Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    No worries, everyone can miss some lore related thing, and more so if you only leveled one character. After the 5th I assure you you know the friggin' lore XDXDXD
    Yeath that happens when the people dont want to read quest, for that reason i highly recommend addon with add some animation like the garrison(some kind of cutscene) when you interact with a npc, i dont remember the name of the addon right now but surely in lore addons would appear

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    How is this shoddy writing?
    I actually think it's good storytelling in this case.
    agreed, it's one of the best story pieces in legion and wow for that matter, since legion actually has the best stories to date in all of wow, - I mean in-game stories ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Could anyone please clarify something about them?
    At first, Farondis' people condemned and despised him for his rebellion against Azshara which ended up with all of them becoming cursed. Then, 10k years later, they observe Farondis refusing to swear allegiance to her (thus effectively giving up the only chance for their curse to be lifted) and attacking her instead. That action, for some weird reason, won Farondis' people over back to his side. Am I missing something or does this story make no sense at all?
    I mean If I were against my superior's rebellion which turned me into a cursed ghost, why would I suddenly respect him for doing the very same thing 10k years later? For giving up my only opportunity to be released from the curse by saying "These guys are too proud to kneel to you!"?
    This isn't quite accurate. It was mostly only one person who didn't side with him in his rebellion: Vandros (who oddly then sided with Suramar and became Nightborne as the final boss in Arcway). Vandros went and tattled on him to Azshara who came and shattered the tidestone. The people hate him because his rebellion cursed them. They respect him now because he actually accomplished something and realized they were dicks for blaming him for their curse when it was really all Vandros's fault.

While it could very well be shoddy writing, I always interpreted it like this:

Prince Farondis rebelled against Azshara, Azshara killed them all and damned their souls. Everyone came to blame Farondis for his mistake, sure, but the Court of Farondis is clearly in opposition of the woman who murdered them. Unlike the other more confused and anguished souls, the Court of Farondis night elves even have the clarity after thousands of years to ask for the help of a living adventurer.
    They likely despise Azshara by now considering she didn't stop at killing them but also thought it would be a cool idea to trap their souls as well, but highborne night elven culture also enforced the fact that Queen Azshara was an untouchable, perfect, almost godlike ruler. In the night elves' eyes, Farondis raising a hand against Azshara was equivalent to someone spitting in the face of god.

Deleted
    Blizzard's fault for bad story writing there