Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Just pissed my threads get more views and replies most of the time.

Oooo burn! lol
    Kind of weird he took the time to reply and bump a thread that he himself deemed unworthy of discussion.

Whatevs

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Kind of weird he took the time to reply and bump a thread that he himself deemed unworthy of discussion.

Whatevs
    Gotta get that post count!

The next time someone cooks a Lancashire hotpot I'll be fuckin watchin mate.

Otherwise you get people doing this! http://en.paperblog.com/a-new-take-o...otpot-1412883/

It's a goddamn outrage I tells ya!

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan don't post stupid shit you and your beard should know better.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Titan don't post stupid shit you and your beard should know better.
    But if I am not posting about guns what else do I have?

NoOoOoooOooo!

... He still gets movie parts? Really? I'm far more offended by that fact. Where's my safe space from this knowledge??

As a native and paella expert, I find that obscuring the thread's topic with petty squabbles, is leaps and bounds more insensitive than desecrating the dish.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    But if I am not posting about guns what else do I have?

NoOoOoooOooo!
    You're just doing it wrong. We're supposed to be outraged that Donald Trump is president.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

After the business with Jamie Oliver's paella being in the news this is actually kinda relevant as a news story, and acts as a start point for discussions on cultural appropriation, especially with regards to food.

There are already protected regional food and drink items, things like champagne, though most of the time these have to reference the region they're from and be iconic to the region or somehow different when they're made there. Paella isn't quite the same, it's not tied to a specific enough region or specific enough in recipe. Plus if you specified that a seafood dish had to be made in Spain and shipped out to the rest of the world it ain't gonna be too great by the time it arrives.

I'll also add that you can have a type of paella be protected if you want.
    Example - the Cornish pasty is meant to be made (though doesn't have to be baked) in Cornwall, with at least 12.5% beef and 25% vegetables. Yet you can still make a curry pasty without anyone in Cornwall giving a fuck.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-01 at 01:14 AM.

Comedian Rob Schneider tried to make the Spanish dish paella on Christmas Eve—and, after he tweeted a photo of his attempt, he was immediately accused of cultural appropriation.

Among the former Saturday Night Live actor’s purported offenses: He used a glass casserole pan to make the dish, which Salon self-righteously proclaimed “failed the test” for respectful cookware, because “there’s one thing everyone can agree on, and that is that one must cook paella in, well, a paella pan.”
    Well people, we heard it from the "experts".

Failing to use the "proper" cookware is a HATE CRIME!
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    You've seen him as an animal, you've seen him as a woman, you've seen him as a stapler. Now Rob Schneider is: the culturally appropriating chef. And he's about to find out that cooking paella, isn't as easy as it looks.

Rated PG13.

/record scratch* xD Hah, I read it in that dopey fake voice they used on the show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well rob Schneider is a fucking carrot so he can steal anything.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Paella isn't quite the same, it's not tied to a specific enough region or specific enough in recipe. Plus if you specified that a seafood dish had to be made in Spain and shipped out to the rest of the world it ain't gonna be too great by the time it arrives.
    Seafood is controversial; purists argue against it non stop.
    It's entirely tied to Valencia. But the issue is not the region, it's the name itself. The dish is named after the pan, not the other way around, so it's hard to claim the dish: anything cooked in that thing can be called a paella (it's simply weird for it to be anything but rice, saffron, and stuff).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm sorry, but if it's not a tweet, it isn't news.
    I'm, obviously, taking the piss. I just wished this was more fun and giggles.

You should see the paella I make. It gets whatever random thing I have left in my fridge. Suck it you triggered paella lovers

7+ Year Old Account
    Um.... I really want to just stop there. But seriously. "Cultural appropriation" is hardly a thing. And certainly not a bad thing. No group owns the "rights" to any "culture".

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Seafood is controversial; purists argue against it non stop.
    It's entirely tied to Valencia. But the issue is not the region, it's the name itself. The dish is named after the pan, not the other way around, so it's hard to claim the dish: anything cooked in that thing can be called a paella (it's simply weird for it to be anything but rice, saffron, and stuff).
    Stuff gets a bit wooly after a while though with foods named after ways of cooking. People frequently don't have the right equipment if they're making something at home unless they're dead into it or from the region of origin.

I'd wager plenty of people have had something they've tried to claim is tandoori, but I've not seen many folks with a tandoor oven in their house. Or they've eaten biscuits that have been cooked once.

Slight aside - Jamie Oliver also has a tandoori chicken recipe. It allows for people to use regular ovens.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-01 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Using the wrong pan is a hatecrime. So I totally understand, why this is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    You should see the paella I make. It gets whatever random thing I have left in my fridge. Suck it you triggered paella lovers
    Isn't that the whole point of southern cuisine to throw anything you have left in the fridge in the dish? I mean isn't that how most of it got invented?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah well rob Schneider is a fucking carrot so he can steal anything.
    #boycottchina