Deleted

Monk and Aran Trinket (Flame Wreathe)

(posted same thing for DK)

After first time encountering a Bear Tank with Aran's Crystal and seeing the obscene damage output it contributed on trash I have been trying to get my hands on it. Unfortunately it is near impossible since it is not on our loot table and when it drops people don't want to give it up.

My assumption is that this trinket is BIS for BM and WW as long as we can proc it for any AOE heavy content, primarly Myth+.

It proccs of ranged spells so I suppose

WW - CJL, Chi Wave, SotW (maybe?)
    BM - Breath of Fire? Keg? Flaming Keg?

Anyone have it and can share the experience?

using a mastery trinket is stupid anyways for ww

bm dno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    using a mastery trinket is stupid anyways for ww

bm dno
    hardly stupid when the proc can easily account for like 30% of your dmg on aoe

Deleted
    Trinket was nerfed to the groud for tanks exactly that reason @quizzlemanizzle

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

yet the other 70% benefit mainly from agility

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    yet the other 70% benefit mainly from agility
    Assuming the 30% dmg from trinket is true, this comment is pretty stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    Assuming the 30% dmg from trinket is true, this comment is pretty stupid
    Never tried it on BrM but it's pretty impossible to account for 30% AoE damage if you're WW
    The wreath damage is lower than a single FoF tick

I do M+ with a Bear tank that has Flame Wreath trink and the Medivh insignia chest, it does so so so much damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    Trinket was nerfed to the groud for tanks exactly that reason @quizzlemanizzle
    Pretty sure it was not, It was only like 2 weeks ago that I had a bear druid in group with me for Nightbane and he was doing insane dps thanks to the trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Never tried it on BrM but it's pretty impossible to account for 30% AoE damage if you're WW
    The wreath damage is lower than a single FoF tick
    BM Hunters have a good AOE as well and still it does a significant % of their dmg.

Deleted
    It seems absolutely terrible. I just got it and it is most often around 5% of damage done, and that's on multiple targets

Pretty sure it was not, It was only like 2 weeks ago that I had a bear druid in group with me for Nightbane and he was doing insane dps thanks to the trinket.
    as a bear with this trinket - its been nerfed to hell. not just in my experience, but from the majority of tanks in the druid discord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bonktlm View Post
    It seems absolutely terrible. I just got it and it is most often around 5% of damage done, and that's on multiple targets
    Even 5% would still be very very good. Most trinket procs only account for 2% or less.

Deleted
    is that so? how is it compared to bloodthirsty instincts or angerboda for example. Feels like they'd do more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bonktlm View Post
    is that so? how is it compared to bloodthirsty instincts or angerboda for example. Feels like they'd do more damage.
    Angerboda is not even one of the good trinkets for AOE.

According to the monk spreadsheets an 865 BTI is about 43k dps compared to not wearing any trinket in AOE situations, something like 8-9% in total.

Hard to say without concrete numbers on the proc since the trinket also has Mastery.

But when you check logs it does 5% on single target already for BM Hunters doing 414k dps on Guarm, one of the log I found. 10% on Helya for some Mage logs I checked and Helya still is not AOE heavy compared to a Myth+ dungeon.

Pretty sure the Ruby would be BIS as long as we can consistently proc it which I am not sure we can as WW. But as BM it seems interesting and potentially far higher dmg%.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2017-01-04 at 05:19 PM.

^ A point of Agility is worth almost 2 points of mastery for ww, I think no one should ever use a non-agi trinket unless the effect is extremely OP, which is surely not the case for this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    ^ A point of Agility is worth almost 2 points of mastery for ww, I think no one should ever use a non-agi trinket unless the effect is extremely OP, which is surely not the case for this one.
    Um last time I simmed this is not even close to the truth. Agi is worth more than Mastery but not 2:1.

And the effect on the trinket is extremely OP if you can proc it.

Um last time I simmed this is not even close to the truth. Agi is worth more than Mastery but not 2:1.

And the effect on the trinket is extremely OP if you can proc it.
    At least on my char, a point of agi is worth 12.9 and a point of mastery 7.1, that's pretty close to 2:1.

Deleted
    Actually I am BRM, sorry I wasn't clear with that. I just got the chest and will be giving it some more tries. Is there any way to figure out a rough estimate of how much of a % increase others trinkets are?

Outside of rare heavy movement and high proc occasions anything above 10% is incredibly high.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I could be totally wrong, but what I heard about the nerf was that this only procs on ranged abilities now. I do not have one, but one of my guildies as a Ret paladin used to do absurd about of damage from this trinket until the nerf.