Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Water Strider Mount

soooo....long time reader, first time poster. Can blizz rename them water sinkers? pretty sure they have problems striding, or is it just ,me??

10+ Year Old Account
    They water walk just fine once you're on the water. Getting onto the water can be a problem if you play larger characters, like tauren, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    They water walk just fine once you're on the water. Getting onto the water can be a problem if you play larger characters, like tauren, though.
    my tauren dk + path of frost, i have to dismount to get on the water and mount again or i'm never actually getting use of path of frost lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    my tauren dk + path of frost, i have to dismount to get on the water and mount again or i'm never actually getting use of path of frost lol.
    Yeah, but at least with native water walking you can do it that way. I recently switched back to Horde and it's super annoying trying to get a water strider onto the water on tauren characters without native water walking. :/

well I still sink, despite multiple camera angles and going from Bradensbrook to Darkfollows spire (in Val 'Sharah) I might as well wear armbands, coz I cant keep afloat :P

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    thats a problem with dk's in general

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard broke them on purpose me thinks.
    Back in the day you could mount while swimming, jump and it would start walking on water.
    Nowadays you either have to go to some shore and mount there or use class abilities like levitate to mount above water.

Pain in the ass for my pally, nonissue for my priestess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meganite View Post
    soooo....long time reader, first time poster. Can blizz rename them water sinkers? pretty sure they have problems striding, or is it just ,me??
    No problem with them, unless you took damage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's a problem with tauren, dont be fat

Deleted
    having this prob on all characters, the all old age bug is functioning again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Back in the day you could mount while swimming, jump and it would start walking on water.
    I don't understand the issue, since it still works exactly like that for me. It walks on water until you get hit. Once you're out of combat, you have to dismount and mount it again and simply just "jump onto the water".
    Is there a bug only for specific races?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have this issue 50% of the time. Usually if I go off land onto water I'm fine, but if I mount it while in water, half the time I can spend forever jumping trying to get it to walk on the water and it wont do it. However I doubt it's high on Blizzard's fixing todo list...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    I don't understand the issue, since it still works exactly like that for me. It walks on water until you get hit. Once you're out of combat, you have to dismount and mount it again and simply just "jump onto the water".
    Is there a bug only for specific races?
    he's not talking about combat issue, its when u mount when already swimming and trying to get on the surface of the water to walk on it, except we get the problem of not jumping high enough to get above the surface to land on it

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed something last update, now you have to have your camera angle just right, and even then sometimes it doesn't work.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I have this issue 50% of the time. Usually if I go off land onto water I'm fine, but if I mount it while in water, half the time I can spend forever jumping trying to get it to walk on the water and it wont do it. However I doubt it's high on Blizzard's fixing todo list...
    yeah indeed, they've actually fixed it numerous times, it's an old bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    he's not talking about combat issue, its when u mount when already swimming and trying to get on the surface of the water to walk on it, except we get the problem of not jumping high enough to get above the surface to land on it
    Exactly and that's working as intended for me. Absolutely no problem. So I don't know if there's a weird bug for other races (am playing male Pandaren) or you guys just have your camera angle set too high and therefore fall in the water?

Deleted
    This was talked about at the engineering blizzcon panel, it was something along the lines of "your character model isn't actually above the water, eventhough it looks like it."

Deleted
    If you take damage while mounted and run out on the water- then yes you will not be striding. You have to re-mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Exactly and that's working as intended for me. Absolutely no problem. So I don't know if there's a weird bug for other races (am playing male Pandaren) or you guys just have your camera angle set too high and therefore fall in the water?
    Not sure about other races but tauren are too big to jump out of the water and land on it while mounted. The water strider's legs don't even come fully above water before you fall back in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    If you take damage while mounted and run out on the water- then yes you will not be striding. You have to re-mount.
    The problem is sometimes the mount simply does not want to run on water..no combat, was not in combat...but even if i was and remounting..simply showing a middle finger and doing like any other mount...
    1 of the 1 million bugs which makes me wondering about how the hell is any better than a private server....and how Blizz justifies the monthly fee...?