Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question How monk tanks are doing?

Hi guys!

I used to play a Blood DK, now I am a Prot Pala (btw I am loving it) and I am thinking leveling a monk. I love the class/race/lore thing, but how is BM doing?

Any good changes for 7.1.5?

Thanks alot!!!
    Last edited by VeteranoNoob; 2017-01-01 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks are good now and looking better heading into 7.1.5.

7+ Year Old Account
    can you state again the changes that we get i seem to have forgoten @Llarold

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember everything offhand, but BrM is receiving a +9% damage increase to practically all skills. Elusive Dance and Gift of the Mists (yawn) are being buffed, Dampen Harm is being completely redesigned into a useful defensive cooldown, and Diffuse Magic is being replaced with a passive magic Stagger increase talent.

I thought some offensive talents (Niuzao, RJW, Chi Burst) were being buffed as well, but I'm not certain.

Deleted
    The state is ok at the moment and I am doing fine. Monk tanks do not need major fix so I am happy.

Deleted
    The best tank across all MMO's.

Thanks for the replies guys!

So you think they are doing good and monks tank will get buffs when 7.1.5 is out? That sounds good

I guess I gonna start to level one up today

Every tank is able to tank every fight during progression. If you're looking for bleeding-edge, it's probably still going to be guardian druid on top, due to their simplicity, effectiveness, and the things they bring to a raid.

That said: I wouldn't play any other tank.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Every tank is able to tank every fight during progression. If you're looking for bleeding-edge, it's probably still going to be guardian druid on top, due to their simplicity, effectiveness, and the things they bring to a raid.

Actually my focus is M+, forgot to mention that... my bad!

I will do raids for sure, but probably as DPS no as a Tank. But when its not raid time, I will be doing lots and lots of M+

Monk tanks are doing just fine, we can do silly stuff, like easily take Odyns spears or solo tank Guarm (at least on heroic)

Deleted
    fine. just boring to play since Legion since they took away all the fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as good as Prot Pallies who are now ranked 2nd best tank behind G. Dru for raiding, taking the Warrior's spot due to War nerfs.

But if you aren't in a high end guild, then it shouldn't be noticeable unless you miss the Pally utility since BrMs have shit utility.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account

Guardian is actually losing a ton of defensive power in 7.1.5. I would expect to see them drop about as far as Warriors have (still good/great, but no longer hilariously overpowered).

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Guardian is actually losing a ton of defensive power in 7.1.5. I would expect to see them drop about as far as Warriors have (still good/great, but no longer hilariously overpowered).
    The Nighthold gear should more than make up for any nerfs coming.

Thrash and Swipe don't AOE cap like Keg Smash, which is very noticeable in M+.

If you can get the new Legendary Wrists for your Brewmaster, you'll become a Mythic+ God, literally.

Thrash and Swipe don't AOE cap like Keg Smash, which is very noticeable in M+.
    What do you mean aoe cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Parach View Post
    What do you mean aoe cap?
    If you hit a high number of mobs with Keg Smash, the damage it does scales down greatly. The first pull in Maw of Souls or anything with like 8-12 mobs in it are very noticeable instances.

My average Keg Smash is 330-350k on a single target, 24-40k on the Maw pull. Happens in Vaults, Courts, and HoV, as well. It's a real fuckin rustler.

Special Delivery's and Exploding Keg's caps are higher, but obviously much less consistent.

If you hit a high number of mobs with Keg Smash, the damage it does scales down greatly. The first pull in Maw of Souls or anything with like 8-12 mobs in it are very noticeable instances.

My average Keg Smash is 330-350k on a single target, 24-40k on the Maw pull. Happens in Vaults, Courts, and HoV, as well. It's a real fuckin rustler.

Special Delivery's and Exploding Keg's caps are higher, but obviously much less consistent.
    my god that sounds actually bs, if you didn't tell me this happens i would never have known also >.> seems pretty damn unfair.

10+ Year Old Account

That's weird. Ever since 5.2 patch the AoE cap should be 20 mobs. With above that the damage being spread evenly. (20x damage of keg smash spread to 30 targets for example).

So it shouldn't affect "small" groups of 10 or so.

Edit: Went to test it and it seems what you say does happen. 60k minimum hit on 12 mob pack. I guess keg smash has its own AoE "DR" made for it for some reason.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-01-02 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

They're literally the worst tank, while having some very niche use. They're by far the least desired tank for both high end raiding and PUGs
    You can tank most contents just fine but you will always be inferior and groups will always pick any other tank over you
    If you aren't hardcore and you really like the playstyle, you may give it a go. Otherwise just stick with what you have.

You need tons of heals when other tanks need no attention at all, you struggle holding aggro on skittish when.other tanks can handle it with relative ease(except war tank I suppose)