Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The point is that left-wingers need to move towards universal ideas. Such as "all lives matter". Instead of falling into identity politics such as with BLM.
    You're still have the wrong idea about left-wingers being a single ideology or group.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'm calling out how iditioic it is to generalize the left as just 1 party/ideology, but whatever.
    Another bullshit thread about the 'left', I see.
    You complained about "Another thread," you don't like seeing the content of. That is fine, feel free to create threads that praise whatever ideas you have. Sing those praises from the rooftop, its a "free"-ish Open-ish forum, go on and discuss whatever ideas YOU think are worth posting. I will not stop you. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You complained about "Another thread," you don't like seeing the content of. That is fine, feel free to create threads that praise whatever ideas you have. Sing those praises from the rooftop, its a "free"-ish Open-ish forum, go on and discuss whatever ideas YOU think are worth posting. I will not stop you. :3
    No, I criticized the idea of how a lot of people view the left wing.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I don't disagree with the arguments as framed but to pin this as a problem of the entire left is reaching. It's not even a problem occurring only within the left. If you've ever heard of horseshoe theory in politics, this is a problem at either end of the shoe.

Edit: Gonna go ahead and get Godwin in here early and say the left tip of the shoe is Stalin and the right tip is Hitler for reference.
    Not really, no.

The right answered the Wall Street fiasco with the Tea Party. Views were diverse, but their economic vision was pretty coherent and was the link to the chain.

The Left had no such answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're still have the wrong idea about left-wingers being a single ideology or group.
    Anyone who is in a center-left party or further left wing party is in the left of center group.

7+ Year Old Account
    The point is that left-wingers need to move towards universal ideas. Such as "all lives matter". Instead of falling into identity politics such as with BLM.
    I think Fukuyama's point is that the Left is too diffused on its core issues.

All these issues, BLM, Mansplaining, genericy Feminism, Latinx whatever, are all so critical but they are all "equally critical," so each one is absolutely positively important. You get a breakdown of intersectional fights over who is the most important, whose issues are critical and it becomes painful to watch Lefty discussions about that because how do you decide what ethnic groups issues are the single most important thing ever?

For example, which wins out? An absolute commitment to end rape culture and overthrow Patriarchal systems? Or unflinching solidarity to mostly muslim immigrants and their immigrant culture and statues?

There becomes a critical breakdown that this "coalition," is internally contradictory and since all issues are THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! none of them can be realistically achieved as resources have to be split evenly.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Funny, I remember all kinds of stuff that's been pushed in the last 8 years to help the working class and middle class. Almost like this is argument made in service to opinion formed a priori.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the very definition of concern trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe your exact words were....

Another bullshit thread about the 'left', I see.
    I am unsure what criticism I was supposed to get from that. What sorts of threads do you want made?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    concern trolling.
    is this the new SJW buzzword?

Democrats put into place expanded overtime rules that will help working people get money they should be entitled to and that's not likely to survive the new "populist" regime, but Democrats talked about minorities too much!

What a fucking joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the very definition of concern trolling.
    No I was teaching you about how to politically categorize people based on what party they support. Every party can be put on the spectrum, none are too special to be categorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Democrats talked about women and gays and stuff too much because their opponents keep trying to fuck with the rights of those groups, stupid Democrats and their identity politics!

...wait
    Its only identity politics when left leaning minorities do it. Trump playing up white fear is just AMERICA.

Your free to make other threads, much as I've said to Nixx, Be the change you want to be in the world.
    PfffffFFFT, I have more important shit to do then waste my time trying to convince randos on a shitty message board of anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    What is the Left wing then? Feel free to speak your mind. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    PfffffFFFT, I have more important shit to do then waste my time trying to convince randos on a shitty message board of anything.
    Alright, that is a fun and interesting viewpoint. Thank you for sharing it.

Its only identity politics when left leaning minorities do it. Trump playing up white fear is just AMERICA.
    There was a pre election Twitter beak down and statistics. Hillary overwhelmingly focuses on race while trump barely mentioned it.

But you should keep doing what you are doing. I will enjoy watching the democrats fragment and become as irrelevant as the green party.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe your exact words were....

I am unsure what criticism I was supposed to get from that. What sorts of threads do you want made?
    Ok sure, i'll stop repeating myself, i'm wasting my time if you're not getting it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    There was a pre election Twitter beak down and statistics. Hillary overwhelmingly focuses on race while trump barely mentioned it.

But you should keep doing what you are doing. I will enjoy watching the democrats fragment and become as irrelevant as the green party.
    It is generally impossible to wake the Democrats up, they are firmly dedicated to the endless slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is no "the Left". Even in the US alone, that label covers a huge range of independent groups, whose ideological views are pretty wildly different on most topics, with only some very vague shared principles. The idea that "the Left" is some homogenous hive mind is ridiculous as hell.

That doesn't make it "too spread out ideologically", it means that your insistence that they're a single entity is wrong.

Also, the "progressive stack" isn't really a "thing". It's a weird concept that basically only ever existed briefly in the Occupy movement, but for some reason, you folks think it's some kind of core left-wing concept, and it's not. It's a pretty damn silly idea.

As for the identity v. economy nonsense, the Democratic platform in the 2016 election had a huge focus on economic issues; https://www.democrats.org/party-platform

Just going by section titles, the first three major sections are entirely about economics. It wasn't "abandoned" in favor of "identity politics", it just didn't get media attention because there was nothing to get angry about, unlike racists who get enraged by "identity politics".

And I'm going to keep putting "identity politics" in quotes, because the reality is that it basically boils down to "we respect civil rights of all people and think prejudice and hatred over variety is wrong". Which isn't really something you can take issue with, which is why you want a convenient label to use.
    Says stop treating the left like a single entity --->>> proceeds to say anybody enraged by identity politics is a racist --->>> proceeds to give a definition of identity politics nobody would ever use. Endus, you sly dog you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Fukuyama's point is that the Left is too diffused on its core issues.

This Fukuyama guy does not seem to get that the left wing is not 1 ideology.

I don't think either of us have called ourselves Alt-Right, but alright.

Also I would never call myself an Intellectual and never have.

But do go out and make the kind of threads you wish to see. I'll support you 100%.
    I didn't say you called yourself alt right. Please actually read and respond to what is said both in my post and the post you quoted of
    Dexs.

And I'd sure hope you didn't call yourself one. But just about everyone of your comments regarding politics reeks of you trying to be one with regards to political science with your constant empty and often hypcritically inconsistent criticisms of this unanimous left.

But do continue shit posting while avoiding discussing anything.

It is generally impossible to wake the Democrats up, they are firmly dedicated to the endless slumber.
    The irony oozing out of this post.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.