Poll: Is she someone in disguise

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    we need some Light baddies here and there to believe it.
    Archbishop Benedictus? (Even if it was dumb). But the Emerald nightmare dialogue sheds some light on the old gods plans though. The "dark side" is deffo connected to the OG, and the dark side of the naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    Archbishop Benedictus? (Even if it was dumb). But the Emerald nightmare dialogue sheds some light on the old gods plans though. The "dark side" is deffo connected to the OG, and the dark side of the naaru.
    Benedictus went shadow, didn't he? Not really a 'Light' villain. And yes, I am curious to see what relation Void Gods play into the new lore on the Void we got with Chronicle. I mean, it seems unfair that Naaru, the strongest beings of Light, are constantly in a cycle of Light and Shadow, but Void Lords are always shadow and evil. That creates a huge imbalance of Light and Void, two forces supposedly in equilibrium.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope she's not. I want a raid boss made out of her and whenever we keep attacking her she mostly just whines "YOU AWFUL PEOPLE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    Which is crap, cause a slaver trying to conquer what remains of a planet using super demonic powers and a fel-powered army probably kinda needed to die. He may as well have been proto-Garrosh or somesuch.

Didn't the Naaru also basically tell us to do it, anyway?
    Well, thats your view, but if you read the book 'Illidan' his side is a lot less slave mastery and a lot more Anti-heroey. In BC we did the wrong thing because we did not understand what he was doing and we blindly listened to Maiev about how evil he was. In fact, the main thing Illidan was doing in Outland was creating the Illidari, and now we need their help hence us not throwing them all back in prison.

Illidan crossed a lot of lines he probably shouldn't have, but everything he did was to stop the burning legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I hope she's not. I want a raid boss made out of her and whenever we keep attacking her she mostly just whines "YOU AWFUL PEOPLE!"
    "Oh look, it makes noise when I beat it" ~Rakeesh, attacking O'ros.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    Well, thats your view, but if you read the book 'Illidan' his side is a lot less slave mastery and a lot more Anti-heroey. In BC we did the wrong thing because we did not understand what he was doing and we blindly listened to Maiev about how evil he was. In fact, the main thing Illidan was doing in Outland was creating the Illidari, and now we need their help hence us not throwing them all back in prison.

Illidan crossed a lot of lines he probably shouldn't have, but everything he did was to stop the burning legion.
    Crossed a LOT of lines. And there were literally Naaru in the Illidari starting cutscene. They were at the Black Citadel when we went in to kill him, so it's... Kinda dumb that we'd bring him back, OR need to redeem ourselves for it.

Anti-hero with good intentions doesn't give him the rights to do most of what he did in Outland, I think. Waging a war on Shattrath and the Sha'tar, and telling Vashj to drain all the water from a swamp doesn't seem like it'd help his case at all. Much less keeping the Broken and Akama under lock and key for reasons. And before all that, WCIII paints him running to Outland and that the whole building an army thing was to save his own ass.

Dude was kinda a tyrant out there.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Benedictus went shadow, didn't he? Not really a 'Light' villain. And yes, I am curious to see what relation Void Gods play into the new lore on the Void we got with Chronicle. I mean, it seems unfair that Naaru, the strongest beings of Light, are constantly in a cycle of Light and Shadow, but Void Lords are always shadow and evil. That creates a huge imbalance of Light and Void, two forces supposedly in equilibrium.
    Well, he fits the naaru as a metaphor rather well, as he was both. A quote from the man himself; "There is no good. No evil. No light. There is only power!"

If Naaru are so powerful why cant they fight back?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If Naaru are so powerful why cant they fight back?
    "Do not burden A'dal with petty inquisitions, <class>. That just might be the most powerful being you ever come face to face with." This is coming from Khadgar. KHADGAR. The guy was apprentice to Medivh, fought Sargeras, and is definitely no pushover himself, and he vouches for the power of the naaru.

"Do not burden A'dal with petty inquisitions, <class>. That just might be the most powerful being you ever come face to face with." This is coming from Khadgar. KHADGAR. The guy was apprentice to Medivh, fought Sargeras, and is definitely no pushover himself, and he vouches for the power of the naaru.
    Khadgar is a weak mage, in fact his role in legion should be to Jaina, Thrall or Tyrande, he only killed medivh with lothar and garona and was defeated by ner'zhul in draenor, he now after years have raw power of arcane but he is still a wizard that only cause more trouble(see cordana and how the legion have come with the AU Guldan).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Khadgar is a weak mage, in fact his role in legion should be to Jaina, Thrall or Tyrande, he only killed medivh with lothar and garona and was defeated by ner'zhul in draenor, he now after years have raw power of arcane but he is still a wizard that only cause more trouble(see cordana and how the legion have come with the AU Guldan).
    Not sure if trolling.

He is the person that teleported Dalaran to the Broken Isles, so we can start our assault with a central control station. He didn't bring Gul'Dan, Wrathion did that. Khadgar was the one that did everything he could to weaken Gul'Dan (else we would've had our doom coming with Draenor already). He did a ton of crap in Draenor. In Legion not as much as his potential allows, but he already said he doesn't want to act alone, he wants us to work together. He is infact the best leader Azeroth has right now. He also reunited Alliance and Horde to venture Dalaran together. He may not be as powerful as a Guardian would be (although we don't know that), but he certainly is the biggest peacekeeper with focus on the true threats.

I think it would be a beautiful lore moment if Xera turned out to be Kil'jaeden. I don't think it'll happen, but my god it would be glorious, especially considering how cliche and lame it's currently shaping up to be.

With the reveal of Gul'dan's death at the end of Nighthold, it stands to reason that Kil'jaeden could have benefited greatly by turning the Alliance and Horde again what was little more than a disobedient pest. If there's one personality trait that seems strong with Ki'jaeden, it's that he doesn't tolerate disloyalty and the audio drama showed that Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden had anything but a friendly relationship. Combine this with the Legion seeming to have a plan for Illidan himself and this whole "accident" returning Illidan to life, and the fact that he then promptly intends to deliver us onto Kil'jaeden's doorstep, and sensibility would definitely point to him being Xera, if anyone.

And also...I find it kind of annoying that I don't think in the history of WoW, the Legion has never successfully duped the playerbase. Even more than the Scourge, the Legion is infamous for being underhanded and turning allies against each other. What better way to show this than by manipulating the player themselves?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    According to the mmo-champ community pretty much everyone is disguised as everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yeah Theramore, I think she's some ancient evil in disguise. Much like Jaina is a Dreadlord and Sylvanas is actually possessed by the Warcraft equivalent of Belzebù.

In all seriousness though (because this thread is really serious) I'll vote Cheese Pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    Not sure if trolling.

He is the person that teleported Dalaran to the Broken Isles, so we can start our assault with a central control station. He didn't bring Gul'Dan, Wrathion did that. Khadgar was the one that did everything he could to weaken Gul'Dan (else we would've had our doom coming with Draenor already). He did a ton of crap in Draenor. In Legion not as much as his potential allows, but he already said he doesn't want to act alone, he wants us to work together. He is infact the best leader Azeroth has right now. He also reunited Alliance and Horde to venture Dalaran together. He may not be as powerful as a Guardian would be (although we don't know that), but he certainly is the biggest peacekeeper with focus on the true threats.
    Are you blind or have problems with the memory? Dalaran was moved by the entire council which have the ex dragon aspect(also the most useless of them) Kalecgos and the spell take a whole week. And are you forgotten that shity wizard use the weapons of his enemy so bad that end backfire him, we have a lot of moments in draenor like after you collect all of the Stone of Highmaul he find Guldan localization to just get stabbed by Garona and almost get killed and after that using the orb of dominion to free garona to only get his bodyguard Cordana to be enslavement by Gul'dan and the first of all things, he decide to free Guldan at the start of WoD instead of killing him, Wrathion cause the problem but Khadgar only get shit even worse, I like the dude with his personality and his goofiness but him at charge as the main character who coordinate the forces of azeroth against the legion is a dumb move, is like to put at charge Spider-Man against the army of Thanos, I won't feel sorry to see another character kicking his ass for his incompetence and get his role(Turalyon and Alleria would be great options) or Thrall/Jaina being the protagonist with Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande, Sylvanas, Baine, Lor'themar and maybe Anduin, Maiev, Bolvar, Odyn as side characters in the arc of the death of sargeras or against the void lords.

I dont really believe that its someone else or something else.

Xe'ra is an odd fish but to be far it's one of the few Naaru that actually interacted with us without any perceived mishaps or misleading prospects.
    She was one of the first which might explain her off-ness, she's apparently geared up to shit we are not privy too. Look no further as we why we couldn't understand several things related to Azeroth only to have the bombshell of it being a titan to go "oh, that... that clears that up a lot".
    My guessing is it is going to be one of those moments.

A'dal and Xe'ra don't see "eye to eye" either.
    Xe'ra tells off non-illidari for going against Illidan, while praising illidari for siding with Illidan. I wouldn't quite understand Kil'jaeden doing that considering well KJ and Illidan aren't the bestest of friends with their track records. What does he gain for grooming the illidari when they hate Legion?
    Admittedly we are going to Argus and probably on ships, Exodar was a ship so it is in relation to that with Naaru too. It's just going to be fishy till they decide to sprinkle the exact information to piece it.

10+ Year Old Account

This guy is my prime suspect. Only he has the Energico to pull it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Are you blind or have problems with the memory? Dalaran was moved by the entire council which have the ex dragon aspect(also the most useless of them) Kalecgos and the spell take a whole week. And are you forgotten that shity wizard use the weapons of his enemy so bad that end backfire him, we have a lot of moments in draenor like after you collect all of the Stone of Highmaul he find Guldan localization to just get stabbed by Garona and almost get killed and after that using the orb of dominion to free garona to only get his bodyguard Cordana to be enslavement by Gul'dan and the first of all things, he decide to free Guldan at the start of WoD instead of killing him, Wrathion cause the problem but Khadgar only get shit even worse, I like the dude with his personality and his goofiness but him at charge as the main character who coordinate the forces of azeroth against the legion is a dumb move, is like to put at charge Spider-Man against the army of Thanos, I won't feel sorry to see another character kicking his ass for his incompetence and get his role(Turalyon and Alleria would be great options) or Thrall/Jaina being the protagonist with Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande, Sylvanas, Baine, Lor'themar and maybe Anduin, Maiev, Bolvar, Odyn as side characters in the arc of the death of sargeras or against the void lords.
    What the hell did I even read?

Khadgar is the one pulling the strings. If we didn't free Gul'Dan at the beginning of WoD, the Iron Horde would've overrun Azeroth with the Dark Portal. Khadgar saved Yrel who helped us kill Archimonde alongside him. Khadgar is FREE of corruption, a leader we can rely on when things get dark and it's hard to trust someone, you know how much willpower it takes to deny the spot of Guardian? Not only that but he is the one that keeps peace between the Horde and Alliance the most. If not for Khadgar, the feuds between Horde and Alliance would be much worse and we'd not be able to fight the Burning Legion as we are now. Khadgar has a super library of knowledge stored in his brain and I'm pretty sure we've only seen a glimpse of his actual power. HE WIELDS ATIESH most of all.

Thrall has reached his Peak in Cataclysm. In MoP he didn't do shit and in WoD he couldn't do shit (besides killing Garrosh which he shoulda done much earlier). Now Thrall faints at the sight of Demons and loses against them in a 1v1 duel (Shaman order hall questline). He even gave up Doomhammer. Thrall has an immense respect from both Horde and Alliance and knows how to negotiate peace, but his current powerlevel is horrible.

Jaina is truly powerful. She could probably oneshot most powerful npcs atm. Idk if she could beat Khadgar (again, he wields Atiesh, Staff of the Guardian). She has a very high understanding of arcane magic and well, that's it. Since the incidents on Theramore, she has gone batshit crazy. Her Soul is so tormented, we wouldn't even be able to predict what she does next. For all we know, she has already been corrupted by an Old God or the Fel. She's not even appeared since the beginning of the demon Invasion. Who knows what she's up to? All we know is she despises the Horde and would wipe them out in an instant if not for peacekeepers like Thrall, Khadgar and Kalec. I wouldn't want to follow someone as crazy as Jaina as a member of the Horde and this Invasion requires the assistance from both factions combined.

Illidan is not to be trusted yet. We must see his true intentions after his return. Malfurion has almost been corrupted and failed many times while trying to save people in the Emerald Nightmare. Tyrande is blindly following Elune's wish and easy to corrupt. Sylvanas is obsessed about valkyrs whilst feuding with Glenn Greymane. Baine is a strong leader, but not far enough to lead alliance and Horde. Same goes for Lor'Themar Theron. Anduin has not been moving away from his throne since his Daddy died. Maiev is obsessed about Illidan. Bolvar idk much about atm. Odyn is ignorant and only does what he thinks is right, I also have a theory that he will be a villain at some point.

Turalyon and Alleria are both stranded on Argus and need OUR help. Turalyon even sent us Light's Heart (atleast that is what we know so far) because it's not safe with him anymore or something. Turalyon and Alleria are both on Argus, but we don't know if they are still alive/uncorrupted. If they are live and well, they could probably lead us, since they are members of the Army of Light. However, we don't even know their intentions yet and how much they still care for Azeroth.

None of the People you mentioned have the ability to lead us, yet. Khadgar is one of the only People on Azeroth I would believe in doing the right Thing. Not just based on raw power (which he might indeed have a lot) or decision making. Just because of his sanity, his peaceambitions and his wide array of knowledge.

If Thrall gained more self-confidence and found back to former power, I could see him leading us. Same goes for Jaina, if she came to senses again and worked together with the Horde.

The best leader both factions had, was Varian Wrynn (after he started trusting the Horde), but he died. Horde player here btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    Khadgar is the one pulling the strings. If we didn't free Gul'Dan at the beginning of WoD, the Iron Horde would've overrun Azeroth with the Dark Portal. Khadgar saved Yrel who helped us kill Archimonde alongside him. Khadgar is FREE of corruption, a leader we can rely on when things get dark and it's hard to trust someone, you know how much willpower it takes to deny the spot of Guardian? Not only that but he is the one that keeps peace between the Horde and Alliance the most. If not for Khadgar, the feuds between Horde and Alliance would be much worse and we'd not be able to fight the Burning Legion as we are now. Khadgar has a super library of knowledge stored in his brain and I'm pretty sure we've only seen a glimpse of his actual power. HE WIELDS ATIESH most of all.
    I think you are giving her too much credit. She is pretty damned powerful for a HUMAN mage, but most elven magi would wreck her in any magical contest. Khadgar is completely out of her league as well.