Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Because it's god damned sacrilege.

Only question I have for you: Do you put sauce on your steak? Because that is the most common thing that people do when they like well-done steaks/meat.
    My entire family eat the meat red. Everyone puts sauce on it.. not sure what your point is, I've never meet anyone who didn't use sauce on their red meat.

I'm the only one who doesn't eat red meat.. I can't swallow it, I think it is gross and feel like it's raw.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    @Nitro Fun

Wait! WTF? How is this an issue in Taiwan? Have you fallen in among expats who insist on living as if they were still back home? If so, that's probably the source of your problem. You are supposed to conform to the group to show you are one of them and not a local or wannabe.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Didn't know people got mad about this.

At least not so many.
    It's probably more that they say stuff like "it's destorying the meat", "it's sacrilege", "you are just eating shoe leather".. That kind of nosense.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Seriously - just because I want my meat cooked, suddenly it becomes a critical issue of your existence ?
    You are wasting the steak though (especially if it's a filet), you might as well get some lower quality part of the animal then.
    Getting mad over something like that is really silly, lol.

How can you say no to rare?
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-01-01 at 03:22 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Didn't know people got mad about this.

At least not so many.
    There was a guy in a restaurant I was in that started screaming and shouting over it when his date ordered a well done meat (I'm not sure which one), he then started walking around the restaurant and made a scene at every person that essentially didn't have raw, bleeding meat on their plate.

He was arrested on the premises and (apparently) later sued by several of the guests that he interrupted (I know because I got a letter in the mail to appear for a court case regarding the incident).

So, some people take it very seriously, getting very emotional about how cooked someone else's meat is.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

"People are morons."

House M.D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Are there actually people who get mad about this?

That was a stupid question.
    No. People just like to tease OP for wasting perfectly good meat and then lathering sauce on it to get its flavor back to an acceptable point.

OP then confuses teasing for "being mad" because OP was raised in a house hold where everyones a winner and a special snowflake and that anyone who "teases" is a bully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    There was a guy in a restaurant I was in that started screaming and shouting over it when his date ordered a well done meat (I'm not sure which one), he then started walking around the restaurant and made a scene at every person that essentially didn't have raw, bleeding meat on their plate.

He was arrested on the premises and (apparently) later sued by several of the guests that he interrupted (I know because I got a letter in the mail to appear for a court case regarding the incident).

So, some people take it very seriously, getting very emotional about how cooked someone else's meat is.
    those people are called insane and prob do that shit over more things than just meat lmao.

Sounds like alcohol was involved. If there was a suit, one of the patrons was probably a lawyer, and the angry dude was rich.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's very different from blood, they drain the blood out when they slaughter the animal.
    It's not really different from blood. duh.
    Leaking fluid does not mean it's not cooked enough.
    we are not talking about some vague fluids. we are talking about very specific fluid.
    Nice try at moving goalposts though.
    Why are you concerned about the word "blood" anyway?
    I'm not, it's the arm-chair wikipedia experts who barge in here and claim "it's not blood - it's myoglobin and water." Well guess what blood is? hemoglobin and water. And the difference between hemoglobin and myoglobin is: one is hemo- and the other is myo- which mean blood and muscle, respectively. The main part "globin" is what makes it blood. Not the prefix- that denotes the whereabouts of it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I've tried eating steak medium rare. Far too bloody for me, I wanted to eat meat, not drink half a pint of blood as well
    That's definitely not medium rare. Definitely undercooked if it's still running blood.

Note that the vast majority of the time, restaurants can't get medium rare done right. It's either overcooked or undercooked. You definitely got undercooked. A good steakhouse will do medium rare right, but the amount of money needed for those fancy places is always too painful to splurge on.

Home cooked much better, especially with 45 min sous vide and a quick sear in a cast iron man. If you can find a restaurant that says sous vide on the menu, then do give it a try, medium rare. It's very good.

A lot of beta males like to derive their masculinity from eating meat as raw as possible.

Its kind of like when you were a kid and doing really stupid shit made you cool - here, doing really stupid shit makes you a man. You also have to constantly point out every time someone does something their own (or superior) way (gets an automatic car, gets a well done steak, etc) and play it off as if its..

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    defeats the purpose of eating a good steak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    god damned sacrilege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    No sane fucking person would ever want a well done steak.
    The 'well done steak' is to beta males as is the 'damsel in distress' to the fedora equipped loser. They all come running out of the wood work to virtue signal "I am against this" "anyone that does this is insane" "Im manly because i hunted down this steak and managed to catch it in the freezer it was living, why would i then burn it?"

Oh and lets not forget the part where 'well done' means a different thing to practically every beta male in this thread. Some think anything over medium rare is well done, others think even medium rare is well done. Another funny aspect is the weenis measuring between the Medium Rare vs Rare crowd. Thats where the real beta males reside - they might even be Charlie Males, a step below Beta Males. These guys will say shit like

"If it isn't still bleeding, its ruined"

Never mind the fact the last time they were in the woods was probably as a kid camping with their grandparents - let alone hunting down an animal, skinning it, gutting it, cooking it and eating it.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-01-01 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I don't understand it. They're acting as if I've killed their family or something when I want my meat well done. Why is this?

I think it's far tastier to have it well done than if it it's medium like most people seem to want it.
    Because not well done is hip. Thats all...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sounds like alcohol was involved. If there was a suit, one of the patrons was probably a lawyer, and the angry dude was rich.
    Well, it was a five star restaurant, and I know that one of the tables that he interrupted looked like a business meeting / celebration / party. I do know that he also interrupted several couples that were also on a romantic night out.

He didn't really appear flushed and didn't slur his speech like a drunk person normally would in a rage. He was also dressed for the occasion, although, he was on a double date (or so I thought it was by how it looked like), so someone there may have paid his way in.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Because serving raw steak is the hallmark of every shit wannabe cook out there that can't even heat up water.

A true Charlie Male

Deleted
    Because people(generally american, they seem to have this weird obsession with steak being such a high class food) are sheep.

They're told that they're "supposed" to eat it rare and that anything else should be responded with anger, meanwhile the rest of their lives they eat fake KRAFT AMERICAN "cheese", fake mozarella, wonderbread, fake olive oil, milk that shouldn't even be legal to drink and other such things that actually deserve someone to get mad.

Granted I eat my steak medium rare and most meats medium, you can do whatever the fuck you want with your food. burn it to a crisp and dip it in bbq sauce for all I care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And those people are what we call ridiculous. People like what they like when it comes to food. It's nobody's place to tell them they're wrong. I'm sure he yells at people who put ketchup on their hot dogs too.
    Actually, he did mention ketchup... Something about how even being offered ketchup was some sort of insult against someone of his stature.

He was passionate about it, that much is certain... Though, extremely rude about it.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Are there actually people who get mad about this?

That was a stupid question.
    I was under the impression it was one of those tongue-in-cheek things that proliferate across the internet. Mockingly treating something that's not a big deal as the most serious of business to make fun of people who really do take stuff like that as serious business (the meat equivalent of coffee snobs and such).

That being said, there are cuts of meat that are more or less ruined by cooking them through; to get the most out of the experience for, say, filet mignon or tenderloin you shouldn't be cooking them well-done as you lose most of the taste that makes it different from your average sirloin. Other than that, it's a matter of taste--some people like their meat a little bloody, some like to make sure every virus in that bastard has been immolated beyond any risk.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Probably because most people are dumb and can't get out of binary reasoning, so they can't manage to understand there is degree between "more cooked than rare" and "burnt".

Funny thing, the main claim is that the nuances of the taste are ruined when cooked beyond rare/blue/whatever their snobbishness consider the best cooking, and that everything above "taste the same". My own experience with my own taste buds is the opposite : if a meat is not cooked enough, it just has the samey raw taste regardless of its quality, while decently cooked (not charred, obviously) meat has a much more flavorous and nuanced taste, allowing to feel a big difference between qualities.
    I like Well steaks, but it's sometimes hard to get a good cooked one. Even a burger, ask for it well and it comes out extra crispy in some places. I like it cooked through but still moist, which obviously varies with some cuts. Especially given resting times where the meat is still cooking while sitting under a lamp somewhere.

Even worse, given my hereditary high blood pressure, I've always had a low salt diet, so salt has a very strong taste to me. Yet every cooking show they'll consider it sacrilegious to go light on the salt. "The meat is bland without it!" Well, maybe to your taste buds, but not to mine. I taste the difference and I don't like the salty taste. When I've cooked stuff that was over salted and inedible to me, I've brought it to work and others devour it without noticing it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."