Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just finished it, Noct was lvl 72, the others 68. Was surprised at how short the story was, however I did enjoy it. I'll do the post game stuff now, max out lvls etc. Good game, but not great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Just finished it, Noct was lvl 72, the others 68. Was surprised at how short the story was, however I did enjoy it. I'll do the post game stuff now, max out lvls etc. Good game, but not great.
    Did you watch the movie and the anime, Both are huge chucks of story if you didn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For me the last boss of 13 and 14 was a pain. Both can 1 shot u. The recommend is like 40 but the boss level is around 43 or 44 if I recalled right.

Its doable but I wouldn't say it was smooth.
    Oh yea, I wasn't trying to say it would be easy... just not too bad unlike some other games where if you are underleveled there's just nothing you can do. It's absolutely WAY easier if you overlevel the content though

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh yea, I wasn't trying to say it would be easy... just not too bad unlike some other games where if you are underleveled there's just nothing you can do. It's absolutely WAY easier if you overlevel the content though
    True.

Its just imo some choices they made just seemed odd to me. Like for example I think it was the first weapon you got, after I got it I walked outside and there was a level 45 monster right there. It wasn't even night time lol.

IMO the game has its issues and the last few chapters feel really rushed. But overall its a decent game and has a good story but the delivery is bad.

Hope to hear something soon about the DLC, Even more so the Co-Op DLC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Did you watch the movie and the anime, Both are huge chucks of story if you didn't.
    No, I know, I need to check it out. Even still, I think the story had so much to explore. The fall of the empire, Cor, everything to do with the world of ruin. Watching a video about what was left from versus 13. I feel like the game could have done with some more time, but I understand why they wouldn't extend it. I hope DLC fills in some gaps. I felt like I wasn't getting the whole experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    No, I know, I need to check it out. Even still, I think the story had so much to explore. The fall of the empire, Cor, everything to do with the world of ruin. Watching a video about what was left from versus 13. I feel like the game could have done with some more time, but I understand why they wouldn't extend it. I hope DLC fills in some gaps. I felt like I wasn't getting the whole experience.
    Even with the movie/anime you can get the feeling. Its like I said a moment ago, I feel FFXV has a really good story. Its just that it has a hard time telling it, The delivery is really bad.

I also hope the DLC fix these story issues. My main beef is the fact this game has been in concept for 10 years and development for 5, yet this is the final product we got. So much of the story shouldn't be tied to outside the game and it is.

It feels rushed.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno why people still keep repeating this fallacy. They have a bit of story, but not much relevant story at all. Yes, the game merely tells you about certain things rather than showing you like the movie does, which is a pity. That just means the presentation of those story bits are lackluster in the game, not that they're actually missing.

As for the anime, it's literally just "here's 10 minutes of younger Noctis getting a bit closer to this character" for each party member. That's not a "huge chunk of story".

The worst one I've seen was someone telling a streamer to watch the movie because they thought chapter 13 was a little confusing. Like, the movie has literally nothing to do with anything in chapter 13. Good god.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I dunno why people still keep repeating this fallacy.
    It isn't a fallacy, Both are huge chucks to the story. You can enjoy the game without them but it doesn't change that fact. You know fuck all about any of the characters or what is going on at the start without both and even some later characters.

Like I said it isn't a opinion both play a huge part in the story.

Even with the movie/anime you can get the feeling. Its like I said a moment ago, I feel FFXV has a really good story. Its just that it has a hard time telling it, The delivery is really bad.

I also hope the DLC fix these story issues. My main beef is the fact this game has been in concept for 10 years and development for 5, yet this is the final product we got. So much of the story shouldn't be tied to outside the game and it is.

It feels rushed.
    Apparently the game that we got had been in development for only 3, after changes etc that were made. Yea, I think it is a poor move to expect people to watch a movie in order to get clued in- the relevant details should be in game, not out, and yea, the end result is something that feels rushed. I feel that with a bit more time, this could have been a great game. For me, X was the last great FF game, the others have all fell short IMO, and whilst I enjoyed this one more than XII and the XIII trilogy, I still can't push myself to call it great, for these reasons. It isn't so much what is in the game, but what was left out.

Got platinum on this yesterday. +110 hours, could've beat it much earlier but I took my time and enjoyed the landscape, manual drive half the time instead of auto TPs. Grand adventure, A+ post-game content, loved the story and how dark it got. Dialogue, soundtrack, aesthetics, character development spot on. There are obvious parts that they cut due to time constraints. It was posted in the Ultimania guide from Japan among other stuff. It's just part of the business and what the game lacks is ultimately why the overall opinion on this game is what's bringing it to being a 10/10 game. IMO I'd give this as close to a 10 as possible. The best final fantasy I've ever played (out of 6 total).

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I dunno why people still keep repeating this fallacy. They have a bit of story, but not much relevant story at all. Yes, the game merely tells you about certain things rather than showing you like the movie does, which is a pity. That just means the presentation of those story bits are lackluster in the game, not that they're actually missing.

As for the anime, it's literally just "here's 10 minutes of younger Noctis getting a bit closer to this character" for each party member. That's not a "huge chunk of story".

The worst one I've seen was someone telling a streamer to watch the movie because they thought chapter 13 was a little confusing. Like, the movie has literally nothing to do with anything in chapter 13. Good god.
    Eh, I mostly agree but I have two big objections to the thinking the anime and Kingsglaive not giving vital info:

For the Anime:
    The major thing you learn is the fact that Luna and Noctis were in contact the entire time she was being held prisoner via the book/Umbra. Ignis mentions it during his episode and it matters because if you think they hadn't had any contact since he was 8 (so for 12 years) the depths of their feelings for each other seems sort of weird and doesn't really make much sense. There are some other things which help fill out things and just generally help things to make more sense and while it won't be completly lost without it the story feels a whole lot more hallow without the background info.

For Kingsglaive:
    The entire prologue of Kingsglaive sets up the world and how everything works. It explains why Noctis and his father were visiting Tenabrae (which in turn relates back to the anime). It also explains a bit of what's going on with Raveus, which as it stands in game is whole lot of "wth". Also it's only in the movie where you see what the deal with wearing the Ring of the Lucii is, not only for the people who fail but what Nyx goes through. Without that information when Noctis puts on the ring for the first time in game his reaction and obvious pain is really weird and quite confusing.

So nothing game breaking to not know, but it does help make the story make a lot more sense than it would without watching them. If nothing else watching the Anime is easy b/c it's on youtube and takes about an hour to watch all five episodes

Eh, I mostly agree but I have two big objections to the thinking the anime and Kingsglaive not giving vital info:

For the Anime:
    The major thing you learn is the fact that Luna and Noctis were in contact the entire time she was being held prisoner via the book/Umbra. Ignis mentions it during his episode and it matters because if you think they hadn't had any contact since he was 8 (so for 12 years) the depths of their feelings for each other seems sort of weird and doesn't really make much sense. There are some other things which help fill out things and just generally help things to make more sense and while it won't be completly lost without it the story feels a whole lot more hallow without the background info.
    It tells you this same information the first time you encounter Umbra in the game. /facepalm You must mash through blue text boxes like a boss.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-02 at 04:16 AM.

So I got to ask.

I'm I the only one who beat the story and hasn't picked it back up since?

I think I played maybe a hour at most since I beat the story, I really don't have any drive to do the side stuff. Oddy enough the side things like world bosses was something I originally looked forward to.

Kinda waiting for the MP DLC and if it ever comes the up to 60fps patch.
    I beat all the Maze Dungeons, did all the high level hunts, killed all the bosses for the legendary weapons, and got all the best gear the game has to offer. Honestly, it wasn't really worth it. Most of the endgame content this time around is extremely mind numbing and super tedious at best. Not to mention that it's all pretty faceroll easy if your party is at lvl 99 and has any kind of decent weapons at all.

It's almost like Square Enix realized how easy the endgame would be (especially if you're lvl 99) and decided to just make it as time consuming as possible instead of trying to actually make it challenging and engaging. The endgame Maze Dungeons are probably one of the laziest attempts I've ever seen at a developer creating endgame content. They definitely phoned it in with those.

My suggestion? Don't bother with it, unless you're just really bored and/or still have a Final Fantasy itch that needs to be scratched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It tells you this same information the first time you encounter Umbra in the game. /facepalm You must mash through blue text boxes like a boss.
    Oh look. You complaining about someone not paying attention to something. That's pretty rich considering you yourself didn't seem to have a fucking clue about the Daemons that were showcased in the movie even though all the evidence you needed was RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!

Hilarious, to say the least.

And the anime does add a decent amount of background information on the party members and their relationship with Noctis. Nothing that is absolutely essential, mind you. But it definitely helps flesh out their interactions with each other a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look. You complaining about someone not paying attention to something. That's pretty rich considering you yourself didn't seem to have a fucking clue about the Daemons that were showcased in the movie even though all the evidence you needed was RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!

Hilarious, to say the least.

And the anime does add a decent amount of background information on the party members and their relationship with Noctis. Nothing that is absolutely essential, mind you. But it definitely helps flesh out their interactions with each other a bit better.
    Weren't you supposed to block him? You are going after him and nitpicking every comment he does.

The anime add some flesh to the characters that are the most fleshed out in the game. Other than that it give you pretty much no relevant info that you need to understand XV. Noctis mother's death which is a fairly large part in the anime is not touched in the game.
    The movie is mostly about Nyx and he's not featured in the game at all except for a cameo. The movie does a poor job of adding any character development to Regis, Ardyn or the Emperor but gives some very minor development to Ravus and Luna. All medias are fairly standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, the game goes "oh look it's Umbra and he has a book for Noctis and here's a flashback when Luna gave it to him and asked him to write to her in it" it doesn't at indicate how much they communicated through it or the importance of it. The player is left to fill in the blanks on that on their own or not, and most people I talked to about it who didn't watch the anime completely missed the larger implications with it and were even a bit annoyed by it being there as they didn't get the point at all. There's even a line from Prompto mentioning not understanding the deal with the book and Noctis refusing to explain it. Hence, it isn't clearly explained in game and is actually important to understanding what Noct is going.

Also, you really should stop making assumptions about other people. It makes you look quite silly. Though your past history shows you'll ignore this and keep on making assumptions; but keep in mind that's why people don't take you seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Noctis mother's death which is a fairly large part in the anime is not touched in the game.
    I think the larger point about that was that's how Noctis was injured, which was the reason for the trip to Tenabrae in the first place, and it's also meant to fill in the fact people have been trying to kill him since he was a child.

I beat all the Maze Dungeons, did all the high level hunts, killed all the bosses for the legendary weapons, and got all the best gear the game has to offer. Honestly, it wasn't really worth it. Most of the endgame content this time around is extremely mind numbing and super tedious at best. Not to mention that it's all pretty faceroll easy if your party is at lvl 99 and has any kind of decent weapons at all.

It's almost like Square Enix realized how easy the endgame would be (especially if you're lvl 99) and decided to just make it as time consuming as possible instead of trying to actually make it challenging and engaging. The endgame Maze Dungeons are probably one of the laziest attempts I've ever seen at a developer creating endgame content. They definitely phoned it in with those.
    Yea I was going to go for all the best weapons and stuff but honestly after doing costlemark tower I decided, nope. It was extremely boring, and not challengeing whatsoever and I don't even have that great gear. I had a feeling it'd be the same even with the postgame sections you unlock with the key and from what you wrote it seems to be the case. I'm just going for platinum trophy and that's about it.

My suggestion? Don't bother with it, unless you're just really bored and/or still have a Final Fantasy itch that needs to be scratched.
    Thats the funny thing, i look at the dungeons then the dungeons i can do with friends in FFXIV which also has a better story due to having 3 years of quests to flesh it out and it terms of 'which do i go back to' its no contest. XV isn't bad, its just one of the weaker entries.
    Still no 13 though, at least this has likeable characters and an actual villain.

No, the game goes "oh look it's Umbra and he has a book for Noctis and here's a flashback when Luna gave it to him and asked him to write to her in it" it doesn't at indicate how much they communicated through it or the importance of it.
    It clearly does in the blue box that appears the second Umbra hands you the book before you choose a reply.

How else do you think I know this when I never watched that garbage tier anime? Acting like this is some hidden information is laughable.

It seems like most complaints with FF games story, if it's not in a cutscene it didn't happen!!!!! Reading for additional story and lore is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So....
    I think I got screwed out of getting the airship. I beat all three forts and finished the story, but I don't have all of the key items and Cindy won't give me the quest for it. Fairly pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So....
    I think I got screwed out of getting the airship. I beat all three forts and finished the story, but I don't have all of the key items and Cindy won't give me the quest for it. Fairly pissed.
    Try revisiting the forts to see if you just didn't pick em up.