Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Gold seems to be less useful than ever though, aside from buying tokens and maybe an odd BMAH thing.
    And buying pots/flasks because god damn they expensive
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    And buying pots/flasks because god damn they expensive
    Guess youre a raider then, I never bought them aside from those self made power pots (1k stats for 1m) for mythic+ and those are pretty cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Guess youre a raider then, I never bought them aside from those self made power pots (1k stats for 1m) for mythic+ and those are pretty cheap.
    Well I am invited to a raid or something like that yes I do go ahead and buy a few. On my server the agi flasks sell for 1k so I will buy about 5 at a time.
    Making gold has become much easier as expansions have gone on and the gold sinks havent been there besides things like that.
    Had they gone ahead and maybe lowered the price of that 2mil spider youd see more people with it and that would be a better gold sink for players
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    They just make it harder to stay?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow token prices are going up because people think they'll be usable for other in-game services, like faction change or server transfer. This led to a massive buyout of tokens from people with large amount of golds, creating a large gap between offer and demand.

Because the price was inflated by this buyout, but the need for monthly tokens didn't go down, this mean that we've just normalized the price to a much higher standard than, say, WoD, in part because golds are easier to come by.

tl;dr: In other words, the price went up because of a high demand in anticipation for future possible services. The amount of players able to afford the new price of the token didn't change even though the prices went up, meaning that the system standardized itself to a new value. Pretty simple.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    see how your logic is horrible let me change the words to prove the complete opposite

when people flock to the game, they buy play time, making the price sky rocket
    as people leave ,they stop purchasing time, and cause the price to fall

see how your example is complete and utter bullshit?

people playing will both buy and sell tokens
    people quitting will both stop, buyying and selling tokens

so the price of tokens means fucking nothing about the population
    LOL...

When people flock to the game... new and returning players alike... they buy game time with cash, not gold.

These same new players are more liekly to buy tokens for $20 to sell for gold. Supply high? Price down.

When same people get sick of this crappy game, they leave. Supply goes down, and the losers still left playing have the gold to buy the tokens.. even as they increase in price.

As I said... Just wait til the end of Legion... as people come back to prepare for the next expansion, they will buy gold and you will see the gold price drop again.

It's really simple, and you cannot show any different.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    People are leaving WoW because legion is shit.

Noone wants to play a game where you have as big chance of progressing as winning a jackpot.
    you should be really bad if u can't progress in legion ( even i who played 6-7 hours/week casually in first 2months managed to progresses alot)

what it indicates is
    less people willing to pay real $
    less stuff to buy with gold
    the inference we can draw from those points is that overall the game is less enjoyable than it used to be

nothing more, nothing less

>playiing Legion for more than a month in 2k16.
    >playing legion in 2k17 LUL.

I havent raided for 4 years now And I quit legion about a month in, Legion is like 5% better than WoD only for no lack of content, but there are other reasons why the game sucks. If you havent noticed any of them you havent paid attention for the last 4 months.