Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol your looking at ghostcrawler's tweets and saying he speaks for blizzard? cute...
    It's still not wrong though. And he isn't the only one that's said it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I disagree. It hasn't saved anything. The game has been in an overall decline since LFR was introduced. (edit, not saying LFR is the only reason, it isn't, the age of the game is also a big factor) The game peaked without LFR and did well for 6 years without the majority of people seeing every raid encounter.

What started the decline was them removing essentially any chance at casual/pug raiding in Cataclysm, and also vastly reducing the amount of non raid content in the same expansion.

LFR was a bandaid fix, and a poor one. It is one that would be hard to remove now, I agree, but if flex was introduced instead of LFR, I think the game would be in a better state.
    if flex was intr... dude flex is in the game its called normal... ever heared of wod? flex becmae normal, normal became heroic, heroic became mythic
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if flex was intr... dude flex is in the game its called normal... ever heared of wod? flex becmae normal, normal became heroic, heroic became mythic
    Instead. As in in Cata. And LFR never came into being.

7+ Year Old Account
    Instead. As in in Cata. And LFR never came into being.
    and so whats the difference between the two?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is entertainment, and is far cheaper than most things
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

7+ Year Old Account
    So paying 50 cents(USD) a day to play a game is expensive?

I prefer sub games, f2p always brings huge restriction problems and you end up paying much more than you would with a subscription. What you want by this claim is others to pay the development of this game for you.

>2016
    >not paying wow with gold

7+ Year Old Account
    wow is already f2p with tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >2016
    >not paying wow with gold
    If ppl wouldn't pay with money, you would not be able to pay with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off
    Casual =/= LFR only.

I personally play semihardcore atm
    So you're semi-casual, then?

On a more serious note, elaborating on what I said initially: being "casual" does not mean the player only does LFR and that's it. It doesn't. Casuals also raid normal. Casuals also raid heroic. Casuals also do arena PvP. Rated BGs. Everything.

They've also said they regret making LFR what it is and thought flex when it came out (easier, flexible, cross server raid mode, essentially what normal is now) should have been what LFR is.
    That was said by one guy who no longer works for blizzard and never spoke on all of blizzards behalf.

Legion was the PERFECT time to remove LFR and they didn't. They double downed on LFR and this alone speaks a lot on how much LFR is needed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off [snip]
    What you're talking about does not sound like a casual. Most casuals do everything else (Old dungeons, heroic runs, pet/mount collecting, gold farming, ect..) than just raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Oh, this thread again..

No game, in the history of games, have EVER benefitted from going from pay2play to free2play.. NOT A SINGLE ONE...

Free2play is the last step, before the game dies, speeding up the process..
    Except Tera, Aion, Neverwinter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Finding a job nowadays isn't as easy as you make it sound. Those kinds of answers are rude.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind elaborating on that? Or, perhaps are you just regurgitating lies because you don't know better?
    oh no the casual scrub that wanted lfr to drop same gear as mythic is back with a vengeance.

I reckon maybe 1-60(or even lvl70/80) should be free, seeing that its old content, but its enough content for free players to get their teeth stuck into and learn enough of the game/their class to move on to current content. Plus that creates more active players playing through old content again, becoming relevant to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    I reckon maybe 1-60(or even lvl70/80) should be free, seeing that its old content, but its enough content for free players to get their teeth stuck into and learn enough of the game/their class to move on to current content. Plus that creates more active players playing through old content again, becoming relevant to a degree.
    Honestly I'd go even further than that. It'd need some investigation to see how it'd actually hold up, but I reckon that if you take people right up to before the current expansion that they're more likely to convert to sub given that they're so close and a bit more invested in their character.

F2P current expansion though, I just don't think it'd work. The game isn't made that way.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-12-31 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    If ppl wouldn't pay with money, you would not be able to pay with gold.
    those people arent crying about the need for wow to be f2p because they have the money to pay for their subscription and for tokens

make it free up to 100 (it will serve as trial basically , put some limittations like general talking /trading ), WoW will eventually become F2P or B2P to survive ,but that will take a while. Sub MMORPGS are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off
    You're paying for access. What you do with it is your choice.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Game should be designed to be f2p from start. Converting p2p game into f2p may be hard if even possible. And WoW works good as p2p game.