Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    Chicago already has some of the thoughest gun laws in the country. Guns are only a symptom of the problem.

Chicago has corruption all up and down its justice system and government. Police morale is low. They don't enforce the law, partly because the judiciary doesn't support the police. Those who DO get caught for breaking gun laws (illegally carrying a firearm) never serve their full sentence and are back on the streets.

It is much much deeper than just banning guns. Enforce the laws we have now.
    Having tough gun laws doesn't matter when you can travel less than an hour in any direction and get plenty of guns with ease. This is why there are gun issues in New York. The guns in Chicago mostly come from outside chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    No they're not. If there's no CURRENT stats, the most recent ones are acceptable. Do you even statistical analysis and debate, bro?
    I mean sure, but I feel like this is a pretty pedantic distinction given that we have years and years of data on Chicago crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Chicago, a lovely place I try to avoid visiting my whole life. Right there next to Mogadishu, Kabul, Mexico City and other nice places.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

My kind of town Chicago is, it's the town that will never ever let you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I mean sure, but I feel like this is a pretty pedantic distinction given that we have years and years of data on Chicago crime.
    Considering he's talking about the current year in terms of violence, using the closest stats in chronological relevance isn't totally pedantic.

It's not like he did anything other than post the stats either. If he was inferring that 2016 was more violent than previous years, you'd have a case that he's being pedantic.

I believe this city was touted by President Obama as a community he once organized. Looks like he succeeded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most dangerous cities in America? Chicago isn't even on the list. Rockford Illinois is. Guess what? No gun control laws in Rockford. Guess that blows the pro gun agenda of this thread away.

The nice thing about Obama leaving office will be the end of the constant bashing of our fine City by people who have never even been here.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rica/91227778/

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most hospitals in the world go into a panic when a gunshot victim is brought into the emergency room, not in Chicago. The US military sends its surgeons to Chicago for training.
    true story, The army sends if SF medics to Chicago hospitals to learn how to treat gunshot wounds.

We also have the goat labs, but people probably don't wanna know about those.

7+ Year Old Account
    Soft on crime Democratic city with corruption and poverty issues.

Deleted
    I wonder if this could be used for a reality show. You know similar to those survivor shows or Bear Grylls. Where people go into Chicago and try to survive for a certain time and such. Better than reality tv, because it is real.

Otherwise, did anyone ever think about the fact that maybe just maybe we should ban hands? Murders are often commited with a variety of weapons or other things. From knives to guns to trucks. Yet they all have one thing in common. The people carrying them out usually had hands. They were using hands to work those tools of murder, they were using hands to bring death and destruction and they used hands for violence.

Without hands most people would have a FAR harder time commiting murder. Not just that, any crime gets significantly harder without hands. Domestic abuse would also be cut down. Without hands physical violence against their partner becomes way harder. As does violence against children, thus cutting down on child abuse. I have no idea why nobody ever made out hands as the root cause of all these issues and started regulating them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I wonder if this could be used for a reality show. You know similar to those survivor shows or Bear Grylls. Where people go into Chicago and try to survive for a certain time and such. Better than reality tv, because it is real.
    Wow I must be one tough badass. After reading this thread I don't know how i've survived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Wow I must be one tough badass. After reading this thread I don't know how i've survived.
    Nah man, you grew up there. You are simply used to it and blunt to the grim reality of your situation. A bit like people with constant pain eventually don't notice it anymore because it has become the norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think "Grim reality of your situation" accurately reflects my living conditions. I don't live in Englewood. You folks got no idea what you're talking about.

We should do what other countries have done that have significantly less gun violence.

No guesswork necessary. We already know what works.

Deleted
    Nice city. Glad we haven't seen rates that high since the civil war of 1918.

Astonishing accuracy by Chicago criminals. Wowza.

A family friend was shot in the head and killed in the Logan Square area this year. My cousin was in the car while he was getting gas and some guys he started crap with earlier in the night drove up. One of them went around the block, got a gun and shot my cousin's friend in the head.

Pretty insane stuff. The south side in particular is out of control.

Edit: I rarely go to the South Side because of the craziness. Surprising to me were the stats for New City. We were just in New City like last Tuesday night- shopping, dinner & movie. New City is kinda awesome. It's very pricey and trendy too.

We were three gals walking around New City from around 6PM to midnight and felt safe as houses. It's a nice area with like an Apple store every other block.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-12-31 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    We should do what other countries have done that have significantly less gun violence.

No guesswork necessary. We already know what works.
    I don't see how increasing the numbers of guns can fix this situation because we know the opposite doesn't work. Both France and Germany have them heavily regulated or entirely banned and are finding that if people are really interested in getting them anyway they do. Might be that some of them didn't know about the laws but then again others found other ways to make up for it. So unless you plan to also plan semi automatic trucks and the likes I stand by my idea of banning hands.

Only way to be sure really, even then we might need to pull the teeth of people so they can't bite either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I don't see how increasing the numbers of guns can fix this situation because we know the opposite doesn't work. Both France and Germany have them heavily regulated or entirely banned and are finding that if people are really interested in getting them anyway they do. Might be that some of them didn't know about the laws but then again others found other ways to make up for it. So unless you plan to also plan semi automatic trucks and the likes I stand by my idea of banning hands.

Only way to be sure really, even then we might need to pull the teeth of people so they can't bite either.
    There are many modernized countries with significantly less gun violence than the USA. They haven't pulled everyone's teeth or banned hands.

This reminds me of the healthcare debate. Many countries are doing it better than the USA, yet somehow conservatives keep running in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-12-31 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    There are many modernized countries with significantly less gun violence than the USA. They haven't pulled everyone's teeth or banned hands.
    And there's many modern countries who have significantly MORE gun violence than the USA despite far more severe laws and others who due to a shift in the mentality of criminals and recent events are finding that many of those laws in place to control guns only really work as long as people actually follow said laws and one can enforce them.

A surprising fact about many crimes is, the guns in question tend to be illegaly aquired and unregistered even in places where guns are strictly legal. The lovely city in which I live has a "weapon exclusion zone" that keeps widening and getting more severe almost by the day in what is being banned. We aren't talking about guns here, we are talking pocket knives, any kind of sport equipment that could be used as a weapon, even props for a medieval market recently came under scrutiny.

And guess what? It's not working! The police still has escalated before forming criminal clans, being down to NEGOTIATING with them and advising people not to push charges. Every wannabe street mugger has an assortment of knives within days of his arrival in the city. Shoot outs are becoming a thing qas clans clash over control over night clubs and drugs (luckily they are terrible shots), teenage members of said clans take police guns from the police and pistol whip them with it as their female partners lock themselves in the police car and so on.

But hey, at least the criminals know nobody else is armed. Which means we effectively handed the monopoly of force to them and got them into a position of power many of them throughly enjoy.

I stand by my idea of regulating hands. Far more effective and you can't get illegal hands from the blackmarket. Would also be a lot harder to keep hidden etc. End crime and violence, remove hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Chicago, a lovely place I try to avoid visiting my whole life. Right there next to Mogadishu, Kabul, Mexico City and other nice places.
    I can't speak about Kabul and Mogadishu. I was in Mexico City last year for a conference. I stayed in Zona Rosa. On the last day I walked all the way from the Castle to the Zocalo... marvelous experience... incredible cultural richness: Colonial architecture, pre-hispanic marvels, 21st century skylines with a huge urban forest; and the best food scene; Mexico City is a paradise for foodies. Walked also around Polanco, Roma, Condesa... never felt threatened.