Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At this point I'm 100% sure Orlong is just a bored government employee, needs to act "busy" at work somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    At this point I'm 100% sure Orlong is just a bored government employee, needs to act "busy" at work somehow.
    Actually, Im on vacation this week

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    He's a conspiracy theorist. Anything that is AGAINST something, is something he's for. As long as it doesn't support the establishment.
    Actually, he's a standard rightwing authoritarian. You can even tell exactly where he gets his news from, since he often recites it word for word. He is opposed to freedom, personal responsibility, capitalism, and the United States Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Actually, Im on vacation this week
    Lucky you, all while being paid as well correct? We all know you love the government and your cushy job with good benefits, I guess even on vacation you get a bit bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The Indians were allowed to terrorise the police for weeks and in the end Obama caved. But the same Obama ordered a raid and execution of the white peaceful protest of the Bundy's.

Shows his intense hatred for white Americans.
    Yes, Obama hates whites because Bundies drove from Texas to Oregon, to occupy a wild life sanctuary in the name of those who were asking them to stop. Then, after months of giving Bundies everything they want, he personally ordered one of them to violate a road block by swerving around it. Then after months of claiming to shoot cops if they tried to stop them, reached into his jacket and got shot, after trying to avoid a road block. A good guy with a gun, stopped a bad guy with a gun. Blue lives matter?

But, he loves him self some of those redskins. Because their concerns over poison in their drinking water, due to an oil pipeline owned by a private enterprise possibly spilling. They got sprayed down in cold weather and treated like shit, for protecting their property.

No, you are just obsessed with race. If you were not blinded by it, treating both the same regardless of race, there should be a clear difference from protecting your home and trying to take the land of tax payers. When conservation efforts occur, the land is taken for tax payers, not eminent domain that takes the land of tax payers to build pipe lines and fences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Actually, he's a standard rightwing authoritarian. You can even tell exactly where he gets his news from, since he often recites it word for word. He is opposed to freedom, personal responsibility, capitalism, and the United States Constitution.
    Thanks for not calling him conservative! It's a bit annoying when people argue conservation efforts as a liberal ideology.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-12-30 at 05:13 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Always wondered the "well regulated" part. Is a group of hill billies with guns a well regulated militia? Also bear arms. I see no bear arms in the OP!
    The monument designation protects bear arms, torsos, legs and heads in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, Obama hates whites because Bundies drove from Texas to Oregon, to occupy a wild life sanctuary in the name of those who were asking them to stop. Then, after months of giving Bundies everything they want, he personally ordered one of them to violate a road block by swerving around it. Then after months of claiming to shoot cops if they tried to stop them, reached into his jacket and got shot, after trying to avoid a road block. A good guy with a gun, stopped a bad guy with a gun. Blue lives matter?

But, he loves him self some of those redskins. Because their concerns over poison in their drinking water, due to an oil pipeline owned by a private enterprise possibly spilling. They got sprayed down in cold weather and treated like shit, for protecting their property.

No, you are just obsessed with race.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for not calling him conservative! It's a bit annoying when people argue conservation efforts as a liberal ideology.
    he thinks he's a conservative, which is shameful. He's a hypocrite, plain and simple. Most "conservatives" in America are basically the same as Orlong.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Indians were allowed to terrorise the police for weeks and in the end Obama caved. But the same Obama ordered a raid and execution of the white peaceful protest of the Bundy's.

Tell me, what kind of world do you live in when someone takes over a government building armed is "white and peaceful" and unarmed protesters are terrorists?

Sounds like you're just a coward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set em up in front of a firing squad this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    he thinks he's a conservative, which is shameful. He's a hypocrite, plain and simple. Most "conservatives" in America are basically the same as Orlong.
    I'm still clinging to old school conservative values. People like my self, just like actual liberals really, are not represented in American political dichotomy. But, I still prefer the 'neo', befor consevative... keeping hope alive!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Set em up in front of a firing squad this time.
    I realize you are joking. But, the way you kill a flawed ideology, is by letting it fail. Not embold it by giving it a martyr to justify or conceal each failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Tell me, what kind of world do you live in when someone takes over a government building armed is "white and peaceful" and unarmed protesters are terrorists?

Sounds like you're just a coward.
    He might be, but what he posted is not an indication of cowardice, but an obsession with race. I think that's part of the confusion with the whole 'stop calling us racist'. I think people just filtering everything through a color prism, might seem like racism, but without a statement of superiority of race, is it really racist? So, coining a term I've used instead of racist in situations like this. Going with 'obsessed with race'.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I'm still clinging to old school conservative values. People like my self, just like actual liberals really, are not represented in American political dichotomy. But, I still prefer the 'neo', befor consevative... keeping hope alive!

- - - Updated - - -

I realize you are joking. But, the way you kill a flawed ideology, is by letting it fail. Not embold it by giving it a martyr to justify or conceal each failure.

- - - Updated - - -

He might be, but what he posted is not an indication of cowardice, but an obsession with race. I think that's part of the confusion with the whole 'stop calling us racist'. I think people just filtering everything through a color prism, might seem like racism, but without a statement of superiority of race, is it really racist? So, coining a term I've used instead of racist in situations like this. Going with 'obsessed with race'.
    Nah, he's pretty scared of non-whites. It's pretty obvious from his statements. But I understand your point.

Damn it... thought this was about a reboot of Married with Children...

How so disappointed I am...

"Patriot groups and militia movements"? That's a weird way to spell domestic terrorism (well, not so weird in case of militia movements on second thought). And how unsurprising that "super patriot" Orlong is all in favor as long as "ermahgerd Obummer" is a factor. Completely oblivious to other presidents doing the same thing. Some of them, including some republican ones, on larger scale. Also included in the shit show: stating Obama can't do that and screaming overreach when it's perfectly legal and practiced by many presidents in the past, conflating national monuments with monuments in general meaning, conjuring some bullshit rules about how every type of activity will be now banned there and claiming the above is true even when proven otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

in other news obama wore khakis yesterday thus banning jeans which are the true pants of any red blooded freedom loving american.

The government grabbing all public land and forbidding anyone from doing anything on it is not tyranny???
    Public land, by definition, is owned by the government. It's public, not private.

And god forbid we do something to protect natural resources, and take the concerns of the people we stole this land from into consideration.

You do realize that the idea that no one owns anything, and everyone has the rights to everything is communist, right? The Bundy's are espousing communist beliefs that they have the right to land they don't own.

Either way, I hope there's a 2A solution to deal with these terrorists.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Which is why this shouldve been done as an act of congress and not twisting the antiquities act to fit what he wanted to do. This will either be undone by Trump (The act doesnt say a President can remove a monument, but it also doesnt say that he cannot), or the SCOTUS will find it violates the Act
    Except the government can act only in explicitly allowed ways. If it doesn't say POTUS can remove a monument, they can't even if it doesn't say anything about the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Nice #FakeNews, Crybran.

Obama did no such thing. The only person who was killed, was killed because he faced off against police who thought he had a gun, after he tried to run them down in his truck. There was no raid, and there was no execution.

The standoff ended when the protestors surrendered.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The "monument" part is a bit misleading. It can be used to protect any significant cultural, natural, or scientific features. One site protects a lot of archaeological features, like cliff dwellings, and the other protects rock art, fossils, and even fossilized dinosaur tracks.
    Is that entire area littered with any of those things? Its a pretty huge chunk of land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    SO much confusion in your post. Are saying this "overreach" of the presidents already designated power is the main reason republicans are going to be in control of government? Also, what does making land the government already owns protected have to do with throwing up roadblocks? This faux outrage is getting silly.

Edit: Also here is the definition of the Antiquities Act: This law gives the President of the United States the authority to, by presidential proclamation, create national monuments from federal lands to protect significant natural, cultural, or scientific features.
    Trump and Congress will just overturn this nonsense. I cant wait to see Trump give away so much land to energy procurement. We're going to have such a great energy future.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Trump and Congress will just overturn this nonsense. I cant wait to see Trump give away so much land to energy procurement. We're going to have such a great energy future.
    It actually won't be that easy. Trump can't do anything about this without Congress, and Republicans would have to change rules or get quite a few Democrats on board to make it happen. And last I heard, Republicans don't want to get rid of the legislative filibuster.

And the future of energy will be less and less fossil fuels. It will take us a long, long time if ever to completely remove fossil fuels from our energy use, but that's the direction this country is headed in. Coal, for instance, isn't being killed by regulation or hippies. That's a contributing factor, but the primary driver is the market itself. Natural gas is progressively killing off other fossil fuels, and alternative energy is rapidly reducing in cost. Combine that with the public wanting more natural gas and alternatives and less coal and oil, which is a trend that has been steadily growing, and basically what it means it that if Trump does anything close to what he's talked about in regards to energy policy, this these 4 years will simply be a temporary move in the opposite direction from where we're headed afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Lucky you, all while being paid as well correct? We all know you love the government and your cushy job with good benefits, I guess even on vacation you get a bit bored.
    Everybody who works a full time job and has been there at least a year gets vacation time to use