Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This bug affects night elves too. You can't mount a water strider from in the water and walk on top of it. You also can't dive underwater and get back on top. You have to mount onland and then get on top of the water, and stay there. They really need to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    They water walk just fine once you're on the water. Getting onto the water can be a problem if you play larger characters, like tauren, though.
    From time to time they fall through even if you only move with the keyboard. Water walking in legion is a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    From time to time they fall through even if you only move with the keyboard. Water walking in legion is a disaster.
    I've honestly never had a problem with falling back through once on top, only with getting onto the water (as any race it's difficult, but as tauren it's practically impossible).

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No problem with them, unless you took damage.

"It hasn't happened to me therefore it hasn't happened to anyone"
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    It isn't a problem with a specific race, it's a problem with mouseturning and your vertical camera angle.
    Notable exceptions are if you're compensating for lacking masculinity by running around on a mammoth or other large mount, or with a size increasing buff on, which will cause almost all but the smallest of mounts to display this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I have this problem all the time on my BE female DK. Path of Frost or strider, might as well just swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It happens from time to time.
    Most of times it does work though

nowadays it's just as fast to equip the artifact fishing pole (dont even need to dismount)
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    "It hasn't happened to me therefore it hasn't happened to anyone"
    I didn't say that, if you read it correct.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I too have noticed issues getting them to actually sit on the surface.
    I am well aware of damage interrupting their water walking until re-mounted, but this can happen immediately after mounting in water.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meganite View Post
    well I still sink, despite multiple camera angles and going from Bradensbrook to Darkfollows spire (in Val 'Sharah) I might as well wear armbands, coz I cant keep afloat :P
    get the angelers raft for long distance water walking, cause its actuallty faster then a mount, and wont drop you out of the water walking when in combat like the water walking mount

or farm the fishing artifact, and all mounts become water walking mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Is there a bug only for specific races?
    I have this problem on all characters, it won't let you mount in water and jump to get on top of the water.. I have to find a shoreline or use some form of water walking to get back on top.

@OP, never had the strider sink for no reason..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meganite View Post
    well I still sink, despite multiple camera angles and going from Bradensbrook to Darkfollows spire (in Val 'Sharah) I might as well wear armbands, coz I cant keep afloat :P
    If you use right click to control your direction doing water striding.. BE VERY careful that you do not look down towards the water, or this might make you break the surface.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I didn't say that, if you read it correct.
    No one's talking about being unable to mount if they've taken damage, which you implied is the only way this happens; people are talking about a bug, not a known restriction.

And if you have been paying attention you would have noticed they greatly relaxed the penalty on taking damage. Used to be if you took any damage, even fall damage, you would have to remount to water walk. Now fall damage doesn't count at all, and I think even mob damage doesn't count after you've left combat (without needing to remount) (not as certain about that one, but definitely about the fall damage).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or farm the fishing artifact, and all mounts become water walking mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    nowadays it's just as fast to equip the artifact fishing pole (dont even need to dismount)
    Do you two actually have the fishing artifact? because, mine does not give all mounts water walking.. you only get water walking while dismounted..

Mounts do however get 150% movement speed in water, even if you don't get transformed.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Do you two actually have the fishing artifact? because, mine does not give all mounts water walking.. you only get water walking while dismounted..

Mounts do however get 150% movement speed in water, even if you don't get transformed.
    yeah my mounts water walk when i have the pole equipped

- - - Updated - - -

No one's talking about being unable to mount if they've taken damage, which you implied is the only way this happens; people are talking about a bug, not a known restriction.

And if you have been paying attention you would have noticed they greatly relaxed the penalty on taking damage. Used to be if you took any damage, even fall damage, you would have to remount to water walk. Now fall damage doesn't count at all, and I think even mob damage doesn't count after you've left combat (without needing to remount) (not as certain about that one, but definitely about the fall damage).
    nope, after being hit at all on the mount you need to remount to get back to water walking, not just exit combat
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account

Mob dmg still takes you off water walking, but yes, fall dmg doesn't seem to. And I wasn't talking about being unable to mount.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Exactly and that's working as intended for me. Absolutely no problem. So I don't know if there's a weird bug for other races (am playing male Pandaren) or you guys just have your camera angle set too high and therefore fall in the water?
    Stop talking.

There is a bug. You simply haven't experienced it.

I tested this with 10 different mounts, when I got [Surface Tension]..

And I have just jumped out from dalaran to test it on some water. Using fishing artifact, did not give mounts water walking..

If I'm doing something wrong, please explain how your able to get any mount to work on water.

As soon as you mount up, the [Surface Tension] buff disapears.. if you then walk into water, you will only get the transformation buff giving you increased swim speed.

- - - Updated - - -

nope, after being hit at all on the mount you need to remount to get back to water walking, not just exit combat

Strange I have the pole on two characters and with the pole equipt and with the water walking skill on the pole, no mount besides a water strider has water walking.. Seems a bit odd it doesn't work for me at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Pruke View Post
    Strange I have the pole on two characters and with the pole equipt and with the water walking skill on the pole, no mount besides a water strider has water walking.. Seems a bit odd it doesn't work for me at all....
    I think he and the other poster is full of shit.. never gave water walking to my mounts either.. and I think there would have been a lot more focus on it, if it did give water walking to all mounts..

But, maybe he will prove us wrong, when / if he replies back to me, since I have asked how he maneges to get water walking for all mounts.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-01 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Blizzard broke them on purpose me thinks.
    Back in the day you could mount while swimming, jump and it would start walking on water.
    Nowadays you either have to go to some shore and mount there or use class abilities like levitate to mount above water.

Pain in the ass for my pally, nonissue for my priestess.
    It's not just the water striders, I have issues using path of frost on my dk