Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I doubt its really going to help the game at all. If anything , more people will unsub because of further class changes
    Yep, from what i've seen on the forums and people talking in game the changes aren't popular, people were already unhappy about the class changes, this only makes it worse.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I would not qualify those as massive across board changes like we are going to see as 7.1.5
    And I would not qualify those in 7.1.5 as sooo big either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chawan View Post
    That has nothing to do with the release of 7.1.5
    yes it has cause blizzard WONT change classes in mid-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    There is absolutely no way they will release huge class changes AFTER Nighthold is released.
    The Nighthold release isn't set in stone. They already said it could happen that Nighthold launch is postponed when balancing issues occur or they're not ready.

Literally no chance that they will release it on January 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Stop making stuff up. It won't be the 3rd. I won't be surprised if it's not til Feb. I just subbed so still tons of content I need to catch up on.
    1) Almost all items in Nighthold were changed. So no way it releases after Nighthold.
    2) A lot of class changes went live along with new legendaries and nerfs to existing ones. So no way that comes out right after a new raid.
    3) Blizzard confirmed 7.1.5 in early January so no way it comes out in Feb.

Stop making stuff up?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's either the 4th or the 11th. Any later and it would count as delayed, as it wouldn't be 'early jan' anymore, it would be 'mid jan'

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I highly doubt they'll push a patch right after vacation. Most likely it'll be the 13th.
    Joking right? Friday the 13th joke? Surely you can't actually think a WoW patch will go live on a Friday....right?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And I would not qualify those in 7.1.5 as sooo big either.
    Some classes are facing bigger changes (example: prot warrior), some are barely touched, so it really depends what do you play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    One would argue it makes absolutely no sense to make wide sweeping class changes go live the same day as the raid opens up with zero acclimation time.

Again. I don't believe Blizzard has ever adopted this policy since the inception of WoW and probably for good reason.
    What? Every single patch in history was major class changes combined with a new raid. It was only late in WOD they tried to stagger this in order to mask it as a mini-content patch. In Legion they are actually providing content to go with the balance changes.

I think you also put more faith in Blizzard caring about the world 1st race. They provide a fun, balanced game which is more important then players doing less than maximum performance for a few days after a patch. They also released 7.1 which had sweeping balance changes mid progression as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

It's unlikely after a holiday weekend to push out a big piece of content. Not cool to the employees.

10th makes a lot more sense. Week before raid and week after holidays are over.

17th possible too. It wont be any later than this.

"this week or next week?" is really difficult to tell this time. bc this week is early after vacation (not blizzard typical). but next week is only 1 week before Nighthold Tier starts. Blizzard never gave ppl less than 2 weeks when there were class changes like in 7.1.5.

Really difficult.

But my bet is this week. They will state it tomorrow morning. And realese it this week after server down.

Support for my bet is, ppl asked a lot for having AK catchup while vacations are up. Dont know about USA, but in Germany (Europe) many ppl have vacations till 8th. So Blizz would get 2 things at once. Therefore they sacrifice "direct after vacation" for "2 weeks to test" and "ppl get it while in vacations".

My bet is a statement early tomorrow and patch this week.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-01-01 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    "this week or next week?" is really difficult to tell this time. bc this week is early after vacation (not blizzard typical). but next week is only 1 week before Nighthold Tier starts. Blizzard never gave ppl less than 2 weeks when there were class changes like in 7.1.5.
    That's a lie. Historically, raids were released alongside class changes in the same day all typically part of the same patch. This time may be different, but saying they never gave people less than 2 weeks is just plain wrong.

10th makes a lot more sense. Tomorrow will be all about settling back in, preparing what they have to do for the next week, and discussing final changes to work on for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    blizz has stated many times that bugs appear on the live version of the game that don't appear on the ptr/beta
    I don't know what this has to do with what I said but okay m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

My guess is most people at Blizzard won't even be in the office until Tuesday with the first falling on a Sunday this year. I take it they won't pull into the parking lot for the first time and launch a patch.

But I guess crazier things have happened in the world. Just not many.

I'd like for it to come out this coming week but I think it'll be the following week. The sooner the better though so they can fix whatever they'll inevitably break like they do with all new patches.

The support site says WoW maintenance is from 5 to 6, so there you go.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...aking/20039305

I looked on Google and it seems Monday isn't a public holiday in the US so maybe they will all be back in work?

- - - Updated - - -

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752668556 an hours maintenance, maybe to deploy the patch?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not on the 3rd, I wouldn't think.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752668556 an hours maintenance, maybe to deploy the patch?
    No - an hour's maintenance is just normal weekly.
    At least 5-8 hours to deploy a patch.

So - the answer is now NO patch on the 3rd.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

it must be either 3rd or 10th, its a huge class balance patch and they even hinted it would be released before NH
    3rd sounds most reasonable to me, but the current PTR balance looks pretty unfinished so idk

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    it must be either 3rd or 10th,
    Well, as of a few minutes ago - we know it isn't the 3rd...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.