Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    There are multiple classes getting completely overhauled. I don't agree.
    Which classes are getting completely overhauled? Can't really think of any, sure some get significant changes, while for other classes are generally smaller. But i don't see any complete overhauls where most of the core mechanics of a class completely change with how they were before like you usually see in between expansions.

For Raid Tier patches with a quite some class changes check for example most of the tier release patchnotes from vanilla to the end of MoP, this happened nearly every raid tier patch up to WoD atleast and those raids were usually open for progress at the highest difficulty the same night that the patch released.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Which classes are getting completely overhauled? Can't really think of any, sure some get significant changes, while for other classes are generally smaller. But i don't see any complete overhauls where most of the core mechanics of a class completely change with how they were before like you usually see in between expansions.

For Raid Tier patches with a quite some class changes check for example most of the tier release patchnotes from vanilla to the end of MoP, this happened nearly every raid tier patch up to WoD atleast and those raids were usually open for progress at the highest difficulty the same night that the patch released.

Mages for one.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Mages for one.
    Sorry but no. Mages are not getting an overhaul, they are having significant changes but to me an overhaul would be like warlocks in MoP.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    There is absolutely no way they will release huge class changes AFTER Nighthold is released. There is 2 tuesdays left before then so it will either be jan 3, or the 10th. My money is on the 3rd simply because the PTR has been tagged as release and there seems to be no new changes happening recently
    its been tagged as release for several weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Mages for one.

A quick glance over the mage changes gives me the feeling that they are in de category significant changes, but it does not look like a overhaul where most if not all core principles of the class get changed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I highly doubt they'll push a patch right after vacation. Most likely it'll be the 13th.
    13th makes no sense, thats a Friday. if it's not the 3rd it'll be the 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    ?? They've made class changes during progression before.
    I don't remember them making big changes st least not to this amount of classes.
    But blizzard did say they do not want to do that with nighthold, I read somewhere that 7.1.5 was on the background downloaded, not sure how true that is but if so would be pretty likely to be Jan 3rd

Deleted
    It's generally a week after release, 10th, not before that.

Must be to hard to use the search funktion >_>

Nighthold will open on 17 January in the USA and on 18 in the EU

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-release-date/

Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post

That has nothing to do with the release of 7.1.5

Didnt blizard say that NH and 7.1.5 was independant of eachother ? Meaning if it aint out now on the 3rd wich it aint, Or the 10th. We won't see it until after the progression race is done in NH. So mid february or even later. They won't release a giant class change patch mid raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    There hasn't been a build in over a month. What makes you think that there aren't issues being fixed in the coming build?
    blizz has stated many times that bugs appear on the live version of the game that don't appear on the ptr/beta

Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post

Must be hard to read, too. 7.1.5 and Nighthold are not releasing together as Blizzard said in the post you linked.

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Edit: To clarify a bit, and expand on something I should have mentioned originally - with this I meant the PTR is in flux, and there's a lot of tuning to be done still prior to 7.1.5 and Nighthold's release - but we also don't agree that the state of the PTR is bad. We wouldn't drop a patch with major class changes in the middle of a raid tier, as even we agree that would be silly.

I am still wrapping my brain around an entire patch where I can't benefit from more AP. That's been such a big part of the game, it's like "What do I do now?"

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I am still wrapping my brain around an entire patch where I can't benefit from more AP. That's been such a big part of the game, it's like "What do I do now?"
    Pool it for when they increase it, you still benefit, it's just not immediately until the release the next "tier" of artifact talents. Also, alts. My new alt literally can't even start the souls quest ready for NH because it's not AK5 yet. Soon™ I'll be able to bump it and all my other alts straight to 20 as my Rogue will be AK25.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    You mean the time when we can finally start playing alts (also thanks to boa AK20) and give poor maw of souls a break on our mains? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You mean the time when we can finally start playing alts (also thanks to boa AK20) and give poor maw of souls a break on our mains? Yes please.
    You could always play your alts just fine. But what the fuck do I know with 4 110s two of them at like 18-20 artifact knowledge. There was never any issue except in your head.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I doubt its really going to help the game at all. If anything , more people will unsub because of further class changes
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You could always play your alts just fine.
    And where would you carve out the time for it? Most raiders spend 3-4 evenings raiding and then another few farming m+. There's no time for alts. Unless you don't raid, or play wow 40h+ a week. Neither really sounds fun.

I welcome "capping" main char for once, Nighthold is the time for the slower AP farmers to catch up to the rest.

I'm also pretty sure it must be an enjoyable thought "oh I wanna try class / spec x" only to realize that "try out" should be postponed by few weeks of that alt sitting in order hall and queuing AK research because for sure empty artifact doesn't give a feel of the spec and grinding AP by 100 per quest or dungeon is a waste of time if you want to try multiple classes and specs. A lot of specs have important parts of their kit locked behind specific golden traits.

Trying out a spec only to find out I don't like it in the end is such a massive wasted investment atm it made me steer clear from experimenting and trying some of the less popular / more risky specs. With insta AK 20 I can sink AP and try a spec and not feel dragged down if I don't like it and want to switch spec or check another class. The sunk cost is way less.

And yea, my herbing alt has AK 23 doesn't mean I feel I'm "playing" the alt, because doing a few WQ between herbing isn't exactly having fun on it, it's just maintenance mode.

Levelling a char is not a great deal (takes 1-2 days once you know the quests, depending how fast you are and what class it is). Getting some 840-850 ilvl is not a big deal either, takes few days of scanning WQ for the gradually increasing rewards. Now the delay between that state and semi-filled artifact atm was long enough to lose interest of that alt by the time it accumulated the knowledge.

The whole idea that you need to let alt sit and collect x stuff for specific amount of weeks before it can be brought up to speed is a problem in WOW and boy I don't envy people who decide to reroll mid-xpac and don't have their target alt prepped up. First it was legendary questlines now it's something else. Things like AK, order hall research tree or Illidan soul shards mean instead of "playing alts" it's just ticking off chores from the waiting list because if you decide you want to play that alt, some stuff can't be sped up.

Deleted
    OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    /chant USA USA USA!
    /burns an american flag every day from now on