Thread: Resto 4 piece

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    I think the issue is you don't know what you're talking about.
    It lets you cast a spell that will be doing around 10% of your output 33%+ more, I wonder is that good :thunking:

7+ Year Old Account
    While it's true that HST isn't exactly engaging, that's really not a reason to disregard tier.

Now of course there is always the option of the alternate piece from the raid if you do not care to equip the 4set. Disclaimer: the rest of this ignores non-NH gear and wf/tf procs and all stats are from the basic mythic piece mentioned.
    Out of the 6 tier options, I prefer the chest/legs/gloves/cloak. The stat change from these 4 combined with their alternate non-tier piece is not a big difference (the cloak has a few options, my preference being the drop from Elisande).
    Dropping the alternate pieces for their tier piece changes your stats by:
    Chest: +2.9% crit, -1.4% mastery, -1.5% haste, and about +100 intellect
    Legs: -1.3% crit, +2.5% mastery, -3% haste, +1.5% versi, and about +100 intellect
    Gloves: +1.4% crit, -1.1% mastery, -2.1% haste, +1.5% versi, and about +100 intellect
    Cloak: -0.1% mastery, +0.1% haste
    *The reason for the intellect changes are the tier is base 905 where gear from the first 4 bosses is only 900 ilvl base.

So from dropping the non-tier pieces in exchange for tier(at least the 4set I would prefer) grants you a difference of +3% crit, -0.1% mastery, -6.5% haste, +3% versi, and about +300 intellect.

*Another disclaimer* This will appear different in game due to the change in stats on the majority of the gear and the change in secondary stats on PTR

--------------

TL;DR - More HST is a good thing, for raids and M+. The stat difference is nowhere near enough to make me ignore increased casts on a good spell. To each his own, though.
    Last edited by ItsTiddles; 2016-12-30 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Added tl;dr

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    You'll always want 2pc regardless, it's such a strong buff to your spot heal it's worth 2 pieces. The real trade off is 2 pieces of 'regular' gear for the opportunity of more extremely high HPCT spell casts that are cheap and give you a DR. It's not even a contest, it's a fantastic bonus especially if you have tidecallers.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how this isn't trash and a complete joke of a set bonus,
    HST along with Queen's Decree accounts for 5-7% of my total healing (884 ilvl) on live currently. It will be buff by about 20% comes 7.1.5 bringing it to about 6-8.5%.

HST is on 30sec CD with a 50% uptime. In a 30sec time frame you can trigger tidal waves 5 times just by riptide alone (u will have more triggers if you weave in chain heals, have the riptide leg or EotE talent). With the updated 3sec reduction per tidal waves, you can get 15sec off the CD effectively double its uptime to 100%.

This will bring the values of the 4 piece to 6-8%. Not too bad actually.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 2017-01-02 at 03:40 AM.