Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The likely scenario, is that the wife wasn't really raped at all. She simply made it up in order to avoid losing the man she had after having an affair. It would also depend on if she actually named her attacker, and the rapist was in prison. if that's not the case, then she almost certainly made it up.
    That is what I think too.

If she insists to keep the child, not raped !

If she kept the child and husbad left, would ge have to pay child support?
    If the child is born after divorce, no.

If the child is born before divorce, YES.
    He has to be very careful.

It is very painful for the child too.

This is why I saying, if the woman insists to keep the child, she is up to something.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2016-12-30 at 06:29 PM.

I wouldn't be caught dead raising someone elses kid, especially in the circumstances described in the OP. If my wife would rather keep the child over someone they've known and married i'd be furious.

The husband can't force her to do anything, but again if she would choose someone elses child over him then that marriage was doomed to fail anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    There is a whole cuckolding community where guys watch other men bang their wife.
    Which is entirely different from your wife getting raped.

unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.
    ~ Cuckold ~
    the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.
    It's like you're using the same logic that those in Islamic countries use to punish victims of rape for adultery.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

This is why I saying, if the woman insists to keep the child, she is up to something.
    If the husband is not the father, he wouldn't have to pay child support. Most states won't force a former spouse to provide for a child that is not theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Because a man doesn't want to spend the next 20 years of his life dedicating himself to a child that isn't his, based on a situation she didn't want, their relationship sucks and isn't going to go very far?
    IF we are talking about after the rape according to the op setting yeah it would not go far, if the wife don't want to have an abortion for "X" reason, and his mind is of "either you have and abortion or I am gone " then yeah at that moment the marriage wont go far.

I am not talking about how far the marriage would have gone before the rape. Or the reasons the wife or husband could have, I am talking this is the event that has split the couple and the resentment from that splinter will most of the time doom the marriage.

If he were willing to support her wishes or she willing to support his they could get to a compromise (example not having an abortion but giving the kid up for adoption )

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Fourth, I refuse to go back and look for it, but someone said something about 'rapist genetics', and frankly it makes me wish I had a button I could push to blow up the planet, because for the human race to have given rise to someone who'd have that kind of thought is pretty much an unforgivable trespass and the universe is probably better off without us at this point.
    All non-human life on this planet is very thankful that an idiot such as yourself does not have such a button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I fail see how what he said is a "lack of social development". Logic dictates that you don't stick your dick in crazy and if the crazy surfaces after the fact, get the fuck out.
    This is a contender for the most hilariously ironic response ever posted on these forums.

And people wonder why millennials are typically unhappy and unfulfilled; it's no mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    I would leave. The wife has her morals and so does he. Your friend wants to raise his own children, not someone else's let alone a rapist, and if she can't see past that then there is a huge rift in the relationship. Walk away.

I'm also surprised if he's so willing to ask her to abort, or he walks away, knowing she is very religious. Why get into that mess if you aren't as religious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The value of human life is imaginary and can be unimagined just as easily.
    I'm a firm believer in the sense that if we declare end of life when the heart stops beating we should declare life when the heartbeat is detected. With that said there are special cases, that every pro-abortion advocate states, where the mother's health comes into place as well as the fetus itself etcetc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

No. It is not his child by blood and he is not the biological father therefor her husband would NOT have to pay child support. Alimony is a different story depending on the dynamics of the relationship.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Your point, however, is very valid and something anti-abortionist advocates should strongly consider.
    This is why I like to point out the irony of how people classify themselves politically. Progressives really aren't progressive and Conservatives are far from conservative. Abortion is the perfect example of the latter. Someone actually conservative will look at it objectively and realize that abortion is much less of a burden (on everyone) than bringing a child who's the product of a pregnancy no one wanted into the world. Taking it further, it's a fuck-ton cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    This is a contender for the most hilariously ironic response ever posted on these forums.
    How is that? I see no reason why a rational person could come to this conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    And people wonder why millennials are typically unhappy and unfulfilled; it's no mystery to me.
    Well, I'm far from a "millennial" but I fail to see how this is relevant to, well, anything. The onus of happiness is on the individual.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-12-30 at 08:03 PM.

As long as the brain stem remains intact, you can irreparably damage the areas that deal with higher level functioning such that the person who once occupied the body is essentially gone forever, yet the basic biological functions of the body persist. A heartbeat isn't particularly meaningful, even if it can often be used to definitively show an organism is no longer alive.
    Is it before the 1970's again?

I was under the impression that we define death in most developed countries by brain death and not the lack of a pulse anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Which is entirely different from your wife getting raped.

~ Cuckold ~

It's like you're using the same logic that those in Islamic countries use to punish victims of rape for adultery.
    Good thing I'm not talking about rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If she kept the child and husbad left, would ge have to pay childsupport?
    What? Why would he? It's not his.

Deleted
    There is a reason why strict countries allow for abortion in 3 cases: genetical defect of the baby, life-threatning risk for the mother and RAPE. So this woman wanting to raise a rapist's child makes her, in my opinion, insane.

They have so many options. Women fought hard and long for their abortion rights. In such case the child should be aborted and the couple should either try to get their own or in worst case scenario - frickin adopt. Trust me husband would be milion times more content with raising an adopted child than raising a rapist's bastard. That rapist's child is like permanent mark saying "hey you got cucked, now raise my kid sucker", while adopted kid has no connection with either mother or father making it perfectly neutral for both parties.

We are already overpopulated so bringing an unwated child to this world is selfish and sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    There is a reason why strict countries allow for abortion in 3 cases: genetical defect of the baby, life-threatning risk for the mother and RAPE. So this woman wanting to raise a rapist's child makes her, in my opinion, insane.

They have so many options. Women fought hard and long for their abortion rights. In such case the child should be aborted and the couple should either try to get their own or in worst case scenario - frickin adopt. Trust me husband would be milion times more content with raising an adopted child than raising a rapist's bastard. That rapist's child is like permanent mark saying "hey you got cucked, now raise my kid sucker", while adopted kid has no connection with either mother or father making it perfectly neutral for both parties.

We are already overpopulated so bringing an unwated child to this world is selfish and sick.
    You underestimate instinct.

A woman might grow to want the fetus in her due to hormones and how the primal part of our brain works. She could come to love that kid.

After all, it's not the kid's fault.

That being said, I'd want an abortion, simply because the kid would be a constant reminder of this traumatic event.

I guess people are right that, considering it's not his child, he can't do anything but file for divorce. Even if it WAS his we don't give the husband any rights on the matter. That'd be an argument for another time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If she kept the child and husbad left, would ge have to pay childsupport?
    I'd certainly hope not. The whole point of child support is "this is your child, so you are expected to support it." If they catch the awful rapist it'd be charged to him.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-12-30 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    He cannot force her, but since you mentioned he is considering leaving her, that is his only choice.

I wouldn't want to raise a kid that is not mind either, it is also a deal breaker for me

If the woman is that daft he would dodge a bullet by leaving.

the guy is fucked no matter what, even if he leaves and it's not even his child he'd have to pay for it.

that's how fucked up this world is.

If you ever get pregnant, I promise I'll support your right to get an abortion if you want one.
    Have you ever been pregnant? If not you are pulling a Lena Dunham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I imagine I'm going to sigh and regret wasting time responding to you once you explain it.
    You are the Lena Dunham of these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.