Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's one hell of a shower thought.

Unless you have a serious mental condition, there's no separate entity from yourself in your head fucking with your dreams. A dream only simulates your perception of things, which can be fun, scary, or weird beyond measure.

It's a cool idea to think about, but dreams really are just super elaborate hallucinations really. So there's no reason to be concerned

Reminds me of an Anime I once watched which perfectly captures that "dream feel", so if you're into that you may want to check it out. Here, have a trailer:

If you say it's similar to Inception, that's probably because Paprika strongly inspired it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    So these "beings" are hoping into billions of people's heads, every time they close their eyes and sleep? They don't have anything better else to do? Seems there has to be a better way to suck brain juice out of people.
    They're aliens harvesting information from humans to determine how they react to certain situations to figure out the best way to take over.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Like I said, in the loosest of terms. What else would you consider these other people in your dreams, totally separate from yourself and often seemingly with their own agenda.
    Figments of my imagination.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

They're aliens harvesting information from humans to determine how they react to certain situations to figure out the best way to take over.
    If we have aliens amongst us, they already posses enough knowledge to take over. Afterall, they would have to have traveled light years to get to us and\or open Wormholes or other things we're a 1000+ years away from doing. Unless I guess they are some kind of parasitic creature that needs our host bodies? I suggest you take your finding to the Govt, they'll want to know about this

You're all being deceived. Wake up.
    Get out of my dream, I'm in control here.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, someone ate one to many shrooms today.

Dreams are just the brains subconscious processing information, because when we sleep, that automatic pilot side in our minds causes them to occur, like piecing together new information, past experiences, and imagination into a medley. We can't control this anymore then we can hold off a shit indefinitely.
    #boycottchina

I either don't dream or don't remember them anymore. However, when I did I never felt I was compelled or controlled by anything. I do recall one I had as a child where the cast from the original Star Trek and I were down on a planet and the inhabitants of the planet were turning everyone into little gummy candy coins. I found it quite disturbing at the time. Years later I think as a parent I'm to exhausted most nights to dream or remember my dreams, although it may be due to me taking melatonin for sleep.

Doesn't concern me at all. This is coming from someone who used to control their own dreams. I welcome the challenge that is put forth by my subconscious.

Dreams are worlds that are created and then destroyed and then recreated and destroyed throughout a sleep cycle with the power of our imagination.

It helps to understand that dreams can be come distorted and twisted and once you start down the dark path it is like a death spiral with no escape. The challenge is never starting down that path in the first place which is more difficult than it sounds. It is kind of like thinking happy thoughts without ever letting doubt and darkness settling in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If we have aliens amongst us, they already posses enough knowledge to take over. Afterall, they would have to have traveled light years to get to us and\or open Wormholes or other things we're a 1000+ years away from doing. Unless I guess they are some kind of parasitic creature that needs our host bodies? I suggest you take your finding to the Govt, they'll want to know about this
    Maybe aliens is the wrong word to use. More like extradimensional spirits.

I'm not concerned about all ya'll non lucid dreamer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    I'm not concerned about all ya'll non lucid dreamer
    Why would you even want to "lucid dream"? Normal regular dreams are way more awesome, I mean you can't top seeing the Moon fall down

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine if aliens had the power to infiltrate our dreams they would have the technology capable to wiping us all out in a split second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Why would you even want to "lucid dream"? Normal regular dreams are way more awesome, I mean you can't top seeing the Moon fall down
    Lucid sex dreams are pretty dope

I absolutely can control my dreams, no joke. Not always but sometimes Im aware that its a dream and I take control and do what I please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I imagine if aliens had the power to infiltrate our dreams they would have the technology capable to wiping us all out in a split second.
    They don't want to exterminate us, they want to control us to further their own agendas.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want to exterminate us, they want to control us to further their own agendas.
    But if they can infiltrate our minds couldn't they just.. idk... use mind control

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    But if they can infiltrate our minds couldn't they just.. idk... use mind control
    Well yes that's exactly what it is. That's why we have to use what little bit of free will we have left to regain control of our minds.

And this takes a hundred thousand years? My dog has dreams, you can see the little paws go and then the mouth go. Die, imaginary creature, you are now imaginary food for dogs! Why do these spirits want to take over my dog? Do they not have adequate amounts of urine on their carpet in their dimension?

Maybe I can help. I've been lucid dreaming since I was very young. Early on, I would become lucid and always get very scared and begin to panic. My thought was always "I'm going to be stuck in this dream forever" and the rest of my dream would include me trying various things to wake back up. Over time it seemed I would become lucid easier and easier and I eventually learned if I shake my head back and forth very hard within a lucid dream I'll wake up virtually every time as it causes me to move my head IRL (although much less, but enough to wake me). This allowed me to somewhat relinquish my fear of being stuck in the dream and start engaging and understanding them a bit more. Perhaps that can help you a bit.

Now on to your experience. I can possibly relate a little. When one allows fear and panic to enter them within a lucid dream, those fears will often begin to manifest within the dream somehow. It makes sense, as the dream is a product of your mind, after all. The hardest thing for me to do now, is to maintain a lucid dream. I notice if I start thinking too much, I'll become completely conscious and wake up again. The key is to stay relaxed and not try to do or think too much until the dream feels more concrete (but still enough to not lose your lucidity). I generally don't like interacting with the people in my dreams. Part of me is always worried they are going to turn on me, since they aren't really real and I can't totally predict what they'll do. That fear often manifests into a reality and I find myself waking myself up when things take a scary turn. I don't think there are actually other consciousness in your dream, but when you became lucid, those exact fears and ideas began to manifest themselves in your dream.

In order to conquer your dreams, you must first conquer your fears.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-12-30 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes that's exactly what it is. That's why we have to use what little bit of free will we have left to regain control of our minds.
    but what if we have no free will left and what you think is free will is just the beings making you think that you do? It's too late!!

Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    And this takes a hundred thousand years? My dog has dreams, you can see the little paws go and then the mouth go. Die, imaginary creature, you are now imaginary food for dogs! Why do these spirits want to take over my dog? Do they not have adequate amounts of urine on their carpet in their dimension?
    All beings on this earth must be manipulated to gain full control