Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    it's always funny when people try and flair their e-peens while not even having their armory available.
    Very Much this

"im that!" "im this"

Without armory link you are just garbage talking too much guys.

all that good advices...

... and then blizz turn on some knobs (timeframe/effort around 10-20 seconds, to write into database) and EVERYTHING said is nonsens.

damn mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    no, it's just 95% of the wow population bases their views of class balance on anecdotal experiences and think sims are satanic voodoo witchcraft or some shit.
    Nobody disregards sims as a tool to compare specs, but you overestimate its capabilities especially in this question. Here sims do not simply give you the answer. M+ performance which is a rather complex target isn't simmed. Sims are not witchcraft but it isn't the holy grail for every question either and has limitations.
    As long as there is a delta between what sims produce and what is shown in game you cannot simply disregard people saying that they had a different experience and be certain that you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    For rogues its just RNG on poison bombs procs really..
    Assa is getting huge boost to it's cleave in 7.1.5.
    Currently 1CP Rupture ticks for 2x less damge than 3CP Rupture and 3.5x less than 6CP Rupture.
    In 7.1.5 ANY CP rupture ticks for the same damage as 6CP Rupture Currently.
    Also most rogues run Subterfuge so they can Garrote 3-4 targets immediately and Garrote is getting 25% dmg boost in 7.1.5 (with Subterfuge talent).

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Shadow with Shadow crash moving row(no AoE cap and hits like 700k-1mil on ptr currently) and a flat 25% dps increase across the board, should make it extremely good and comparable to most classes in mythic+

Also gotta remember a lot of other classes had there AoE toned down or were nerfed in other ways like firemage losing 10-20% crit
    This is interesting. Comparable to most classes like the average classes or higher tier AoE classes? Shadow crash and the flay shadow word pain target might be awesome. That would also mean all the fotm shadow damage rollers would shift into mythics more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheim View Post
    I can't believe there is no frost DK love here. I'm 877 equipped without the good legendaries and very very rarely do I have people beat me in overall damage done in m+'s. I'm not saying I'm the best player ever and I just find people through the queue so yea sure I'm not playing with the worlds elitist either but still. I will say that the times I am beat is by good dhs and sometimes ww.

I feel you. Im a 883 frost dk with belt and bracers and usually on aoe i m rarely second (usually when a DH with both his BiS legendaries is in group).

Quote Originally Posted by padman View Post
    Currently 1CP Rupture ticks for 2x less damge than 3CP Rupture and 3.5x less than 6CP Rupture.
    Also most rogues run Subterfuge so they can Garrote 3-4 targets immediately and Garrote is getting 25% dmg boost in 7.1.5 (with Subterfuge talent).
    What's the Assassin 7.1.5 cleave buff?

I'm hoping a less RNG Poison bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by pentru View Post
    I feel you. Im a 883 frost dk with belt and bracers and usually on aoe i m rarely second (usually when a DH with both his BiS legendaries is in group).
    Yeah my Frost DK doesn't get beat my many things either. I'm assuming the people who didn't put them on their list haven't really played with any good ones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    What about frost mages? Could they get close to fire, or reach an 'good enough' output?
    Frost has badass cleave. Past that though it drops off considerably. The change to Blizzard lowering the cooldown on Frozen orb will help, but they won't compare to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What's the Assassin 7.1.5 cleave buff?

I'm hoping a less RNG Poison bomb.
    Erhh, he just listed the changes.
    Which are pretty significant, especially the Rupture change. Pushing 3 or 4 low CP Rupture is going to be way better for quick Trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Why is everyone ignoring Arcane Mage. It's better at AoE than fire. Guess I shouldn't tell people that. It's under the radar at the moment.
    This is true. I think the perception that "fire is OP" comes from the massive cooldown stacking mages can do. You can see a mage doing ridiculous numbers on some trash pack and then forget that the same mage struggles on the next pulls. People tend to only remember how other classes do on the meters when their own character gets out-DPSed so the fire mages that do amazing numbers on a few pulls per dungeon but not so amazing overall leave people an inflated sense of mage overall performance.

Plus Living Bomb scales better with target number than any other spell in the game so in the largest target number pulls mages are impossible to beat. But pulls with a really large number of targets are rare and usually consist of such low hp mobs that a mage blowing them up a bit faster than other classes doesn't really make a big difference for the dungeon timer.

Quote Originally Posted by padman View Post
    Maybe a boost in low m+. You're going for 5-6points rupture on higher m+ anyway

Garrote also does 5% of my damage so the Subterfuge change is minor anyhow.

Pre: 7.1.5

I think it mostly depends on the Tank and the mythic+ level.

If all mobs are spread out, a DemonHunter or FireMage can really benefit/lose less DPS with such pulls.
    Are all the mobs propper pulled, sustain AoE DPS from FrostDK/Monk can get crazy high over longer fight durations - very noticeable with fortified.

The highest DPS number @10+ mythics I ever saw from the twitch streamers, are the numbers from Cerli as UnholyDK. Even compared to DemonHunter (890+) with MasteryGearSwap cheating, the UnholyDK number were just insane - with a propper tank (not pulling the mobs away from DeathAndDecay).

I get why players got so many different opinions to this topic, the ilvl difference with sockets/titanforged and the BiS legendarys with +100k DPS can easy create huge differences between characters, with no connection to the class or spec or game mechanics.

Maybe the specs who depend less on legendarys to perform well in AoE DPS. FrostDK maybe?
    -

Melee >>> ranged

DH and WW for melee, BM hunter for ranged. Hard to say who is better overall, as legendarys and relics play a major part in their AoE. Beast cleave relic packing BM hunter, specced for AoE, with a belt and a pet ring will likely blow anything out of the water on pure burst and constant AoE. If it lives for 10-15 secs at least. Single target focused BM will be a little behind DH on burst AoE in general, but very close in the long run. But that depends on add lifespan and dynamics of an encounter. Not sure about WW, as I have not seen many good ones recently (we do not have a WW in our guild, and I have yet to see one do 600-700k overall dps even in BRH).
    In 7.1.5 BM gets further buffs to AoE through improved Blink Strikes (+50% cleave and basic ability damage for pets). That will probably make it first in all scenarios of stacked AoE. Well, if the spec is not gutted damage wise after rebalance.

Look for Shadow Priests to sneak in as a top performer in 715. They're already very strong for long-lived packs, and Shadow Crash is getting some massive buffs that will make it an essential tool for burst AOE.

Rogue and Paladins.

Why? By now almost everyone can deal enough damage for +18, but only a few can actually be sturdy enough to even think to attempt some high Keystones(16+), ie:

Tyrannical BRH (last and second to last boss), Tyrannical CoS, Forti+Raging HoV, BRH.

If you have 3x Rogues or 3xRetri and a Reso Druid you can work hard (and nerd even harder) to dig your way to +20 not giving a f* about the affixes.

I have a curious comparison... How does a BM Hunter fair in general to an Outlaw Rogue in Mythic+? Are both even? Only reason I ask is I really haven't got the time to play 3 classes, have the DH, alts are Hunter and Rogue, couldn't decide what's more ideal. (Loving Survival for the PvP aspect)

If Skitish, then BM hunters by far. otherwise what people said.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    If Skitish, then BM hunters by far. otherwise what people said.
    Ok cool, just watched speedx do nighthold ptr and bm was down the bottom until aoe happened, dang. My hunter/rogue are mainly PvP aspect but the pve aspect would be nice to have also

Deleted
    It depends what type of aoe you are taking about, there's a few very strong classes for mythic plus I've run with so know a lot about
    Outlaw Rogue- Strong aoe, with high scaling and constant but not amazing burst
    Demon Hunter- Ridiculous burst, meh sustain
    WW Monk- Very high burst, decent sustain
    Frost dk- Very Strong Burst with breath and good sustained aoe/cleave, but I believe they have to sacrifice single target for the sustain
    Unholy- Very Strong Aoe/cleave but requires setup
    Affli Warlocks- Crazy Burst but requires setup, very strong cleave
    Fire Mage- ridiculous burst, no real sustain