Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjeletyven View Post
    Glad to hear that! I kinda just figured out (after 4 beer) that MMO-champion is a site. Ill try to be more active here
    More active and knowledgable Affliction players is always a good thing!

Hi all. I just got the Aff legendary bracers, and I'm wondering if my understanding of how it changes the ST and MT rotations are correct.

ST - No change since I'm still shard starved to play around with effect outside of reap

MT (spread cleave targets that you can't StS) - Spread 1 x UA on multi targets per Reap, pooling shards only to maintain UA on as many targets as possible and never more than 1 UA on a target unless priority dmg is required.

I know the bracers are not as good as Helm, but how does it rank compared to the belt?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raex View Post
    Hi all. I just got the Aff legendary bracers, and I'm wondering if my understanding of how it changes the ST and MT rotations are correct.

ST - No change since I'm still shard starved to play around with effect outside of reap

MT (spread cleave targets that you can't StS) - Spread 1 x UA on multi targets per Reap, pooling shards only to maintain UA on as many targets as possible and never more than 1 UA on a target unless priority dmg is required.

I know the bracers are not as good as Helm, but how does it rank compared to the belt?

Cheers.
    Contagion specs benefit more from wrists than AC, but Without the head I dont know how well a single target contagion spec will preform. For multitarget I think the only thing that changes is that you get way more benefit from tossing out UA's on targets that will die in the duration because of free 4 % dmg/UA uptime. Like odyn small adds, or dread horrors. And when you are shard dumping on 2 targets you want to alternate targets to get both with UA's and potential fatal echos.

These are just thoughts as I do not have wrists currently, And have not simcrafted anything. head>wrist>=waist i think.

Deleted
    Hey, quick question.

Does Reap soul increase 35th trait and so on ? Tooltip isn't super clear since it does increase damage by 10% and doubles all other traits. What "all other" traits would mean ?

Thanks

Deleted
    The logic for Reap seems morelike "it doubles the effectof all traits, except some traits, we'll leave you to guess which is which"

There are for sure some traits it doesn;t double. Soul Flame for example.

I'd be very suprised indeed if it affected the fourth gold, because maxxed out it would increade your damage by almost 30% under Reap.

Deleted
    I should have checked on WowHead before posting (I cannot post link)

Tooltip is tricky but still true according to Wowhead. 35th trait is a flat dmg increase which is already provided by 1st part of Reap Soul "10% dmg increase" to avoid Afflock to become a monster at 54th trait. Then EVERY traits in the artifact is doubled

Quote Originally Posted by Arnachide View Post
    Hey, quick question.

Does Reap soul increase 35th trait and so on ? Tooltip isn't super clear since it does increase damage by 10% and doubles all other traits. What "all other" traits would mean ?

Thanks
    its 5 % for the first and 0,5 % for the next traits going up to 54 if im not mistaken. i have artifact lvl 43 so im 100 % about the 0,5 % part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    The logic for Reap seems morelike "it doubles the effectof all traits, except some traits, we'll leave you to guess which is which"

There are for sure some traits it doesn;t double. Soul Flame for example.

I'd be very suprised indeed if it affected the fourth gold, because maxxed out it would increade your damage by almost 30% under Reap.
    Im pretty sure soul flame doubles. If im not being an absolute retard here i believe its WoC+CH+Soulflame+fatal echos+Harvester of Souls that get 100 % effect buff from reap.

Not sure if they are accurate (haven't played Aff much yet) but the guide says which traits are doubled.

No, the bonus traits (35-54) are not doubled. That would be insane!

Name Plate Stacking

I had this problem when I started playing my alt lock a few weeks ago. My nameplates were overlapping each other and making it really difficult to target anything. I didn't understand what was going on because I had stacking nameplates, not overlapping, set in !Names menu. I watched other warlocks and it just seemed like their nameplates spread out very nicely.

After a lot of digging I figured out that 7.1 had implemented a clamp to screen variable for nameplates. This allows you to see your nameplates even when the mob you are attacking is above the top of the screen. This seems very useful on giant bosses. Unfortunately all the nameplates overlap and collect at the top of your screen if your camera isn't oriented up. This completely subverts the stacking option and makes it impossible to multi-dot trash mobs.

Good news though, you can disable this option with a script or if you prefer with the use of an addon. In addition to this I discovered I could set my nameplate view distance and even change the default distance between the nameplates. It seemed very nice to have my distance set to 40 yards so I knew what I could attack and wasn't seeing nameplates out of my range. But you could also set it very short so you don't accidentally pull something that isn't being tanked near you.

This mod will allow you to stop nameplates from clamping to your screen. And set your view distance. The option is under CVars & Other. https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/flyplatebuffs It also lets you change a bunch of settings for your nameplate dot timers.

If you prefer keeping default UI here's a reddit post that has information about using a script to change these settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tings/d5qmku5/ - Distance and Clamp to screen (topinset/bottominset)

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...gion_settings/ - Distance and overlap

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Not sure if they are accurate (haven't played Aff much yet) but the guide says which traits are doubled.

No, the bonus traits (35-54) are not doubled. That would be insane!

After this, your final point begins your paragonning traits for a free 5% bonus damage. NOTE: THIS 5% DAMAGE TRAIT DOES NOT GET EFFECTED BY REAP
    ^ directly from the guide
    Don't be like haunt guy.

I have a question I recently switch to affliction from demo and was wondering how many legendaries is it possible for a person to get so far I have gotten 3 and they are the non classes specific trash one and wondering if there is a cap on how many you can get or is there a chance of me actually getting my Hood of Disdain

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    I have a question I recently switch to affliction from demo and was wondering how many legendaries is it possible for a person to get so far I have gotten 3 and they are the non classes specific trash one and wondering if there is a cap on how many you can get or is there a chance of me actually getting my Hood of Disdain
    Used to be a softcap after 3 but that's long gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    We now have a TOC bois. Holiday schedule doing work!
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Can't wait to wreak Guarm mythic in 7.1.5. Ideal boss for MG build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    We now have a TOC bois. Holiday schedule doing work!
    "Haunt Now increases your damage done by dots for the duration of the dot. Haunt also now has a 30 second Cooldown." This sentence is written twice in the first post.

Beside that, I'm quite new to affliction and i'd like to thank you for this guide. Well written and easily understandable. Can't wait for your 7.1.5 update.

Got one question though, how does the SoC/Sow changes in 7.1.5 impact us ? More damage than live if you don't take the talent, more damage than live if you take it at 3-4 targets and equivalent damage at 5+ ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayxec View Post
    "Haunt Now increases your damage done by dots for the duration of the dot. Haunt also now has a 30 second Cooldown." This sentence is written twice in the first post.
    Thanks for that, fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by ayxec View Post
    Got one question though, how does the SoC/Sow changes in 7.1.5 impact us ? More damage than live if you don't take the talent, more damage than live if you take it at 3-4 targets and equivalent damage at 5+ ?

Its actually lower on 5 targets, and stronger on 4 and 3 target. The tuning changes are done to make seed more viable when you hit 3 targets instead of 5. At 3 target, Seed does 645% spell damage PER target for 2 shards, while UA is 772% on one target for 2 shards. It basically means that on 3 target, seed is ALWAYS the best choice. This change IS less than 7.1.0, but not by much, and honestly the change to it costing 2 shards instead of one is the most costly change.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Haunt Now increases your damage done by dots by 30% for the duration of the debuff. Haunt also now has a 30 second Cooldown.
    In 7.1.5 Haunt increase all your damage to target not only dots.

What is TOC? And in 7.1.5 Haunt is really that good? Because it's just a 30% damage up, Malefic Grasp can give you 80% and we don't need +1 skill for using

Deleted
    A question for everyone who use Effigy. What stat do you had when first time start working?
    Currently I using phantom (15% crit, 24% haste, 101% mastery), when I tried the effigy, then my AOE dmg was down and my single target also wasn't as high as expected. I dotted the effigy, and spam my UA to the original target. Then I just refreshing the dots. But i did not have time for drain life, because I always had to change the target. So how you ppl manage this to get a very nice dps?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graily View Post
    What is TOC? And in 7.1.5 Haunt is really that good? Because it's just a 30% damage up, Malefic Grasp can give you 80% and we don't need +1 skill for using
    TOC: Table of Contents

I'm not convinced about 715 haunt, i'm sure some people will find a use for it. Likely helping with killing small priority target mobs quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huncyrus View Post
    A question for everyone who use Effigy. What stat do you had when first time start working?
    Currently I using phantom (15% crit, 24% haste, 101% mastery), when I tried the effigy, then my AOE dmg was down and my single target also wasn't as high as expected. I dotted the effigy, and spam my UA to the original target. Then I just refreshing the dots. But i did not have time for drain life, because I always had to change the target. So how you ppl manage this to get a very nice dps?
    at your point crit is going to be much higher valued, to the point that swapping your crit and haste will probably be your go to route.

with gearing you want to focus on items with Mastery/crit and mastery/haste, crit should be higher than haste. Drain as of 710 is a pretty boring / shitty filler that doens't do much damage (5% of your damage at most)
    Don't be like haunt guy.