demo'll probably be fine too there's just not a whole lot of reason to play it.

If you're already heavily invested in a specific spec with multiple legendaries and a bunch of ap spent you'll probably be better off sticking to that spec.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aff demo and destro are all fine specs to run in 715.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    why has the poor OP been banned?
    Because he accumulated enough infractions to get banned, that's how that works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    At a skim if you were fresh on your lock today you could go either aff or destro and be fairly safe. Demo'll probably be fine too there's just not a whole lot of reason to play it.

If you're already heavily invested in a specific spec with multiple legendaries and a bunch of ap spent you'll probably be better off sticking to that spec.
    yeah, problem is if you get a legendary for a spec like demo you almost feel forced to play that spec, i got the doom belt on my lock (trying to get bracers but no luck ofc) and while i do play demo a fair bit (pretty much got and equal amount of traits opened for all specs except destro) i also play afflic a lot and i feel my legendary is going to waste when i play something other than demo, luckily the belt has good stats for afflic so if nothing else it'll be a good stat stick for afflic but still.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    yeah, problem is if you get a legendary for a spec like demo you almost feel forced to play that spec, i got the doom belt on my lock (trying to get bracers but no luck ofc) and while i do play demo a fair bit (pretty much got and equal amount of traits opened for all specs except destro) i also play afflic a lot and i feel my legendary is going to waste when i play something other than demo, luckily the belt has good stats for afflic so if nothing else it'll be a good stat stick for afflic but still.
    Yeah that is pretty much the crux of it. It's easy enough to get a weapon relatively caught up on AP but the spec will be at a huge disadvantage if you have no berries for it. I've been pigeon holed into destruction this entire time for instance because I hit the lottery and got 2 good legendaries for it, and so I basically can't swap specs unless one of the other specs is just wildly overperforming which isn't happening.

Deleted
    Changes I would make
    Destro:
    Cataclysm baseline, it only applies Immolate, 45 seg. Talent: Now does damage, and reduces cd (10-15 seg.)
    F&B: Also increases Incinerate damage by X% -or, if mechanically possible - if you're single target, 3-6 Incinerates go to the same target (maybe based on mastery or crit something, so it scales with different stats).

Demonology: stalkers bite does cleave damage to 2+ targets.
    Empower can be cast on the move - maybe linked to a talent

Affliction: the ptr changes are more than ok. But for the hell of it, effigy should move with you.
    Change some talent with aoe capabiliti3s with Life Siphon - so you have an AoE row. Maybe Writhe (sow for burst aoe, writhe for long lasting aoe adds)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    why has the poor OP been banned?
    Trumpposting probably

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    Changes I would make
    Destro:
    Cataclysm baseline, it only applies Immolate, 45 seg. Talent: Now does damage, and reduces cd (10-15 seg.)
    F&B: Also increases Incinerate damage by X% -or, if mechanically possible - if you're single target, 3-6 Incinerates go to the same target (maybe based on mastery or crit something, so it scales with different stats).

Demonology: stalkers bite does cleave damage to 2+ targets.
    Empower can be cast on the move - maybe linked to a talent

Affliction: the ptr changes are more than ok. But for the hell of it, effigy should move with you.
    Change some talent with aoe capabiliti3s with Life Siphon - so you have an AoE row. Maybe Writhe (sow for burst aoe, writhe for long lasting aoe adds)
    But then nobody would use Chaos Bolts anymore ?_?

As far as Cataclysm goes I agree. It should be a baseline talent and would greatly increase the joy I would be having with Destro. Multi tabbing immolating is really annoying after time and time again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    But then nobody would use Chaos Bolts anymore ?_?

As far as Cataclysm goes I agree. It should be a baseline talent and would greatly increase the joy I would be having with Destro. Multi tabbing immolating is really annoying after time and time again
    True, haven't thought that deeply xD Then I'd stick with the X% buff to incinerate :P

The more obvious thingis to do a reduced amount of dmg to targets near your primary target and then increase incinerate dmg by X% so that it evens out but still has ST / cleave application.

Anyone else feel Cataclysm needs a buff?

Comparing to the spriest Shadow Crash makes it feel gimped. Theirs is instant cast, has a 30 sec CD and hits much harder after buffs. Even if you take the immo applied as part of the dmg Shadow Crash still hits harder (taking into account the spriest 25%). The thing that stands out to me to most though is the CD, 30 sec is so much more usable than 45, esp with the timing of add waves in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Evatar View Post

Comparing to the spriest Shadow Crash makes it feel gimped. Theirs is instant cast, has a 30 sec CD and hits much harder after buffs. Even if you take the immo applied as part of the dmg Shadow Crash still hits harder (taking into account the spriest 25%). The thing that stands out to me to most though is the CD, 30 sec is so much more usable than 45, esp with the timing of add waves in NH.
    You are leaving out resource generation in your comparison. in addition to the cataclysm impact + the immolate dmg, theres basically unlimited resources for 15 secs depending on # of targets. That translates to a lot of extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Evatar View Post

Cataclysm benefits from mastery, so it will, on average, do more damage than Shadow Crash even with zero mastery from gear. It also has a much more significant impact on resource generation when cast at multiple targets.

So with the nerf to Sin'dorei Spite, is it still considered a BiS legendary? Considering 15% damage increase isnt anything to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    So with the nerf to Sin'dorei Spite, is it still considered a BiS legendary? Considering 15% damage increase isnt anything to scoff at.
    It's still good. It was never bis for destro or affliction, just demo. Hood for aff and magistrike bracers for destro were their respective bis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's still good. It was never bis for destro or affliction, just demo. Hood for aff and magistrike bracers for destro were their respective bis.
    Sure but seeing as how you can wear 2 legos, that BIS category generally involves 2. Bracers WERE that number 2, but not any more. From what I've seen for 715 its a tie between helm/affbracers and helm/belt.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah by A BIS and not THE BIS legendary I meant one of lol. All good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Sure but seeing as how you can wear 2 legos, that BIS category generally involves 2. Bracers WERE that number 2, but not any more. From what I've seen for 715 its a tie between helm/affbracers and helm/belt.
    From what I've been noticing it seems that AFF in 7.1.5 really needs the Hat and either the wrist or belt to make the specs work well. Sadly with no aff legos I will probably stick to demo since i have the belt and wrist along with 40 pts into the weapon. Where for aff all i have is 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Don't discount Norgannon's come 7.1.5, at least for malefic grasp builds.