The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Two minute report is also largely irrelevant because you would need to factor in the totality of all bad calls previous to those two minutes. You could be -20 on bad calls all game, but if you got enough shots in and were gifted a +5 in bad calls in the last two minutes, it's still going to look like you were favoured (when you weren't) to the opposing fans.

The report seemingly only exists to piss off fans even if that's not the intent.

And FWIW, the Warriors gave up a 14 point lead with like 7 minutes to go. It's not two calls, one of which literally has no impact on the game, in the last 30 seconds that fucked you over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    You could be -20 on bad calls all game, but if you got enough shots in and were gifted a +5 in bad calls in the last two minutes, it's still going to look like you were favoured (when you weren't) to the opposing fans.
    Sure, but that's not what happened in this game, however.

It's not two calls, one of which literally has no impact on the game, in the last 30 seconds that fucked you over.
    How does one of them "literally [have] no impact on the game"? One was a technical on LBJ, which should have been one free throw, and the other was a foul in the bonus, which should have been two free throws. In a one-point game, both of those would have been completely and utterly relevant.

But like I said, if you want to say that the refs just missed the Durant tripping call, though it looked obvious to just about everyone else, then whatever. But there's no "missed" call on the rim hang. It was blatant and flagrant, and there's really no excuse for it to have been overlooked in a close game, especially in a marquee game like that. He didn't just hang on the rim for a few seconds, he wrestled it like he was trying to take home a souvenir.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

How does one of them "literally [have] no impact on the game"? One was a technical on LBJ, which should have been one free throw, and the other was a foul in the bonus, which should have been two free throws. In a one-point game, both of those would have been completely and utterly relevant.

But like I said, if you want to say that the refs just missed the Durant tripping call, though it looked obvious to just about everyone else, then whatever. But there's no "missed" call on the rim hang. It was blatant and flagrant, and there's really no excuse for it to have been overlooked in a close game, especially in a marquee game like that. He didn't just hang on the rim for a few seconds, he wrestled it like he was trying to take home a souvenir.
    And the tech for curry subbing when he wasnt allowed? Forgetting that one are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    And the tech for curry subbing when he wasnt allowed? Forgetting that one are you?
    Sorry, that was a legal substitution. No technical.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Man all this chatter about that game a week later. To be honest I took a nap during that game. I had no sleep the night before and flew to FL so I was tired. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Man all this chatter about that game a week later. To be honest I took a nap during that game. I had no sleep the night before and flew to FL so I was tired. :/
    That's a shame. It was a good game, late blown ref calls aside.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that's an unbiased recollection coming from a Warriors fan. To be clear, it was an example describing why the two minute report isn't fulfilling the purpose it was designed to, not an indication of the game played between the Cavs and Warriors.

In the sense that him hanging on to the rim didn't provide his team an advantage or provide Golden State with a disadvantage. Yes, it's a rule. Yes, rules should be consistently applied. However, they should be redesigned if they cannot be consistently applied. Hanging on the rim is considered a taunting/showboating foul, and the way these types of rules are designed and applied is inconsistent.

Ultimately, he didn't "get a free point" from hacking a player, tripping a player, goaltending or otherwise actually affecting gameplay. In a one point game after a 14 point collapse, it's a weak argument at best. The missed tripping foul at the end was far far more egregious though not remotely the primary reason for the Warriors loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the sense that him hanging on to the rim didn't provide his team an advantage or provide Golden State with a disadvantage.
    Uh, that describes most technical fouls. Most technical fouls are for non-gameplay unsportsmanlike conduct: arguing, gesturing, taunting, etc.

Yes, it's a rule. Yes, rules should be consistently applied. However, they should be redesigned if they cannot be consistently applied. Hanging on the rim is considered a taunting/showboating foul, and the way these types of rules are designed and applied is inconsistent.
    The rule itself is very simple: you can't hang on the rim at all, except to avoid injury to a player.
    Rule 12, Section IV:
    a. An offensive player who deliberately hangs on his basket ring, net, backboard or support during the game shall be assessed a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul and a $2000 fine.

EXCEPTION: An offensive or defensive player may hang on the basket ring, backboard or support to prevent an injury to himself or another player, with no technical foul assessed.
    Hanging on for a split second after the dunk is one thing. But any motion other than a release and drop should be a clear violation. Chin up: technical. Leg kick: technical. Shaking the rim like you're trying to tear it from the backboard: technical.

In a one point game after a 14 point collapse, it's a weak argument at best.
    It's somewhat amusing listening to all the apologists characterizing it as a "collapse". It took the Cavs 8 minutes to claw back from 14 down to 2 down. It seems that certain people conveniently ignore that the Cavs were only down 2 points 5 minutes before that. So the Cavs "collapsed" for 12 points in 5 minutes before the Warriors "collapsed" for 12 points in 8 minutes.

Why can't people just say that it was a good game? A one-point victory is not reason to brag too much, even if there weren't some late blown calls.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Uh, that describes most technical fouls. Most technical fouls are for non-gameplay unsportsmanlike conduct: arguing, gesturing, taunting, etc.
    I specifically refer to taunting calls. I'm well aware of the hanging on the rim rule itself. My point is this: the way the rules are designed for taunting specifically is inconsistent. Examples: It's taunting when you hang on the net, but it's not if you bump your chest and yell at the opposing bench? Or if you talk trash? Apparently winking is too much though.

It's somewhat amusing listening to all the apologists characterizing it as a "collapse". It took the Cavs 8 minutes to claw back from 14 down to 2 down. It seems that certain people conveniently ignore that the Cavs were only down 2 points 5 minutes before that. So the Cavs "collapsed" for 12 points in 5 minutes before the Warriors "collapsed" for 12 points in 8 minutes.
    Statistically, that's what happened.

http://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/w...gid=0021600457

With 8:17 to go, the Cavs had a 3.4% win probability. They won the game. You can characterize this as the Cavs gutting it out. You can also characterize it as the Warriors collapsing, particularly when Durant goes for 2/10 FG in the fourth quarter after going 9/13 FG in the previous three quarters.

I would say the same thing of the Cavs if they gave up a 14 point lead with 8 minutes to go.

Why can't people just say that it was a good game? A one-point victory is not reason to brag too much, even if there weren't some late blown calls.
    It was a good game, but that doesn't mean it cannot be characterized as a poor effort by the Warriors in the closing quarter. It certainly makes it exciting for the average fan to see a big comeback.

Furthermore, as a precursor to what is highly likely to be the Finals rematch, a win is still pretty big, even in the regular season.

BTW, I don't know if this changes things but to be clear, I'm not a Cavs fan.

Durant has never been a big clutch guy anyways, that's when Stephanie and Clay have to step up.

Definitely should have been a T on Bron, cuz that was very much over the top. I'm cool with it though, the better team won again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I really haven't been watching the games. I just checked this week's schedule but there's not really a game I see that I say I have to watch.

It's kinda hard to be interested since Knicks and Nets are complete and utter garbage. If they were good, that'd be one thing. But them being mediocre really dulls my interest. I mean I like the sport but I don't wanna watch lame games.

Anyway. All Star game is like a month away. You can vote here. 13 days left to vote. I'm guessing if you vote you can win a trip to New Orleans to see it this year. Haven't been paying attention or voting so...I mean, who gives a fuck. My vote didn't count in November so lol now...(jk about politic stuff. Sort of.)

Guess I'll afk and watch football playoffs for the coming weeks.

Btw, note on records/teams:
    East:
    1. Cleveland 25-7 pretty good. Conference favorite for sure, barring injury. I'm not sure if Kyrie or KLove have a big influence.
    2. Toronto 23-10. That's pretty fucking good. I'm assuming they're just regular season heroes but I think they could make it to conference finals.
    3. Boston 20-14. Wow they're better than expected.

Rest of East sucks and disappoint me. Including Chicago and NYK.

West:
    1. GSW 29-5. Wow they're just cruising now. I'm not talking about breaking records but they're doing well. Maybe they'll mesh enough to be god tier.
    2. SAS 27-7. So good. Feasting on worse teams, though.
    3. HOU 26-9. How the fuck are these guys showing up this year and not when Dwight Howard was considered best Center in NBA in his prime?
    4. Jazz 21-13. Look at these fucking guys making it to top 4 seed. That's nice. GJ Utah.
    5. OKC 21-13. Not bad without Durant but I don't take them seriously.
    7. LAC 22-14. (61.1%) Why are they down here? The other teams are just doing so well in West. LAC has to rise even higher. Forever bridesmaid for sure at this point.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Wojnarowski
    Vertical Sources with @ShamsCharania: Atlanta is finalizing a deal to send guard Kyle Korver to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
    Source: https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...67793871355905

Wow. On the other hand, isn't Korver below average defensively?

So is everyone else on that team not named LeBron. Love had the shackles for that overrated point guard on golden state in the finals though, so defense is a bit overrated. As long as whitey can shoot the rock, it's all good.

The rule itself is very simple: you can't hang on the rim at all, except to avoid injury to a player.

Hanging on for a split second after the dunk is one thing. But any motion other than a release and drop should be a clear violation. Chin up: technical. Leg kick: technical. Shaking the rim like you're trying to tear it from the backboard: technical.

Lol. I love your last sentence, perhaps you should take your own medicine and own up to it being a good game. But no, you need to find excuse after excuse to validate their loss.

My thoughts are LBJ was just trying to impersonate Green with excessive leg flailing, which he doesn't get called for enough. Fair is fair, right?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Golden State, wtf was that? Durant also shit the bed in Q4 again:

0/3 FG, 0/2 3P, 5/7 FT, 5 pts, 0 ast, 2 reb, 2 tov

---

https://streamable.com/9nufv

On further watch, this is just an awkward sequence. Durant is demanding the ball for a dumb iso, Curry's body language suggests he doesn't want to but defers anyway, Draymond is fucking pissed in the corner, and Iggy and Thompson have no fucking clue what's going on because presumably, they were going to run a play.
    Last edited by jregz; 2017-01-07 at 07:43 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hes average. You can keep him on the floor vs. Golden state for example. Think about some of the lineups they can run out now.

Kyrie, lebron, Korver, Love and Smith. Or Kyrie, Love, Lebron, Korver and Frye! The shooting on that team!
    So I have to hope Raptors get Millsap or some shit. RIP.

Deleted
    Is Millsap even known as a Lebron stopper? LBJ spreads the floor so much, I don't know if Millsap will be that much of a factor.

Golden State 0-5 vs teams 2-5 in the NBA lol RIP title chances.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I doubt that even matters. I mean unless Lebron gets hurt or soemthing.
    Shhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by draggedintosunlight View Post
    Is Millsap even known as a Lebron stopper? LBJ spreads the floor so much, I don't know if Millsap will be that much of a factor.
    It's not really to stop LeBron. You need an offense to compete with Cleveland because you sure as fuck aren't shutting them down. Granted, Raptors have had a pretty top O this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Golden State 0-5 vs teams 2-5 in the NBA lol RIP title chances.
    Spurs were terrible against playoff teams in 2014. I think that ended alright for them.