Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nothing really comes to mind. My life generally remains consistent and flat across the board with little in the way of ups and downs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great idea for a thread - we could use a little pick-me-up.

For me, easy call - my son Asher.

I got a job in my field (engineering) which allowed me to leave retail hell. I also completed 6 months of Army training that was mostly enjoyable. Overall good year, nice to be making a liveable wage for me and the wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How are things going? Big adjustments or pretty much knew how that would go?
    Since we have been together for 8 years, and she spent every night at my old apartment any how, we were pretty aware that we wouldn't have issue together. Only complaint I have, is she not a cook. In the passed few months we have been together, she has cooked dinner twice. I have made every other meal because just don't know what she is doing. She has a bit on anxiety, so she shuts down with things like that. All in due time though, I will have her being a confident cook, just gotta keep getting her in the kitchen with me when I am preparing food.

Otherwise, it really have been quite nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I got engaged earlier this year
    Congratulations. Don't know why, but I thought you were already married. But all the same, Great news!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Nothing I can think of really. Been on a slump since 2014 and it's getting worse with each year so I don't think 2017 is gonna be any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    Band got 100% crowd funded by our fans to record and release our first full length album.

It was awesome and humbling how much support we got and the lengths some of our fans went. One of our incentives was for X amount of money you could come to the studio for a day and hang out with us; we had fans drive up from Kentucky (we are Wisconsin based) just to claim this. We've also had representatives from a few different tours reach out to us about hitting the road this upcoming year.

Excited to see what 2017 brings!
    Got any samples? I'd live for music (played in many bands over the passed 20 years, and am currently in two.)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    also watching the hillarites cry on election night was hilarious.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    Band got 100% crowd funded by our fans to record and release our first full length album.

Give us a link of your music!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Congratulations. Don't know why, but I thought you were already married. But all the same, Great news!
    Thank you And no, haven't been married yet, but on the path there ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Not the best year for me. Had to deal with my in-laws for the past 5 months. The good news is that they are getting the fuck out on new year's day. They aren't bad people. In fact they are probably the best in-laws you could probably hope for just didn't like having to accommodate their occupancy. A couple weeks is no problem but 5-6 months is a long time.

The one shining thing for me is that at work we finally hired someone who is worth something. Been working under me for the past couple months and it has been great to actually have someone I can rely on instead of all the other past failures.

Got into one of my 2 top choices for grad programs, where many past graduates have gone on to be quite financially successful. So I'm on a pretty good path doing what I like to do.

If the year hadn't started off with a tragic family loss, then I would have called this one of the better years for me personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

got a steady paying job that works around my college schedule. also finally built my own PC.

Got a full time job.

I didn't get fired so we don't have to move. Yahoo!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Meeting the girl of my dreams, getting her pregnant, and marrying her.. busy year.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Got a new job and bought myself a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    We are winding down to the end of the year, only 1 day left. So in order to end it on a good note, lets have a thread where we share what we are proud of from 2016.

What is the best thing that happened in 2016 for you?

For me, it was finally getting an apartment with my girl friend. Been together for 8 years, and we were finally able to take that next step.

How about you?
    Got married, finally found a smart sexy geeky woman, they are rare in my part of town

Deleted
    i left a job which i ended up hating, with a boss who is/was a complete arsehole, to a job i really enjoy, with a boss who is absolutely spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Meeting the girl of my dreams, getting her pregnant, and marrying her.. busy year.
    congratulations!!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Easy question. Moved out of my nightmare basement apartment ..no more barking dog above me 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about 2016 is the end of 2016.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."