Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What is your favorite raid of all time and why is it Ulduar?

Let's be honest here Blizzard has never made a better raid and never will. I hope one day Blizzard realizes this and re-releases this raid so we can experience its undeniable greatness once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ulduar hugely overrated other than Yogg and Mimiron.

The rest of the place was long, uninteresting, and boring.
    False.

Every boss in Ulduar was unique and on top of that had its own unique hard mode. You cannot argue that this doesn't make Ulduar the single greatest raid of all time.

Deleted
    Ulduar is one of my least favorite raids for many reasons, including the whole theme of it. But then again cata and wotlk were my least favorite expansions so theres that.

I'd personally have to say the original Karazhan

Ulduar is beloved because it wasn't out for long and it is book ended by lack luster raids. If it didn't follow Naxx, come before ToC and only stay current for a few months people would have liked it way less. Just doing the first waves of trash for more then a half year would have driven people mad.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Throne of Thunder, it has trolls... Dog people... And a beholder... It's my favorite because of my love for fantasy and kinda checking all the boxes for what I like...
    But hey, ulduar is second in my books

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like not even in top 5 raids of all time. Whole T11 was superior to Ulduar in almost any aspect.
    Overall, Wrath's raids are highly overrated.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Artistically, I have always loved Ulduar. I love the concept of hard modes being 'baked into' the encounters as opposed to a switch in the ui you had to flick. The actual boss fights were forgettable, but the lore, the history, the characters(In the mountains...) all of it was a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    It's like not even in top 5 raids of all time. Whole T11 was superior to Ulduar in almost any aspect.
    Overall, Wrath's raids are highly overrated.
    A more incorrect sentence has never been constructed. You may want to try turning on your monitor the next time you enter Ulduar because it is the most beautiful, incredible raid ever produced by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Artistically, I have always loved Ulduar. I love the concept of hard modes being 'baked into' the encounters as opposed to a switch in the ui you had to flick. The actual boss fights were forgettable, but the lore, the history, the characters(In the mountains...) all of it was a fun experience.
    Why, the only real challenge to Ulduar's Greatness is the fact that it wasn't 40 man.

We need a 40 man Ulduar! We need to hear "Who the fuck activated hard mode!?" Ten Thousand Times before we reach 9.0.

I liked t11 too. If we are talking about raids as a whole, not just the way it looks.

Ulduar
    Throne of Thunder
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    Karazhan
    Icecrown Citadel

In that order.

Its interesting.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-01-02 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    My fondest raid memories I have are in Ulduar with Srs Biz - Lothar - NA, may every single member besides me rest in fucking peace

Zul'aman, Firelands, Highmaul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar. Diverse boss mechanics, triggered hardmodes, tightly tuned, or easy (something for everyone) Gorgeous instance, great story, I loved/love the people and guild I raided it with.

Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    My fondest raid memories I have are in Ulduar with Srs Biz - Lothar - NA, may every single member besides me rest in fucking peace
    I agree. Ulduar is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Ulduar. Diverse boss mechanics, triggered hardmodes, tightly tuned, or easy (something for everyone) Gorgeous instance, great story, I loved/love the people and guild I raided it with.

Ulduar.
    Ulduar is the best, I'm glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
    I'd personally have to say the original Karazhan
    agree Kara>all others and it's not even close IMO

For me it's easily Throne of Thunder, followed by Siege of Orgrimmar.

ToT is just pure awesomeness baked in with nice aesthetics, incredible boss fights with great mechanics. And Lei Shen is the most bad ass end boss we've ever had.

Siege also got that MoP polish that is unfortunately missing in today's encounters.

While Ulduar was amazing back in the day, the encouners don't hold up to standards anymore. People get better and we need more challenging stuff to deal with.

Deleted
    Ulduar for the lore. I love the titan stuff. Yogg and Mimiron where the only really great encounters imo.

For boss mechanics i really like ToT and SoO. Sure they had some dull bosses but all raids does. Siegecrafter mythic(hc?) and Lei shen hc is probably some of the best fights ever created.