Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Then you must think he's remarkably poor at generating fear. Maybe you should give him some pointers in how to be a properly divisive leftist leader.
    Identity politics is inherently divisive (we must fear the bad gender, we must mistrust the bad race etc etc). He fully embraces it, at least on the surface level. Now, is it as harmful as the kind of identity politics coming out of the right? Hell no. And I never claimed it was. It doesn't need to be, however, in order to be divisive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What's the point of this thread? Many world leaders say the same thing every New Year's Day (including today).
    But it's Trudeau. So obviously it is worth mentioning.

No idea why people think, that this guy is somehow more trustworthy than any other politician out there. *shrug* (maybe because he is handsome?)

The problem with painting Castro as some kind of evil devil is that this is an American viewpoint. It's understandable why Americans think Castro and Cuba in general were Bad Guys, since, you know, the Cuban Missile Crisis was an actual thing and all, but Canada never had that viewpoint.
    Yea, the political killings and imprisonments, suppression of rights, that was all fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow how did I know this was going to be a Tennisace post? Tennisace with your tro...acting abilities and power of content aggregation you should consider getting a job in this field. You do it so much here you may as well get paid for it.

Deleted
    The problem with painting Castro as some kind of evil devil is that this is an American viewpoint. It's understandable why Americans think Castro and Cuba in general were Bad Guys, since, you know, the Cuban Missile Crisis was an actual thing and all, but Canada never had that viewpoint.
    The dangers of a post-factual age...

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Yea, the political killings and imprisonments, suppression of rights, that was all fine.
    I think the USA was most disturbed by the idea that a Communist state arose so close to their own borders. On a policy level they couldn't care less about any human rights violations in Cuba.

In any case, Trudeau is steering a middle path in terms of foreign relations, and Canada has always had good relations with Cuba. He's just continuing with a policy that has been long established.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Wow how did I know this was going to be a Tennisace post? Tennisace with your tro...acting abilities and power of content aggregation you should consider getting a job in this field. You do it so much here you may as well get paid for it.
    Yeah, you can spot a thread by Tennis just looking at the title. He/she/it already sounds like some kind of news site.

Deleted
    In any case, Trudeau is steering a middle path in terms of foreign relations, and Canada has always had good relations with Cuba. He's just continuing with a policy that has been long established.
    Half of Europe always had good relations with Cuba, but that never stopped calling a spade a spade.

I'm pretty sure it's the viewpoint of anyone who isn't sympathetic to communism/far left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Yeah, you can spot a thread by Tennis just looking at the title. He/she/it already sounds like some kind of news site.
    I give Tennis that, if it weren't for these threads, I wouldn't even know who the hell Trudeau is. A minor country leader that says the same as other democratic minor countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I give Tennis that, if it weren't for these threads, I wouldn't even know who the hell Trudeau is. A minor country leader that says the same as other democratic minor countries.
    Says a lot about your level of knowledge then if you don't know the leader of Canada. Most educated and well respected people would know this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Says a lot about your level of knowledge then if you don't know the leader of Canada. Most educated and well respected people would know this.
    Do you know the all leaders of Europe? South America? Africa?

Just accept the insignificance of the Canadian PM on the world table.

He forgot to say unless they're brutal communist dictators.

I'm honestly just happy that we have a left leaning centrist in charge that understands Canada's role as an aspirational country based on goodwill and generosity. After a decade of a right wing nutjob that did his best to strip away Canadian identity, it's a nice change of pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahah and well respected people? Did I seriously read that right?

Deleted
    Should he know "the leader" of Mexico too? People know only the leaders of the "big players"(USA, Russia, Germany, etc...)and the ones that make fools of themselves or are a bit insane(Kim Jong-un). Canada is neither of those.

Tbh, I can't remember ever reading or hearing about Trudeau in the press, outside of MMOChamp...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Should he know "the leader" of Mexico too? People know only the leaders of the "big players"(USA, Russia, Germany, etc...)and the ones that make fools of themselves or are a bit insane(Kim Jong-un). Canada is neither of those.

Tbh, I can't remember ever reading or hearing about Trudeau in the press, outside of MMOChamp...
    Mr Trudeau was the first person for the orange guy to call. Mr Trudeau was the leader Mr Obama asked to carry on his legacy.
    Hardly a small fry.

Feel free to make a poll as to how well know he is because most people on this forum know of him, and know a lot about him clearly.

Mr Trudeau was the first person for the orange guy to call. Mr Trudeau was the leader Mr Obama asked to carry on his legacy.
    Hardly a small fry.

Feel free to make a poll as to how well know he is because most people on this forum know of him, and know a lot about him clearly.
    most people on this forum know about him because you post a new thread about how great his farts smell every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post

Yes as an informed citizen you should have a basic knowledge of the political landscape of your neighbors ideally. American news pandering to stupidity and being more entertainment than news isn't an excuse when all they try to do is pander to the LCD.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Hardly a small fry.
    And the Portuguese PM was the first calling Mariano Rajoy, the Spanish President. It's something that neighbours do. Nothing newsworthy.