Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meat's meat. Who gives a fuck. I order it like that just because c**ks don't like it.

Edited: As a side note, only games with RPG elements can be good. Sure you can enjoy your depthless time sink and call it playing a "game," but in reality you have no taste.

Edited 2: Wine tasting isn't REAL!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-01-02 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Meat isn't meant to be "chewy". Like, chemically.
    well i know what i like and no one is going to tell me how to eat what i eat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Oh noes, people like a different flavor than I do, the horror! Well done vs rare is as asinine as Coke vs Pepsi.
    woah woah woah...let's not get too hasty here...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yes, and a fast sear is all that is required to kill of surface bacteria.

I always joke that if I opened a steak house, that if you wanted to order a well done steak you would have to ask for it to be ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

By who's standard? Any food expert will tell you well done is wrong.
    and i would tell them to stfu and let me eat in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I find the idea of eating any meat that's still pink nausea inducing... It's just a disgusting idea to me.
    same here. i find blood or any hint of it nauseating. as i'm quite squeamish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Do you also eat your pizza with a fork?
    does it matter?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

1) I like my meat well done.
    2) I don't give a fuck what YOU think i should eat and how, i'm a free man.
    3) You don't pay for my steaks, i do.
    4) If you really are that emotional about how someone else eat their meet, you need stop everything you're doing and rethink life, you're doing it wrong m8.
    Edit : And if you're a chef at a restaurant and refuse to cook/serve people what they ordered based on personal opinion, then you need to get fired and or shot.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2017-01-02 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I'd say eat what you want, but at least taste the different versions to see if you truly like "well done" more than "medium" or any other type (except raw )
    i had rare steak once....i got sick from it and spent the next day throwing up from food poisoning...NEVER AGAIN.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    same here. i find blood or any hint of it nauseating. as i'm quite squeamish.
    It's actually not blood, it's myoglobin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Well done steaks are chewier and lost a lot of their taste. That is why many people, who decide to get their steak well done, afterwards drown it in a sauce of their chosing. You can easily test that yourself. Get a common cut from a bovine and prepare it well done. Just salt and pepper. Then prepare meat with a strong gamey note, like boar. prepare it the same way, well done, salt and pepper. If prepared the same way, you will not be able to taste the difference. Both will have a seared, crispy skin, both will be chewy and both will taste like salt and pepper.

Now, obviously you can eat whatever you want. But if you are presented several options and you pick the one offering you the least I will look down on you.

On the other side, once they are able to produce artificial, grey, chewy "meat", you will have a cheap alternative to real meat.
    the only sauce i ever add is if it's something like alfredo sauce or some kind of spicy curry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    It's actually not blood, it's myoglobin.
    i still find it to be disgusting.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still find it to be disgusting.
    It's just a little meat juice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I enjoy it just fine.

I usually do medium-well knowing they'll overcook it.
    my brother ordered a medium rare steak once...they had to send it back three times until finally the head chef there cooked it for him and it finally came out acceptable. (first one was too rare next one was well done which i ate tasted pretty good to me. third one was burnt to a crisp. my dad had that one he LOVES burnt steaks.)

- - - Updated - - -

It's just a little meat juice.
    it's like you can't get over my preferences or something. i like well done rib-eye. steak snobs need to seriously get over themselves.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-01-02 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    1) I like my meat well done.
    2) I don't give a fuck what YOU think i should eat and how, i'm a free man.
    3) You don't pay for my steaks, i do.
    4) If you really are that emotional about how someone else eat their meet, you need stop everything you're doing and rethink life, you're doing it wrong m8.
    Edit : And if you're a chef at a restaurant and refuse to cook/serve people what they ordered based on personal opinion, then you need to get fired and or shot.
    Someone should get shot because they won't cook you a well done steak... That is so rational.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

There is special place in hell reserved for bronies, slow drivers in the left lane and well done steak eaters.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like you can't get over my preferences or something. i like well done rib-eye. steak snobs need to seriously get over themselves.
    It's like you cant take a joke.

Deleted
    As the guy in the kitchen grilling the steaks, I wouldn't say I hate people ordering well done, but there is a collective groan from everyone when one is ordered. Not so much because they're "ruining" the meat. It's their food and they paid for it like everyone else. It's more that people who order well done, where I work at least (North East England), tend to be a bit fussier about it. The difference between a Medium Rare and a Medium Well is significant to some, but the average guy either won't notice, or won't care enough to send it back if it's a little bit pinker than they asked for. People who order it Well Done are more likely to be concerned about food poisoning, and I've seen a few large cuts of meat being sent back for not being cooked enough, even if feels like a giant piece of jerky.

That said, people on the other end of the spectrum who want it Rare can be just as bad. They're more likely to be show-offs who would eat it raw if we served it like that, just to prove they could. Those are both just observations from my own workplace of course. Honestly, chefs will always find some reason to complain about people who order food, but we're a bit more content to cook your meat Medium :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Frankly I'm more confused by the obsession everyone has with having it rare as shit. Medium-medium well is love. SOMETIMES medium rare depending on the cut and if you can get the whole thing that way rather than partially rare still. Ansd no, sauce is not okay. If you need sauce on your steak you're either doing it wrong or eating shit grade 'steak' that has gone off.
    Dunno, I like it raw in the middle. Always have.

As long as you don't cook your meat until its greyish brown, that's just gross.
    Jeebus no...that's just...wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Dunno, I like it raw in the middle. Always have.
    Never liked that. Just makes me feel gross and triggers my gag reflex like crazy.

I cook my steaks medium-rare (ideally just sear the outside) then put a bunch of bleu cheese crumbles ontop and put it under broiler for a minute or two to "crustify" them.

Another acceptable substitute is freshly grated parm instead of bleu.

Before cooking I marinate them in a little bit of Worcestershire sauce and this:

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-02 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's not really different from blood. duh.

we are not talking about some vague fluids. we are talking about very specific fluid.
    Nice try at moving goalposts though.
    There are a number of fluids that leak out of a steak when it's cooking or cooling. Some of it contains myoglobin, which I believe gives it that pinkish colour (occasionally - if you've seen a lot of steaks you'll know that sometimes the fluid is clear and sometimes it's pink). I'm no expert on this so I can't tell you exactly what all those fluids are, I suspect a lot of it is interstitial fluid though.

And no, myoglobin is not blood. You may think it's similar to a component of blood, but really, what point are you trying to make there? It's not dangerous in any way, and it's not a sign of an undercooked steak. That's just determined by the internal temperature reached in the cooking process.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm not, it's the arm-chair wikipedia experts who barge in here and claim "it's not blood - it's myoglobin and water." Well guess what blood is? hemoglobin and water. And the difference between hemoglobin and myoglobin is: one is hemo- and the other is myo- which mean blood and muscle, respectively. The main part "globin" is what makes it blood. Not the prefix- that denotes the whereabouts of it.
    Um, you might want to lay off the armchair wikipedia thing if you're going to start making up etymology. Hemo- means blood, it's derived from Greek. The -globin part means "globule".

Also blood is not just hemoglobin and water. Blood is a fluid consisting of red and white blood cells (and platelets) suspended in plasma (and probably many other things, organic chem is complex). The cytoplasm of the red blood cells specifically contains the hemoglobin, which is what gives them their red colour. And yes, a lot of water too.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-01-02 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's a sign of something wrong with you. Not kidding. Human taste naturally veers towards juiciness and fat, both of which well-done rids the meat of. To want leathery meat is a sign of bad genes. Those with autism typically throw up with steak (or meats in general) that aren't dry due to the texture. I'm not saying you shouldn't breed, but it'd be a favor to our species.

You are ruining good meat!!!!!!! *shaking*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    You are ruining good meat!!!!!!! *shaking*
    *glove slap* i'll duel you. pistols at sundown.

*glove slap* i'll duel you. pistols at sundown.
    Wait, wasnt this about meat?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I want my pistols rare. >___<