Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They couldn't come up with a way that made sense? Wasn't that like the main point of the movie?
    Well the point of the movie was to show how the Death Star plans ended up in the hands of the rebellion, it didn't need to directly tie into NH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got to see the movie today. Took my mom, as she's a big Star Wars fan. We both loved it. I just...so many feels. I honestly felt like it was better than TFA, and I loved TFA.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post

she makes sense.
    No she doesn't. She is nit picking a bunch of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Well the point of the movie was to show how the Death Star plans ended up in the hands of the rebellion, it didn't need to directly tie into NH.
    A NH is largely about how the plans were taken to the rebels and then making use of those plans. So, it kind of did need to tie into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    "well we got this keen information on how to destroy the death star, but we're gonna sit on it for a while in a thumb drive without giving it to anyone else."

It makes sense that the information wasn't allowed to disseminate, hence why Vader went after it personally and why it was so critical. They had THE only copy of the plans to the death star. That's some hot-button information they'd likely want spread throughout the rebellion and not just having sit in an easily catch-backable format for too long.

Besides, "well we put it on this ship in peril that released a ship in peril that went to go contact another ship in peril! And that third ship is the blockade runner!" is, frankly, just inserting a needless middle-man ship.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-01-01 at 12:54 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They couldn't come up with a way that made sense? Wasn't that like the main point of the movie?
    It's not as if we've never seen smaller ships docked inside capital ships in SW before. That's literally how the first Star Wars movie started.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's not as if we've never seen smaller ships docked inside capital ships in SW before. That's literally how the first Star Wars movie started.
    But why was her ship there in the first place when she was being sent from Alderaan to find Obi-wan?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But why was her ship there in the first place when she was being sent from Alderaan to find Obi-wan?
    Explained in the film. She didn't just go to find Obi-wan - her mission was to deliver the Death Star plans to Obi-wan and for that she had to be THERE to get the plans and escape the battle in a BLOCKADE RUNNER. Needless to say the rest of the attacking Rebel fleet was decimated by Vader personally.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Do not like this movie, so many static characters. I am looking forward to the next movie, Rogue Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Explained in the film. She didn't just go to find Obi-wan - her mission was to deliver the Death Star plans to Obi-wan and for that she had to be THERE to get the plans and escape the battle in a BLOCKADE RUNNER. Needless to say the rest of the attacking Rebel fleet was decimated by Vader personally.
    Um, what? Bail had left the rebel base and went back to Alderaan to send her to find Obi-wan before the rebels even decided to get the Death Star plans.

Also, why would she be tasked with bringing the plans to Obi-wan? That makes no sense AND Obi-wan never viewed the plans in A New Hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadamon View Post
    Do not like this movie, so many static characters. I am looking forward to the next movie, Rogue Two.
    I've got some bad news for you then..... the gungans don't survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, what? Bail had left the rebel base and went back to Alderaan to send her to find Obi-wan before the rebels even decided to get the Death Star plans.
    Your lack of decent memory is disturbing.

Mon Mothma asked Bail Organa about his “old jedi friend” (Obi-Wan Kenobi) because she wanted plans taken to him and Organa already had a person in mind, someone who he “trusts with his life.” (Leia)

Also, why would she be tasked with bringing the plans to Obi-wan?
    Because he's old republic's Jedi and they needed his help against the Empire.
    That makes no sense AND Obi-wan never viewed the plans in A New Hope.
    Because things didn't go exactly like they were planned. Initially she was intended to take the plans to Obi-wan and then return with Obi-wan to Alderaan. But Leia had to put the plans into r2d2 and leave a holo message for Obi-wan which for obvious reasons couldn't mention the plans directly and she made sure that only her father could retrieve them. So she asked Kenobi to deliver the droid to her father on Alderaan thus in a sense fulfilling her mission.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Your lack of decent memory is disturbing.

Mon Mothma asked Bail Organa about his “old jedi friend” (Obi-Wan Kenobi) because she wanted plans taken to him and Organa already had a person in mind, someone who he “trusts with his life.” (Leia)
    What? No. That right after the Rebel Alliance decided against going to the planet for the plans. There were no plans to take to Obi-wan because the rebels decided against getting plans.

Because he's old republic's Jedi and they needed his help against the Empire.
    Yes, but what does that have to do with Death Star plans?

Because things didn't go exactly like they were planned. Initially she was intended to take the plans to Obi-wan and then return with Obi-wan to Alderaan. But Leia had to put the plans into r2d2 and leave a holo message for Obi-wan which for obvious reasons couldn't mention the plans directly and she made sure that only her father could retrieve them. So she asked Kenobi to deliver the droid to her father on Alderaan thus in a sense fulfilling her mission.
    Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    What? No. That right after the Rebel Alliance decided against going to the planet for the plans. There were no plans to take to Obi-wan because the rebels decided against getting plans.
    They didn't decide against getting the plans, they decided to not go for it at that moment because pussies. Hence Mon Mothma asked for the Jedi friend, because they needed his help. But then rogue one team had stolen the stolen imperial shuttle and went for the plans themselves. That forced Rebel fleet to join the fight as well because Mon Calamari had balls. Obviously Obi-wan was needed still and Leia was sent with the fleet to get the plans and then get plans to Obi-wan and then get Obi-wan to Alderaan.

Yes, but what does that have to do with Death Star plans?
    I don't know.. He's a general and a jedi who fought in the Clone Wars? Oh and The Fucking Force? It's Rogue one, but it's also the Star Wars, right?

Why?
    Because that's how it happened in EIV

They didn't decide against getting the plans, they decided to not go for it at that moment because pussies. Hence Mon Mothma asked for the Jedi friend, because they needed his help. But then rogue one team had stolen the stolen imperial shuttle and went for the plans themselves. That forced Rebel fleet to join the fight as well because Mon Calamari had balls. Obviously Obi-wan was needed still and Leia was sent with the fleet to get the plans and then get plans to Obi-wan and then get Obi-wan to Alderaan.

I don't know.. He's a general and a jedi who fought in the Clone Wars? Oh and The Fucking Force? It's Rogue one, but it's also the Star Wars, right?

Because that's how it happened in EIV
    I'm still not understanding why the plans had to go to Obi-wan. Why couldn't the plans just go to Alderaan while Leia went to get Obi-wan?

I think the point of having Leia be right there was to underline how urgent the plans, and the attempt to get them/use them. If there's an off-screen gap, people would naturally ask, "Why not disseminate the plans? Why not publish them in the Senate?" which, iirc, was Mon Mothma's plan with Galen and his plans in the first plan - to put them in front of the Senate.

Instead, there was a haphazard attempt to get the plans by a rogue (HUEHUEHUE) faction of the Rebellion to get the plans at all costs, and the haphazard attempt by the Rebel fleet to support them. I imagine the Rebel Fleet was on its way to various other places, including sending Leia to Tatooine, when it made an emergency detour to support Rogue One.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not understanding why the plans had to go to Obi-wan. Why couldn't the plans just go to Alderaan while Leia went to get Obi-wan?
    Safety? Freshly stolen plans to the secret super weapon station is a hot thing to get back to Alderaan right away. Need to first study them with a Jedi-general guy to come up with a plan on how to use it I guess, granted they still needed to get him anyway. And we all know what happens to Adleraan, but thanks to the Force I guess the things went how they went. Leia was force sensitive too you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I imagine the Rebel Fleet was on its way to various other places, including sending Leia to Tatooine, when it made an emergency detour to support Rogue One.
    This seems like the most logical reason for Leia being there with the fleet at the time. To me, anyway.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account

Also, why would she be tasked with bringing the plans to Obi-wan? That makes no sense AND Obi-wan never viewed the plans in A New Hope.
    She wasn't tasked with bringing the plans to Kenobi if you paid attention Mon Mothma asks about Obi-wan and Bail said he would send his most trusted person to him. Her getting the plans was never a part of the discussion because the Alliance never okayed the mission to steal the plans in the first place.

She only got the plans because Vader cut off half the fleet before they could escape and disabled the Mon Cal Cruiser leaving her ship as the only choice.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-01-01 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked this movie. Right after I saw Rogue One I went and watched episode VI.

Rogue One certainly made things feel gritty and desperate. When the Death Star goes kaboom A New Hope, it felt a little more rewarding after having seen what went on during Rogue One.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.