Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    1. With the upcoming patch, how do you think Warriors will stack up when compared to other Melee DPS?
    2. Which Warrior spec will be the go to spec for competitive mythic raiding and why?
    3. Which races have the best damage output for Alliance and Horde with Arms and Fury in regards to racial perks?
    4. I haven't played for a while. Are Profession DPS perks still a thing? If so, which one does the best, if not, which professions do you suggest for Warrior and why?

Thanks in advanced.
    1. remains to be seen I don't think it's going to be enough for the top with pretty much everyone else having damage wise very strong melee specs and better kits.
    2. Both specs are a lot closer after arms lost a lot of consistency from the legendary nerfs.
    3./4. Mostly irrelevant pick bloodelf and alchemy.

Deleted
    Arms is currently one of the best if not THE best Melee DPS spec. Fury on the other hand is in my opinion not nearly strong enough when put into comparison. The upcoming changes to our DPS Legendaries however are hitting Arms alot harder than Fury.

1. I believe they will still be at the top (Atleast Top 10)
    2. Arms is getting compensations for the nerfs to their strongest DPS Legendaries so I still believe they will outclass Fury in most situations.
    3. There is a breakpoint for haste that Arms has which is normally quite difficult to achieve, however, the Troll racial gives you enoug haste to reach it which results to it being superior at this gear level. Dwarf has a racial that increases Critical damage which is extremely strong for Arms as you rely heavily on your Battle Cry (The new Recklessness). According to the "Arms Compendium" that Bombs linked, the Human racial passive "The Human Spirit" will eventually outscale every other race.
    4. No, there are no professions that grant DPS anymore. But there is however a severe lack of usefulness for some professions such as Blacksmithing. Engineering, Alchemy and Enchanting are currently your safest bets as you will save ALOT of gold with them.

Unless Nighthold is literally filled with AoE fights, I don't see Fury being better than Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggeh View Post
    2. Arms is getting compensations for the nerfs to their strongest DPS Legendaries so I still believe they will outclass Fury in most situations.
    Was there anything besides the aura buff pretty much everyone and their mother got ?
    Eight second battle cry guarantees a second ms and although blood isn't lasting for the whole duration I'd guess the breakpoint loses a good bit of relevance.

1. With the upcoming patch, how do you think Warriors will stack up when compared to other Melee DPS?
    2. Which Warrior spec will be the go to spec for competitive mythic raiding and why?
    3. Which races have the best damage output for Alliance and Horde with Arms and Fury in regards to racial perks?
    4. I haven't played for a while. Are Profession DPS perks still a thing? If so, which one does the best, if not, which professions do you suggest for Warrior and why?

Thanks in advanced.
    1. Warriors have been in general great overall and they're looking to dominate even more.
    2. Obviously FR Arms. The tier sets and trinkets scream for high DPS and shorter BC cooldowns along with FR build and CS synergy is going to proc/be-up a lot more.
    3. The real question is, how much DPS would a racial trait really matter? I think gnomes have it best because they have the haste racial, but I don't think this really matters.
    4. Professions are there to have fun with or make your gaming experience easier. Went with Herb/Alchemy (dropped blacksmithing/engineering, had BS since BC and eng since WotLK) I don't ever have to worry about potions <3. And the amount of gold I'm making, consistently on weekly basis, is great (20-40k a week) and this is coming from a guy who rarely farms, but collects herbs on the way to WQ/Dungeons - I have a fulltime job and I go to school (3 classes now and 4th is starting in a week) so I log few hours a day (1-4) and more on the weekend. I also have those Bloodhunter shoulder enchants which help out a lot with getting bloods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, even if arms is still better in 7.1.5 I will still stick to fury cause I've got 43 traits in the weapon and I don't really see myself grinding AP for the arms artifact. Besides playing fury is a lot more fun for me. However, I am yet to participate in a first kill for our guild this expansion. I don't think I've ever been benched as often as I have been so far in Legion. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    Well, even if arms is still better in 7.1.5 I will still stick to fury cause I've got 43 traits in the weapon and I don't really see myself grinding AP for the arms artifact. Besides playing fury is a lot more fun for me. However, I am yet to participate in a first kill for our guild this expansion. I don't think I've ever been benched as often as I have been so far in Legion. :-)
    Absolutely, I'm doing the same thing but for Arms. Once I'm done with Arms I'll start packing into Fury and get gear for it (need more haste gear).

This might be a sidenote but I really hope they buff fury so its better than arms on single target. To me arms should be a burst/pvp/cleave spec and a little bit lower than fury on single target dps. It's been that for many expansions before, so it feels kinda wierd that this has now changed. However if they won't change that balance I really hope in Nighthold there will be some good fights for both specs since now a majority of the fights are just better as arms. I don't mind arms to be good on some fights, but when fury is just worse in 90% of all fights something is wrong with the balance of the two specs. Especially considering fury is worse than arms in pvp aswell.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2016-12-31 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggeh View Post
    Arms is currently one of the best if not THE best Melee DPS spec. Fury on the other hand is in my opinion not nearly strong enough when put into comparison. The upcoming changes to our DPS Legendaries however are hitting Arms alot harder than Fury.

1. I believe they will still be at the top (Atleast Top 10)
    3. There is a breakpoint for haste that Arms has which is normally quite difficult to achieve, however, the Troll racial gives you enoug haste to reach it which results to it being superior at this gear level. Dwarf has a racial that increases Critical damage which is extremely strong for Arms as you rely heavily on your Battle Cry (The new Recklessness). According to the "Arms Compendium" that Bombs linked, the Human racial passive "The Human Spirit" will eventually outscale every other race.
    4. No, there are no professions that grant DPS anymore. But there is however a severe lack of usefulness for some professions such as Blacksmithing. Engineering, Alchemy and Enchanting are currently your safest bets as you will save ALOT of gold with them.

Unless Nighthold is literally filled with AoE fights, I don't see Fury being better than Arms.
    I understand that Fury is better at AoE, but what is Arms AoE like when compared to other DPS specs?
    Last edited by Lionpaw; 2017-01-01 at 04:33 AM.

Deleted
    I understand that Fury is better at AoE, but what is Arms AoE like when compared to other DPS specs?
    Arms aoe is nonexistent. No, seriously, you have great burst aoe with bladestorm and then continue with your single target rotation because cleave/whirlwind isnt worth to press at all (maybe at 5-10 targets, but even tanks will pull ahead in this case)

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    This might be a sidenote but I really hope they buff fury so its better than arms on single target. To me arms should be a burst/pvp/cleave spec and a little bit lower than fury on single target dps. It's been that for many expansions before, so it feels kinda wierd that this has now changed. However if they won't change that balance I really hope in Nighthold there will be some good fights for both specs since now a majority of the fights are just better as arms. I don't mind arms to be good on some fights, but when fury is just worse in 90% of all fights something is wrong with the balance of the two specs. Especially considering fury is worse than arms in pvp aswell.
    to me fury is the braindead buttonsmash spec that requires no resourcemanagment and therefor should be a very bad melee spec(same like frost dk was)
    ,wheras arms is the skilly tactical and refined playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    to me fury is the braindead buttonsmash spec that requires no resourcemanagment and therefor should be a very bad melee spec(same like frost dk was)
    ,wheras arms is the skilly tactical and refined playstyle.
    Lol. Don't let us kid ourselves. While arms might have slightly more resource management(not much at all with leg gloves) . Arms also has less buttons to press. Itsd basicalluy just FR FR CS MS MS MS maybe slam here and there. Not very skillful or tactical if you ask me. Neither of arms and fury are very hard to play or manage. But so is no spec/class atm since the skill prune in legion. Reason I object to arms being good in pvp is that it has always been the braindead burst hard pvp-spec, whereas fury has been the refined pve spec. Now arms is better in both with doesn't make sense.

Lol. Don't let us kid ourselves. While arms might have slightly more resource management(not much at all with leg gloves) . Arms also has less buttons to press. Itsd basicalluy just FR FR CS MS MS MS maybe slam here and there. Not very skillful or tactical if you ask me. Neither of arms and fury are very hard to play or manage. But so is no spec/class atm since the skill prune in legion. Reason I object to arms being good in pvp is that it has always been the braindead burst hard pvp-spec, whereas fury has been the refined pve spec. Now arms is better in both with doesn't make sense.
    Actually slam is the button you press the most as arms warrior (press slam button = aprox. 25 to 30 % of total buttons pressed).
    Reason why u object to arms is because the spec is too difficult for you and Furys simpleness is attracting you, although it is the inferior spec.

And saying arms is the braindead pvp burst spec shows how ridiolously little you know. Fury warriors did oneshot people with a single whirlwind in wotlk, yep even dks. I have been the wirld highest warrior in s5 2v2, by having luck with getting the axes from kel thussad first week and oneshotting all the stupid dks.

In Cata, fury could burst down people in a oneshot makro. I dont really recall pandaria, but i remember that fury nearly always was the "bursty" class.
    I think Fury bladestrom did kill people taht had no immunity cooldown. That didnt happen as arms at all.

In Wod, there was a fury talent, it was the replacement for the ae fear , dont know how it was called, that bursted for 70-80 % of hp, so fury was the only class that could delete people in three globals of a stun. There was nothing scarier than a fury / rogue combo in highrated 2vs2 minus if u are not playing a class with immunities.

Atm, with pvp talents and all, the highest burst hit a arms warrier can do are about 450 k (880+ ilvl, so 8 % stat increase). Fury beats that with ease, as they can buff themselves to deal like 80 % increased dmg (dr, deathwish+ mastery). If u play double dps as warrior, u play fury right now because of the higher burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Actually slam is the button you press the most as arms warrior (press slam button = aprox. 25 to 30 % of total buttons pressed).
    Reason why u object to arms is because the spec is too difficult for you and Furys simpleness is attracting you, although it is the inferior spec.

And saying arms is the braindead pvp burst spec shows how ridiolously little you know. Fury warriors did oneshot people with a single whirlwind in wotlk, yep even dks. I have been the wirld highest warrior in s5 2v2, by having luck with getting the axes from kel thussad first week and oneshotting all the stupid dks.

In Cata, fury could burst down people in a oneshot makro. I dont really recall pandaria, but i remember that fury nearly always was the "bursty" class.
    I think Fury bladestrom did kill people taht had no immunity cooldown. That didnt happen as arms at all.

In Wod, there was a fury talent, it was the replacement for the ae fear , dont know how it was called, that bursted for 70-80 % of hp, so fury was the only class that could delete people in three globals of a stun. There was nothing scarier than a fury / rogue combo in highrated 2vs2 minus if u are not playing a class with immunities.

Atm, with pvp talents and all, the highest burst hit a arms warrier can do are about 450 k (880+ ilvl, so 8 % stat increase). Fury beats that with ease, as they can buff themselves to deal like 80 % increased dmg (dr, deathwish+ mastery). If u play double dps as warrior, u play fury right now because of the higher burst.
    Isnt slam just for BC and rage dump otherwise MS/CS is prio? hard do believe you press it that much unless you have gloves and get a lot of excess rage you shouldn't press it more than MS/CS at least, maybe even sometimes, but not more. All top logs i've checked slam wasn't pressed more than MS

And no reason I don't like arms is not because it's difficult, because it's not. Reason I don't like it is because it's more random than fury. Sometimes you get shit procs and your dps sucks, sometimes you get lucky and you are on top. Arms is the most random spec in the game behind outlaw rogue.

There's like nothing that makes arms harder to play than fury, so don't kid yourself. Managing rage as arms is not harder than managing enrage uptime as fury. It's just a more rng spec than fury, that's why quite a few warriors play fury despite it's worse in both pve and pvp.

I don't really care about burst, but if all the top ranked players play it, it's better than fury. overpower/opportunity strikes/ms/die by the sword etc, arms has a good arsenal of things and only lack maybe bit of burst and self heal. Arms has been the best pvp spec for a long time now, and now it's also better in pve which doesn't make sense really since fury has been best sustained single target for a long time. Arms was only good in WoD because of sweeping strikes and in MoP it was the same pretty much.

Deleted
    hmmm, " just FR FR CS MS MS MS maybe slam here and there". But that's the point, this isn't the rotation, you need to correctly manage your rage, as opposed to press whatever pops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    2. Obviously FR Arms..
    Based on Warcraft logs, it seems like Fury is generally doing better. Can anyone explain why everyone is telling me Arms is doing better?

Quote Originally Posted by Qob View Post
    hmmm, " just FR FR CS MS MS MS maybe slam here and there". But that's the point, this isn't the rotation, you need to correctly manage your rage, as opposed to press whatever pops up.
    Its the same with fury. You can't just pop Rampage whenever it pops because it depends on if you have enrage already and you prio other spells before it. You have to be smart with your spells to keep enrage/rage generation high. Rage management/micromanagement is nothing unique to arms. Arms is not a hard spec to play correctly.

You cut my post short btw. My point was that Arms has few skills to use. While they have to be pressed in the correct order and managed, it's still few skills. I have played Arms in Legion at mythic level so I know. When they nerfed arms and buffed fury a few months ago fury seemed a lot more compelling to play than arms just because it's less random. Difference i dps between arms and fury is not that big, and fury when played correctly can rank quite high on most fights.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-01-01 at 10:32 PM.

Still waiting for OPPS to recieve much needed buffs

Based on Warcraft logs, it seems like Fury is generally doing better. Can anyone explain why everyone is telling me Arms is doing better?

Fury can rank high. But arms is slightly better overall. What you linked to is max damage logs. Statistics says arms is better. Statistics wise arms is ahead of fury in every single Mythic fight except on Helya.

Deleted
    Its the same with fury. You can't just pop Rampage whenever it pops because it depends on if you have enrage already and you prio other spells before it. You have to be smart with your spells to keep enrage/rage generation high. Rage management/micromanagement is nothing unique to arms. Arms is not a hard spec to play correctly.

You cut my post short btw. My point was that Arms has few skills to use. While they have to be pressed in the correct order and managed, it's still few skills. I have played Arms in Legion at mythic level so I know. When they nerfed arms and buffed fury a few months ago fury seemed a lot more compelling to play than arms just because it's less random. Difference i dps between arms and fury is not that big, and fury when played correctly can rank quite high on most fights.
    yes, there are only a few buttons to press. However I'd still say the play style feels very 'considered', as oppsoed to a fast fluid rotation.

Direct Link - http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/e...c/dps/warrior/

Compare the DPS, then compare the Damage Done between both specs. Go down the list on every boss and note down both of those numbers. As barack said, the statistics show FR Arms is slightly ahead of Fury.