Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    At OP:

If you decide to OC, I would get an aftermarket air cooler. I don't trust factory coolers when OCing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    If you are gullible enough to think a fx 4300 is faster than a 4670 in ANYTHING we are done here, you dont have a grasp on the PC hardware industry and probably shouldnt even be posting in the computer forums.
    I just gave you a link with the 3Dmark benches from tomshardware. Get back with us when you know whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    At OP:

If you decide to OC, I would get an aftermarket air cooler. I don't trust factory coolers when OCing.

- - - Updated - - -

I just gave you a link with the 3Dmark benches from tomshardware. Get back with us when you know whats up.
    You are about to be laughed out of this thread by pretty much anyone who reads that, might want to edit your posts now.

You are about to be laughed out of this thread by pretty much anyone who reads that, might want to edit your posts now.
    No reason to. The 4300 is shit for gaming compared to the 4670, but you vastly underestimate what an OC can do in WoW. WoW is so CPU dependent, it isn't funny. I gained roughly a 30% improvement in FPS in WoW going from a 3.5 base clock to 4.3. I don't recall what the gain was at 4.9.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eesh, this is getting nasty. I'll leave with this: when I built my rig with a GTX 970 and 4690k @ stock 3.5 I think I was at 80 FPS (early wod). OCD and I shot up to 155. OC was only 4.6.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

No reason to. The 4300 is shit for gaming compared to the 4670, but you vastly underestimate what an OC can do in WoW. WoW is so CPU dependent, it isn't funny. I gained roughly a 30% improvement in FPS in WoW going from a 3.5 base clock to 4.3. I don't recall what the gain was at 4.9.
    Why lie? No you didnt go from 70 FPS in WoW to 100 FPS by just overclocking lol. You seriously have no idea what you are talking about, overclocking does not give those kind of gains and an amd fx 4100 is a potato compared to a 4670 non k, it would not win in anything. I am only replying to you because i dont want people to believe the words you are typing, usually id just ignore you and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Eesh, this is getting nasty. I'll leave with this: when I built my rig with a GTX 970 and 4690k @ stock 3.5 I think I was at 80 FPS (early wod). OCD and I shot up to 155. OC was only 4.6.
    Some people you just can't tell em anything. They think they know-it-all.

- - - Updated - - -

Why lie? No you didnt go from 70 FPS in WoW to 100 FPS by just overclocking lol. You seriously have no idea what you are talking about, overclocking does not give those kind of gains and an amd fx 4100 is a potato compared to a 4670 non k, it would not win in anything. I am only replying to you because i dont want people to believe the words you are typing, usually id just ignore you and move on.
    Read the post right above yours. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You are lying as well, you didnt gain 75 FPS by overclocking your CPU. You people are insane to believe these numbers, holy hell where do you come up with this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people you just can't tell em anything. They think they know-it-all.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the post right above yours. Have a nice day.
    He is also delusional, its a shame you arent the only one.

You are lying as well, you didnt gain 75 FPS by overclocking your CPU. You people are insane to believe these numbers, holy hell where do you come up with this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

He is also delusional, its a shame you arent the only one.
    My first ignored clueless poster on MMO-C.

Oh the irony, have a good one i must say it wasn't a pleasure.

I have a 4670 and a R9 380 nothing is OC and I run on ultra 1080p at a consistent 60 so unless you're running at 4k something is wrong even then I think you'd be okay with the 1070 that things beastly. If you are considering upgrading the CPU consider a i5 6600k this should be more than enough to max out wow on any setting

15+ Year Old Account
    Put me on ignore to, your full of it, you and Master Guns. Fascinate is 100% correct and you two should be banned from posting in these forums for misleading information.

No 4300 is gonna even stay in the same range as a 4690K, not even remotely close especially in wow, will a 4300 oced be better than a 4300 non oced, of course, its a shit chip and any boost is a gain, but not 70+ fps. Stop mis-leading people. The 4690k oced to 4.6GHz isant going to yield 75+ fps gain either.

Stgooooop the BS!

Please stop arguing with eachother and try to keep the discussion civil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Put me on ignore to, your full of it, you and Master Guns. Fascinate is 100% correct and you two should be banned from posting in these forums for misleading information.

No 4300 is gonna even stay in the same range as a 4690K, not even remotely close especially in wow, will a 4300 oced be better than a 4300 non oced, of course, its a shit chip and any boost is a gain, but not 70+ fps. Stop mis-leading people. The 4690k oced to 4.6GHz isant going to yield 75+ fps gain either.

Stgooooop the BS!
    Calling others liars because you are too ignorant to understand different chipsets do different things doesn't make you right. I'll continue to enjoy my 155 FPS in WoD zones. ������ Now if I could only get that performance in Legion zones.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

You can't set refresh rate ingame if you are using windowed or windowed full screen. Your refresh rate will be whatever you set it in the desktop, which is already 144hz. You can only change the refresh rate from the game if you do full screen.

WoW is a CPU bound game. If you have a high end GPU, you will get DR on its performance and need a better CPU to match. Even then, there arent any large returns.

It's quiet in dalaran, im getting ~105 fps. Graphics set to 10, no anti-aliasing, windowed mode, 2560x1440 monitor, 144hz. core i7-5960x 8-core @ 4.7ghz/4.3ghz cache, gtx 980. have a fair amount of addons loaded but nothing that drastically changes the UI.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2017-01-01 at 10:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calling others liars because you are too ignorant to understand different chipsets do different things doesn't make you right. I'll continue to enjoy my 155 FPS in WoD zones. ������ Now if I could only get that performance in Legion zones.
    Ok, if you say so ...

Mythbredor wants the arguing to stop...so Ill stop.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

Stgooooop the BS!
    First off, you need to learn how to read. Nowhere did I say anything about a 4300 being remotely close to a 4670 in gaming. In fact I said it would get destroyed. I simply posted some 3DMark benches to show the relative weakness of a non OC 4670 in non gaming applications.

Secondly, I said nothing about a 70 FPS gain. I said I gained roughly a 30% increase in FPS.

Now go flame elsewhere.