Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account

WoW Token price speculation

Since legion hit it has increased a great deal. On launch if i remember it was around 40k and today its like 58k.

Where do you guys think it wil do as time goes on; up or down?

- - - Updated - - -

I personally am inclined to believe that most people are buying tokens more than they ever did before since they aren't fully enthralled by what legion has to offer so the price will increase to a point that is silly where the subs will start to take a noticeable hit.

Deleted
    You guys lucky. It's 100k + on Europe,

Deleted
    105k in EU, easy gold so for me higher better

Was buying the token when it was 30-35k. Now that it is 58-60k, forget it. I don't want to farm gold to pay a subscription to farm gold. Will wait until the prices drop before resubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    I personally am inclined to believe that most people are buying tokens more than they ever did before since they aren't fully enthralled by what legion has to offer so the price will increase to a point that is silly where the subs will start to take a noticeable hit.
    I agree. Considering how easy it is to make money in Legion if you actually want to, it's not like people NEED to buy the tokens. Instead, they can just spend the easy to make gold purchasing a token in game, leading to a smaller supply and therefore higher prices, which then will just make it so people decide "Eh, not worth it."

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I don't want to farm gold to pay a subscription to farm gold. Will wait until the prices drop before resubbing.
    Yep, that's exactly how I feel too. I want to be able to do content because I choose to, not because I'm doing it to pay to play the game when I want.

Personally, I was already to that point when the tokens hit 40K, because I remember when they were down around 25K.

I'd love to see Blizzard come out with the hourly rates for America like they had for China. Then I could pop in and out as I please instead of having to pay the same fee when I play for an hour a week or 20 hours a week.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-12-30 at 09:19 PM.

Speaking as somebody who is disappointed by Legion, I highly doubt the reason that the price raised has anything to do with Legion's quality.

It could be something as simple as there's more mats out in the world now due to 7.1's Blood vendor that people don't feel as broke as they did before. Thus, less people buying tokens(w/ real money), which increases the gold value of the tokens already out in the market.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Speaking as somebody who is disappointed by Legion, I highly doubt the reason that the price raised has anything to do with Legion's quality.

It could be something as simple as there's more mats out in the world now due to 7.1's Blood vendor that people don't feel as broke as they did before. Thus, less people buying tokens(w/ real money), which increases the gold value of the tokens already out in the market.
    The blood vendor is something added back into the game that we had for a while with valor points and selling boes and crafting mats from VP. they removed that sometime before the token came out and its now back in just in a different way

In a short run, the token price in gold usually falls a little when new raids are released (like Nighthold in january), but now that they're planning to extend the token to cover all Blizzard services, the release of that feature will make tokens more useful and more expensive, but we don't know the date for that yet.

Also if they decide to raise the cap of 36tokens in 24 months, there will be even bigger raise in prices. And even if the cap will stay, then next summer it will be 24m since the token was released, so many rich people are able to buy again, and that will raise the prices again.

And in the long run when no new content is released the prices have been always slowly rising up because of the remaining players needing less gold and inflation.

Lol. Maybe the prices are indeed higher, but its so easy go get gold anyways. In a month im earning for 1,5 to 2 worth of tokens doing all Cata raids weekly, emmisary daily, all LFR, some mythic+, sometimes call to arms for healer or tank, selling bloods for herbs and then AH, and missions (wtf 1,5k for one mission and there are quite a few weekly) - on my main. And missions on my alt. Thats it. And im still earning more in a month than it costs me to buy a token on AH.

Win win for me. Im playing for free, doing the content I would do anyway, so that I can play for free even more.

Maybe, one day it will be a million billion gold.

Was buying the token when it was 30-35k. Now that it is 58-60k, forget it. I don't want to farm gold to pay a subscription to farm gold. Will wait until the prices drop before resubbing.
    As I recall (Cannot remember), the WoW Token price is based on the EU standard, not USD.

Bellular managed to do some gold calculations through out the expansion using auction and item history values from several places like WoWhead, Undermine Journal, etc, etc...

Seems that Blizzard switch from balancing gold income and earning from the North American players, to the Europe players with Mists of Pandaria?..
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Will spike again if/when balance details are revealed, since you'd be able to buy Blizzard Store directly at that point. Will see a lot of players cash out persay. Might have been the main reason they haven't done it in the past

or just never resub, the people that make the game the worst are the ones that unsub for every little thing.

its about 105k gold in Eu as long as i can get that much gold in one day ( 3-4 hours ) ill be paying + i have about 5.5mill left so its not ike it will hurt my pocket.

But i think it will go to 120k for Nighhold and if they implement that Token exchange for Bnet balance i think it will go to 200k or more

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    105k in EU, easy gold so for me higher better
    You can farm 100k in 2-3 days or so. By "farm", I do not mean farming ore or herbs, it's simply employing the professions.

It takes all of 2 hrs farming to make 60k on NA servers.