Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not confirmed by the masses, but people claim to have gotten them from random world rares (my guildy included)
    Again not confirmed, but any random World Quest.
    I've had that happen for my warlock. Not sure which one of the two, as it was a Warden's world quest in Suramar, but as I killed the rare/finished the quest I was given a legendary. Seems extremely rare, nobody in my guild even knew it was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I've had that happen for my warlock. Not sure which one of the two, as it was a Warden's world quest in Suramar, but as I killed the rare/finished the quest I was given a legendary. Seems extremely rare, nobody in my guild even knew it was possible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA3M3Ym5zQ
    Proof that of what you said is true (guy looting Sephuz from a rare mob/wardens WQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Arena
    Battlegrounds
    RBGs
    Emissary Quest
    Nightfallen Army quest (can't remember the name, I'm sure you know or someone can correct me)
    Any dungeon boss (any difficulty)
    Any raid boss (any difficulty)
    Weekly Class hall chest from Mythic+
    Any World Boss
    Not confirmed by the masses, but people claim to have gotten them from random world rares (my guildy included)
    Again not confirmed, but any random World Quest.

Possibly more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

OT:
    Got lucky on my latest alt. Within less than two days /played (1d16h to be precise) - of which, many hours were probably AFK or doing nothing for the legendary drop chance - I got not one, but two legendaries. The kicker is that I got one doing a Mythic last reset, then basically logged out over Christmas until tonight, logged in and opened the Mythic+ weekly chest and got the other. My main still hasn't got a 2nd if it makes anyone feel better about it, and my alt can't equip the other for nearly 40 days...

It might also just be anecdotal but my guild tends to get them in waves. None for a week or two, then suddenly a bunch get them. Today was one of those days, another guildy had a very similar situation to my own except he got one yesterday then another (his 3rd) today.

http://imgur.com/a/KOWuy
    Note: The 1st image was taken as of making this post, the 2nd was taken earlier on the 28th. The 3rd image (a week or two older) is alts+mains getting multiple (e.g. one person got 3 across 2 chars, another got 2 across 2 chars, etc). FWIW, guild has been pretty inactive over the holidays, so nobody has been farming anything at all.
    Elvine has a youtube video of him looting a legendary from a rare in Stormheim like 2 weeks into the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    lehadnk made a spreadsheet/script to fetch total KP data from armory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=474315725
    You need to make a copy to edit it. Also keep in mind the "average KP needed" values are not really very useful for predicting the next drop, it's better to compare to KP curves in OP.

Based on the data so far, I don't think it's worth the effort to start a new character just if you got bad legendaries. Yes the first legendary drops faster than others, but just to get character leveled there and AP system negates this gain. Also the chance to get BiS legendary as your first one is only 1/8 = 12.5%, but if you had 4 legendaries already, the chance is 1/4 = 25%. There is not enough data to see if getting 5th, 6th or 7th legendary is even much slower than 4th one, all I can say that after the softcap was removed, many people with 4 have started to get more legendaries. So it's not as bad as it first looked like. And they're probably changing the drop rates again in next patch.
    Both toons i play somewhat activly on need over 2k KP each going by avg, in the same amount of time ive leveled a toon from 100 to 110 and prob got my first legendary. Stormheim with rested + herb is pew pew done.

Thanks for the link tho, gonna be interesting.

/Fordie

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmA3M3Ym5zQ
    Proof that of what you said is true (guy looting Sephuz from a rare mob/wardens WQ)
    Guessing that confirms the rare mob one (since he looted it from the mob, not auto from the WQ). My guildy claimed to have gotten his from a rare and there was no WQ in the area for it at the time too. I'll edit my previous post to confirm it is possible, but still not 100% on the WQ one, unless anyone has proof from a WQ that wasn't also a rare?

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    i didnt read the whole topic. the necessary kp for the 5th leg seems to be a little high. I think its due to the bad luck protection cap for some time.
    Yeah the data for 5th is pretty meaningless here, as the sample size is too small and it was mostly affected by softcap of 4 legendaries until November.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordie View Post
    Both toons i play somewhat activly on need over 2k KP each going by avg, in the same amount of time ive leveled a toon from 100 to 110 and prob got my first legendary. Stormheim with rested + herb is pew pew done.

Thanks for the link tho, gonna be interesting.

/Fordie
    I'm not sure which avg you're looking at, but as said we need to look at the drop chance vs KP gained graph, which doesn't really say anything about 5th legendary, but assuming the real drop rate would be anywhere in line with what these statistics predict, it could be around 1000-1500 KP needed after the 4th, to have a 50% total chance to get the 5th.

But yeah since leveling doesn't take that much time, in theory it could be faster to go from 100 to 110 and get 1st AND 2nd legendary, than going from 4 to 5 legendaries. But I think this difference is probably not much more than 100 mythic+ runs, which could be done in a week or two of heavy farming. And in 7.1.5 they might change drop rates again.

So I don't think it's a big gain, but IF you already have other level 100's and don't need to pay for boost, then there's not much to lose by doing so, although these new chars will be behing in AP.
    Last edited by impending doom; 2017-01-01 at 08:47 PM.

Is there any data on legendary #6 and beyond? I've been lucky enough to get 5 but my 2 BiS are still remaining, along with prydaz. RIP

So, I'm going to go against the grain here and ask a question on the other side of the coin.

I have my class (Ret) top 3 BiS legendaries. (Cloak/Ring prepatch and Cloak/Belt postpatch).

What do I have to look forward to? System was a good carrot on a stick for me. Not that there are not other carrots on a stick, but that was a big one.

If they ever open up a third slot, well, I'm set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    Is there any data on legendary #6 and beyond? I've been lucky enough to get 5 but my 2 BiS are still remaining, along with prydaz. RIP
    There is hardly data for 5th, let alone 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So, I'm going to go against the grain here and ask a question on the other side of the coin.

I have my class (Ret) top 3 BiS legendaries. (Cloak/Ring prepatch and Cloak/Belt postpatch).

What do I have to look forward to? System was a good carrot on a stick for me. Not that there are not other carrots on a stick, but that was a big one.

They are going to release more legendaries, or you can start gearing offspecs/alts

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    They are going to release more legendaries, or you can start gearing offspecs/alts
    Well that is the thing, at least as far as 7.1.5 / NH goes, none of the new legendaries are replacements at all.

I don't have an off spec or alts. I severely dislike healing or tanking.

I know I'm weird, I have one single character/spec and that is what I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged into my level 100 ret paladin, chose Stormheim as my first zone and the very first treasure chest I opened gave me a legendary. My brain has exploded.

Probably unanswerable, but random thoughts in my head:

1)Is there a daily or weekly BLP cap on M+? Because it doesn't seem M+ is helping all that much. Like maybe M+ stops giving BLP after X mythic dungeons or something. I need to grind for 54 traits so its w/e regardless
    2)Have there been many reported legendaries from the first random BG win of the day? I did over a hundred M+ from legendary 4 onward, but it turns out a random bg win got me my 5th. Just curious if it's a decently high chance because that might be like the PVP version of the Emissary Cache (doubt it tho)

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    1)Is there a daily or weekly BLP cap on M+? Because it doesn't seem M+ is helping all that much. Like maybe M+ stops giving BLP after X mythic dungeons or something. I need to grind for 54 traits so its w/e regardless
    That's something I've been thinking about too, and I have an alternative theory: it could be possible that BLP counter is increased by the same amount from every event that can drop legendary, even if some events have higher base drop chance. This would be kind of bad/lazy coding and it would mean that the fastest way to increase BLP are normal dungeons or even world treasures. But I'm not sure how to verify this.

I must be lucky, having like 620 KP with 3 legendaries, 24/24/0 (ass/sub/outlaw).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Interesting point and true. In terms of long time motivation, the current system is shit from whichever perspective you look at it. You are "done" with the system, you got BiS legendaries while only having 3/8.

My motivation to do anything except the bare minimum (AP WQs, one +12 per week, raiding twice a week (2/3 before the nerfs) went from "hardly interested" to "absolute zero" when my 4th legendary was Prydaz. Now, I have the BiS legendary for Havoc Demon Hunters, but unless I would have gotten the belt as a 4th legendary, my performance would not change a lick. And since it will take me about 4-5 months for my next legendary with the (for me at least) huge effort I invested until now (~330 raid boss kills, ~200 M+, all daily caches), I could not care less to do more content. Especially since the chances that I get the belt are only 1 in 4 (25%).

Who designed this shit?

P.S: My Druid alt, that has never done anything except daily caches and just enough normal(!) 5-man dungeons to complete the profession quests sits at 2 legendaries - the two best ones for Balance.

I still have yet to have one drop for me...and I've been playing like 4 different level 110's since legion came out
    "don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayAllDay View Post
    I still have yet to have one drop for me...and I've been playing like 4 different level 110's since legion came out
    Maybe if you actually PLAYED them once they hit 110 instead of leveling up the next one, your chances of getting a legendary would be higher

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I must be lucky, having like 620 KP with 3 legendaries, 24/24/0 (ass/sub/outlaw).
    You're unbelievably, hilariously, ludicrously lucky. If I was as lucky as you I would have every legendary for my class by now.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-01-02 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You've unbelievably, hilariously, ludicrously lucky. If I was as lucky as you I would have every legendary for my class by now.
    One of them, is BiS boots for my main spec sub, the other is cinidaria which isn't bad either. In a few hours my research is done and I can finally use 2.