Lightbulb Returning to wow , Artifact power catch up?

Hello,

I am returning to wow after a 2 years break , is there any artifact power catch up mechanic for players like me?

Not until 7.1.5, but that's only for alts.

You will get your Artifact Knowledge slightly faster, 3 days/AK instead of 5. That would be it.

Not that I know of. There is one for alts in the next patch, but that is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you can buy knowledge from a vendor in 7.1.5 which will be there soon™
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

If it's the same as it is on the PTR you might want to stock up on resources (and/or blood of sargeras) in advance. The 7.1.5 catch-up costs 500 resources per AK level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post
    Hello,

I am returning to wow after a 2 years break , is there any artifact power catch up mechanic for players like me?
    Sadly no, Legion made the mistake of having no player-arrived-In-the-middle-of-the-expansion catch up mechanics, which Is quite dumb, as you'd feel already very behind If you were returning to PvP, Mythic Raid or just even casually play on a competative level.

People are -still- catching up on their traits, the full traits are being done since I think 2 weeks or 3 from the posting of this comment. But only after New Year's, around 2nd or 3rd will people have their full 25 Artifact Knowledge. And that'll be exactly 4 months and a few days from release... so you'd have to grind as long as that.

Which again, let me restate, Is new player unfriendly, alt-unfriendly, and just customer unfriendly.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post
    Hello,

There is a small catch-up mechanic in place, but it is rather weak. If you ding lvl 110 today, it will take you 3 days to finish a lvl of Artifact Knowledge, where it takes 5 days for older players.

But in 7.1.5, if you can wait that long, you will be able to up to AK lvl 15 instantly, aslong as you have the resourses The patch is proberly ½-1½ month away
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since, you will not be able to get AK til 110. The first thing you should do it level up and start working on your gear. 7.1.5 is pretty much going to come in next month. So, you will be able to buy the first 15 levels of it with resources while you research. Your research times will be about 2-3 days per level beyond that.

The largest delay will be gaining that many resources. You will want to outfit a follower in resource gaining items and have them follow you around.

Now, this leaves you with a huge amount of AP to gain. That will be the one item that is a pure grind. There is no special way to get round that. It requires world quests, dungeons and raids.

So, they are sort of correct in that it's going to take some effort. But it's not as impossible as they make it sound.

i've only just recently picked it up and it hasn't really taken me that long to catch up, i've got my holy staff to lvl 20 and my AK i think is at lvl 5 today.

although me and my bro have our wow accounts on the same battlenet account so, since hes been playing for a couple months longer than me and lots of things are account bound, yeah, i'm kinda lucky, ill be able to blitz that research thing in 7.1.5.

mainly though it seems to be ticking along at a reasonable rate, your weapon levels slow down at 13, its gotten pretty slow for me now but once the next patch comes in i should be able to fly through the 20's and hopefully hit lvl 30 on the weapon at least.

the main time consuming part is doing your offspecs, i got my shadow weapon to 13 and it has 3 relics but their ilvls are way lower than my 880 870 860 holy weapon relics, so your offspecs are always much crappier than your main spec. bringing those upto par will be the most time consuming aspect, so long as your doing quests getting saved to all the mythics and trying to pug normals, you should be able to rake in the ap at a reasonable pace upto, probably lvl 20 where i am, it start taking a lot longer to level up your weapon if your not farming ap constantly.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-12-30 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Sadly no, Legion made the mistake of having no player-arrived-In-the-middle-of-the-expansion catch up mechanics, which Is quite dumb, as you'd feel already very behind If you were returning to PvP, Mythic Raid or just even casually play on a competative level.

People are -still- catching up on their traits, the full traits are being done since I think 2 weeks or 3 from the posting of this comment. But only after New Year's, around 2nd or 3rd will people have their full 25 Artifact Knowledge. And that'll be exactly 4 months and a few days from release... so you'd have to grind as long as that.

Which again, let me restate, Is new player unfriendly, alt-unfriendly, and just customer unfriendly.
    We arent in the middle of the expansion, why would they have middle expansion catch up mechanics?
    Mmo-champ posters are fucking retards

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-12-30 at 04:26 PM.