Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oddly enough, I think that squeaky toy can keep the Doctor in line more than any other previous companion with the exception of maybe Donna.
    Ugh I didn't like Donna. All she did was yell alot.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

i hope they give bills a baseball bat
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Ugh I didn't like Donna. All she did was yell alot.
    And yet she was my #1 favorite companion of all time. To each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    And yet she was my #1 favorite companion of all time. To each their own I guess.
    For me it was a tie between Amy and clara

#IStandWithGinaCarano

For me it was a tie between Amy and clara
    Ugh, Amy and Clara were both so cringey. At least Martha kept her feelings hidden and didn't throw herself at the Doctor every second.

Ugh, Amy and Clara were both so cringey. At least Martha kept her feelings hidden and didn't throw herself at the Doctor every second.
    Gotta admit that whether it was a simulation or not. When Clara threw all the tardis keys into the lava that was pretty savage.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Gotta admit that whether it was a simulation or not. When Clara threw all the tardis keys into the lava that was pretty savage.
    While her murder/suicide plan on the doctor was pretty bad, what first turned me off of Clara was when in the episode In the Forest of the Night, she said that all the kids were better off dead than be orphaned, and they'd just be crying for there parents. There are a lot of planets with humanoid races that could have easily adopted them, and what does that say to all the orphaned kids who were watching, that Clara thinks they're better off dead. That episode compounded with her murder/suicide plot on the doctor made Clara my least favorite companion ever.

While her murder/suicide plan on the doctor was pretty bad, what first turned me off of Clara was when in the episode In the Forest of the Night, she said that all the kids were better off dead than be orphaned, and they'd just be crying for there parents. There are a lot of planets with humanoid races that could have easily adopted them, and what does that say to all the orphaned kids who were watching, that Clara thinks they're better off dead. That episode compounded with her murder/suicide plot on the doctor made Clara my least favorite companion ever.
    I'm gonna have to go back and watch that episode. I feel like I'm missing context for this. Clara was definitely the more serious of the doctors recent companions. I didn't like her boyfriend the PE teacher. Everytime he talked to her it felt like a woe as me whining.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'm gonna have to go back and watch that episode. I feel like I'm missing context for this. Clara was definitely the more serious of the doctors recent companions. I didn't like her boyfriend the PE teacher. Everytime he talked to her it felt like a woe as me whining.
    It's the episode where the forests spring up around the world, and there is believed to be a life ending solar flare heading towards earth. Clara leads the doctor back to the tardis and quote:
    "When they're done you need to get in your box and go", "we're all going, we're taking the kids." "Taking them where, what are you going to do with them, leave them on an asteroid, or a space academy for the gifted and talented, they just want there moms and dads, and they'll never stop wanting them." "I can save you and Danny", "Danny pink will never leave those kids as long as he is breathing". "I can save you", "I don't want you to...I don't want to be the last of my kind."

Every time I watch this part I wonder, are they forgetting they have a time machine and can get all their parents instantaneously. And what is so wrong with taking them to a space academy for the gifted and talented. There are millions of kids world wide who have lost their parents, they miss them, and sure they may never stop missing them, but they are still happy to go on living, and eventually go on with their life.

I think back and compare this scene with Donna and Pompeii where by comparison she was begging the doctor to just save a few if she could. The exact opposite of Clara.
    Last edited by daenerys; 2017-01-01 at 02:16 AM.

while ratings for the christmas special werent super great in the uk it was the most watched episode of doctor who ever on bbcamerica in fact it was their most watched episode of anything ever.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    All jokes aside, that sounds fucking terrible XD. I've never been a big fan of the festive season, I find the whole process rather ridiculous...

But that doesn't stop me and my family from making sure that Christmas dinner is the best thing we eat all year... 5+ course, hours of food. Our record is 10 hours of near continuous eating.

And it wouldn't be complete without CRACKERS! One at the start of the meal, one between each course and usually one at the end.

Sometimes, we even have some left over for new years!

It's superb.
    Kelimbror put it in the worst, most cynical way imaginable :P "Like Golden Corral," he says. Or, y'know, like any large meal :P

Americans typically don't separate meals into different "courses." We just put it all together and let people get whatever they want.

And as for it being oversalted and flavorless... Well... I'm sorry Kelimbror's family can't cook? :P My dad made duck l'orange along with mashed potatoes 'n veggies. Was frickin' great.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    *snip*
    Our traditional Christmas food is just...blah and oversalted. Welcome to America, it's just the way it is.

PS - is that a bowl of ketchup on that table? Lol.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-01-01 at 12:29 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i hope they give bills a baseball bat
    Why, are you hoping she'll Ace the role of companion?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the episode where the forests spring up around the world, and there is believed to be a life ending solar flare heading towards earth. Clara leads the doctor back to the tardis and quote:
    "When they're done you need to get in your box and go", "we're all going, we're taking the kids." "Taking them where, what are you going to do with them, leave them on an asteroid, or a space academy for the gifted and talented, they just want there moms and dads, and they'll never stop wanting them." "I can save you and Danny", "Danny pink will never leave those kids as long as he is breathing". "I can save you", "I don't want you to...I don't want to be the last of my kind."

Every time I watch this part I wonder, are they forgetting they have a time machine and can get all their parents instantaneously. And what is so wrong with taking them to a space academy for the gifted and talented. There are millions of kids world wide who have lost their parents, they miss them, and sure they may never stop missing them, but they are still happy to go on living, and eventually go on with their life.

I think back and compare this scene with Donna and Pompeii where by comparison she was begging the doctor to just save a few if she could. The exact opposite of Clara.
    Honestly that episode was horrible, lets be honest. I am trying to forget that it existed right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    PS - is that a bowl of ketchup on that table? Lol.
    I believe that is cranberry sauce.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly that episode was horrible, lets be honest. I am trying to forget that it existed right now.
    I liked the episode. Was fun watching the Doctor interact with the children. But yeah Clara did get pretty savage in that episode. I kind of felt like most of it was unwarranted and felt she was inappropriately lashing out at the doctor towards the end.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Kelimbror put it in the worst, most cynical way imaginable :P "Like Golden Corral," he says
    Well I guess that table looks pretty good, for like... one course... where's the other 80% of the food
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I agree i wouldn't call it a Christmas special besides the fact it released on Xmas.
    And THAT is why its called an xmas special. its released on xmas. The Sherlock XMas special had ZERO to do with xmas, yet it was an xmas special BECAUSE it was released around xmas.
    Nardole and 12 are a good combo but i didn't care for the super hero story nor the bland superhero references thrown all out the episode. The plot sucked for me because there was none and the villains were useless and played second fiddle kinda like the Doctor did.
    fixed opinial bias that for you
    The show didnt feel like Dr. Who for me and it has now turned into a kids show run by the worlds biggest fanyboy. TLDR the episode felt lazy.
    Oh the irony seeing that Dr Who was always targeted for kids from the beginning. Just like comics

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, Amy and Clara were both so cringey for me.
    fixed that. And every companien not Donna or Billy was better then the two of them....

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the episode. Was fun watching the Doctor interact with the children. But yeah Clara did get pretty savage in that episode. I kind of felt like most of it was unwarranted and felt she was inappropriately lashing out at the doctor towards the end.
    It was the stupidest way to end a episode, with many plot holes and was way too easy to see the ending.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    And THAT is why its called an xmas special. its released on xmas. The Sherlock XMas special had ZERO to do with xmas, yet it was an xmas special BECAUSE it was released around xmas.
    fixed opinial bias that for you
    Oh the irony seeing that Dr Who was always targeted for kids from the beginning. Just like comics

- - - Updated - - -

fixed that. And every companien not Donna or Billy was better then the two of them....
    So what was the plot and why was it so good in your opinion?

"What I did, I did without choice.. In the name of peace and sanity"

RIP